Will the P3 be updated to support higher watts/volts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
I'm getting into sub ohm vaping now and everyone I talk to is discouraging me to use ProVari saying they are not powerful enough to use tanks like Kanger Subtank (just as one example) and I'm frustrated and don't know what to upgrade to. I currently have V2.5 mini and I want to upgrade but I don't want some cheap China mod, I'm not sure what to do. I'm told you need at least a minimum of 30watts to get decent performance out of sub vaping.

What to do? :)

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Not sure why anybody would actually WANT to get into sub-ohm vaping... sometimes the urge to upgrade and pressure from peers leads to decisions that don't actually make sense. The VAST majority of people vaping managed to quit smoking without sub-ohm vaping... How about this... Save your money, keep your 2.5 and spare yourself the walk down danger lane into the sub-ohm rabbit hole. Just say no. ;)

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I'm getting into sub ohm vaping now and everyone I talk to is discouraging me to use ProVari saying they are not powerful enough to use tanks like Kanger Subtank (just as one example) and I'm frustrated and don't know what to upgrade to. I currently have V2.5 mini and I want to upgrade but I don't want some cheap China mod, I'm not sure what to do. I'm told you need at least a minimum of 30watts to get decent performance out of sub vaping.

What to do? :)
I get a nice vape from my STMs and P2.5s. I get a better vape at 20W in my cheapo box mods. And I go up to 25W and I get some denser vape, which I like. I think the P3 should be perfectly capable of a decent vape on a Subtank, or even a dual coil dripper. I run drippers at 20W although I often go a little higher. But it will never do what a 50-100W box mod can do. You have to decide what's good enough for you. Do you need more? Religion and Philosophy.

I think the P3 is better for pushing a Provari simply because you don't have to worry about intermittently erroring out when you are pushing the limit on a VV basis. I don't own a P3 but I have no doubt they run fine all day at 20W or ProVape wouldn't allow it.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
A P3 with a Subtank Mini is a fantastic vape! 1.2 ohm or .5 ohms!
5bd0a19ca7c372b1f6cf9d12241e966e.jpg

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Why does Kanger have them listed as kbox mini?
Don't understand your question, but the Kanger Subox kit is a Subtank Mini + Kbox Mini. The Subtank Mini has long been sold separately, the KBox Mini at the moment is only available in that kit.

The Subtank Mini included in the Subox kit is an upgraded version of the original Subtank Mini. This new Subtank Mini version has just recently become available and you have to ask questions to be sure what you are buying, if you care. The new Subtank has vertical factory coils and what most people consider an improved RBA deck. I have both (actually 3 different versions of the Subtank Mini, from then to now).

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
You're getting me in trouble, I have to order this Kanger kit lmao, that is just wicked hot.
The Subox + Provari is a nice combination. Something new and different to play with, and blow your clouds with, and something that you know will work.

Actually, my Kbox Mini has been very reliable for the 8 weeks or so I've owned it, and I have not seen many complaints about failure. But the KBox Mini is still new, far less than a year old at this point.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Yea sorry I got confused, can you use flat top battery in this device? I have Samsung 18650's from ProVape for the P3 (2500mah) and was wondering if they would work?
I use the Sammy 25R's in the Subox, which I think are the same Provape sells. I bought mine for 5 bux each from illumn.com, including a free case with each pair. I assume these are the same you have (the blue 25R's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread