Wizard Labs- Your Favorite Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

xMackx

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
Michigan
Wow Danmthisisfun, you got the 60mg Nicotine solution!
How much are you going to delude that down?

I got the 32 mg nicotine solution, I lower it 50 - 50 with PG, that makes it about 16mg.
A little less when I add the flavors.

Yeah I've always gotten the 60 mg per ml in 100% vegetable glycerin base. The 60 and 100 are pretty close to the same price for what you are getting with different size bottles and with 60 mg you get a lot more vegetable glycerin (or whatever mixture you choose). I seem to like my juices around 15 mg per ml..

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
Wow Danmthisisfun, you got the 60mg Nicotine solution!
How much are you going to delude that down?

I got the 32 mg nicotine solution, I lower it 50 - 50 with PG, that makes it about 16mg.
A little less when I add the flavors.

I use the online calculator - wear glove and try not to drink too many brews before I mix (lol - maybe I had too many last time and hence juice tasted like puke - lol). I didnt need nico - have about 80ML - but to get free shipping might as well order it - over a year bf it expires. I dont use much PG - hence the 250ML pure VG ordered. I think in the end it is prob more expensive since I had to add more VG to make it 12mg.....a few cents here a few there.........

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
I think it was another thread I read about using vodka at 20% and 10% water for us VG folks to make it thinner. They key to flavor blending according to the OP was you mix the flavor with the vodka and leave it overnight. Then u mix the rest. Apparently this worked for him -so am gonna try that when I get my order. I am not too keen on using 20% vodka - may go with 10% vodka and 10% water.

MattBott

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
I think it was another thread I read about using vodka at 20% and 10% water for us VG folks to make it thinner. They key to flavor blending according to the OP was you mix the flavor with the vodka and leave it overnight. Then u mix the rest. Apparently this worked for him -so am gonna try that when I get my order. I am not too keen on using 20% vodka - may go with 10% vodka and 10% water.

I believe the flavor + vodka was for the alcohol soluble flavoring. And flavor + water for the water soluble flavorings. It was to let the flavor "open up," aka pre steep.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
thanks - so only alcohol based flavors need to be steeped the way he did em. I think most of mine are PG based.......

Finally found that post - i understand now - need to mix water soluble with water - alcohol bases with vodka - fr 24 hrs......made to make a list of my flavors so I know which is what.......

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
the list is a good idea.... but i honestly dont see how steeping it this way would accelerate anything without the nic being involved.

Maybe it works well for alcohol based flavors - worth a shot - dont think it would harm anything - especially my mixes cause most have been failures - lol

MattBott

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
the list is a good idea.... but i honestly dont see how steeping it this way would accelerate anything without the nic being involved.

I believe the poster's theory was that the flavors melding with the nic / base wasn't what the problem was. He was talking about the even molecular combining of the flavors.

I keep re-reading that and can't make it make sense in my head. But hell, if someone got it to work with some magical psudo-science, hell, we can try!

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
About to order some more supplies, and more flavors. Just ran out of Commercial tobacco flavor, it's a great tobacco flavor to start out with for anyone because it's a very mild lightly sweet tobacco flavor. Sticking with different tobacco flavors, different sweeteners, and menthols seems to be the key to making good juices for me. Can't wait to try them out!

Another one I liked:
5% commercial tobacco
3% brown sugar
2% Carmel
10% water
25% VG/nic 60mg per ml
55% Vegetable Glycerin

i forgot to mention to you... i tried this... and its good! thanks! makes a great base also!

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La

I hope this isn't an indictment of steeping..period. I make a lot of juice with AND without nic. Steeping is good for lots of juices and ESSENTIAL for others. I make one juice with TFA M-type tobacco that needs to steep several weeks to even be vapable.
I've never mixed flavors without mixing the whole kit and kaboodle, but it certainly can't hurt the process. Besides premixing flavors might save some time AND help with the steeping process.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
I made some juice on saturday.

4 ml nicotine (34mg) (70%pg 30%vg)
4 ml pg
10 drops of 555
3 drops caramel.

I let it sit over the weekend, and filled a carto with it this morning.
It's delicious!
Very smooth, lots of vapor.

Wooo woooo - will try this as soon as I get my package from WL................

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
this sounds good... imagine 3 weeks steeping this.... it would most likely be niiiiiiccceee..

a bit strong though.. (34mg?) DAMN

I think I wait as long as it take if something I make is vapeable - lol. Yup that is kinda high nico. I started at 18 and down to 11 - batch I will attempt to make will be 10.......my goal is to try and go to 0 by summer..........but the amount of green I am spending on mods and pass throughs and clearo and diy juice and coils - may be vaping for a while to start a vape store - lol

xMackx

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
Michigan
Got my new order from WL today! Now I have a very deliscious gauntlet of flavors to work with. This is what i have to work with:

My E-Juice Flavors:

Menthol Crystals

Carmel Flavor

French Vanilla

Brown Sugar

Honey

Tobacco

Flue Cured Tobacco

Hazelnut

Cola Flavor

Double Ry4

I mixed an all VG mix today of Flue cured tobacco and Hazlenut, just a few drops of both to 10ml. All I have to say is yum, I'll have another all day vape recipe soon as i tweek it. Tastes almost just like a hazlenut cigar that used to be my fav.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
Got my new order from WL today! Now I have a very deliscious gauntlet of flavors to work with. This is what i have to work with:

My E-Juice Flavors:

Menthol Crystals

Carmel Flavor

French Vanilla

Brown Sugar

Honey

Tobacco

Flue Cured Tobacco

Hazelnut

Cola Flavor

Double Ry4

I mixed an all VG mix today of Flue cured tobacco and Hazlenut, just a few drops of both to 10ml. All I have to say is yum, I'll have another all day vape recipe soon as i tweek it. Tastes almost just like a hazlenut cigar that used to be my fav.

as soon as i saw you got thr flue cured i knew i was going to respond...

that's some good stuff man, let it steep good though you wont be disappointed. i gotta get me some hazelnut..

what cola did you get??? LOR or TFA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread