Worst vaping purchase ever that you sincerely regretted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SailCat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2009
Beaverton, OR
www.SailCat.com
Hey, K-fans! I know there's plenty of you out there; your reviews were the reason I bought the K-Box. I have to pull the post on my tank every 20 minutes or so to get it to recognize it and the Atlantis II is the only one it'll read at all. I've got a couple of other subtanks which work fine on an IP4 and other devices but the K-Box thinks they're shorting out.

I'm thrilled for those that like it, really. It just worked out to be my personal least favorite.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Hey, K-fans! I know there's plenty of you out there; your reviews were the reason I bought the K-Box. I have to pull the post on my tank every 20 minutes or so to get it to recognize it and the Atlantis II is the only one it'll read at all. I've got a couple of other subtanks which work fine on an IP4 and other devices but the K-Box thinks they're shorting out.

I'm thrilled for those that like it, really. It just worked out to be my personal least favorite.
Have you tried replacing the insulator? You can get a small o ring underneath the pin and it'll work. mine got wrecked from over tightening, but I don't know if other things could cause it.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
My worse purchase would probably be a good purchase for a lot of people - a subtank mini.

For me it wasn't the way it vapes but the continuous leaking no matter what I do. It is very temperamental. One minute it is behaving and I stop hating it and the next, for no reason at all it leaks all over my battery. Even the rebuildable section broke down after a couple of builds. I'm giving up on Kanger. The GeniTank, which was the first tank I bought, is pretty good.... if you don't mind the gurgling and spitting that is.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
For me it wasn't the way it vapes but the continuous leaking no matter what I do. It is very temperamental. One minute it is behaving and I stop hating it and the next, for no reason at all it leaks all over my battery. Even the rebuildable section broke down after a couple of builds. I'm giving up on Kanger. The GeniTank, which was the first tank I bought, is pretty good.... if you don't mind the gurgling and spitting that is.
That's sucks that yours didn't perform for you. You'll get bad apples in each batch, and some tanks are just not suited to different vaping styles at All.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
That sucks because they really are great tanks. I have 3 and literally have never had a leak, ever. I actually only buy Kanger tanks because I've had nothing but success with them, so I see no point in trying something different. So yeah I'm sorry to hear that.

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
What are some purchases that you guys made that you regret?

For me, it was the Nemesis Clone mod. That terrible piece of machinery went wrong in literally every single way it could've. Don't even get me started on the little pen that had to be stuck in the button in order for it to fire.....

Go!

You mean the rice pin that kept the button from spinning so it will actually function correctly? Yeah, that is such a pain....smh.

So far the least satisfying purchase for me has been the Taifun GT clone...never really got to use it and the PC tank cracked on the threads. I have 4 tanks now and one more on the way, so I doubt I will ever get back to it.

Oh, and the disappointment of the entire Killer Juice line is only mitigated by the fact I never spent more than $1 a bottle for anything I ordered from them...I was low on money at the time, so the cheap vape was almost worth it.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
That sucks because they really are great tanks. I have 3 and literally have never had a leak, ever. I actually only buy Kanger tanks because I've had nothing but success with them, so I see no point in trying something different. So yeah I'm sorry to hear that.
I have 5 subtanks, and each one is still working well. I had some leaking problems when I first started working with the RBA, but now that I've got that down I haven't had any problems. Is that new drip tip working well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread