Would you trust a battery from a discount Chinese retailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
You guys are something else here. You really all are. This man just bought batteries from a reputable Chinese Vendor, and of a battery type that at this point has seen so few counterfeits, and you are all instantly jumping to the conclusion of them being fake. You didnt even know the type of battery before you all jumped on him with the whole "Its from china, its .... mentality."
Taking from personal experience, I have purchased EVERY SINGLE ONE of my batteries from China, and guess what? They're all authentic. All 30 of them. They all work as they should, they all weigh as they should. I can push them up to 20 amps in my regulated mods and they are still ice cold, and working well.

Don't start bashing things without knowing the whole deal, or without ever having dealt with Chinese vendors. As long as you are ordering from one of the Reputable vendors(3F, Focal, FT, GB, HG) the chance of getting a counterfeit product is incredibly low. Also, newsflash, your local B&M, probably gets their supply from one of these vendors for batteries. Just saying.

Ive bought thousands of dollars worth of gear from China.
I would not risk buying cells from the country responsible for all counterfeit batteries.
There is zero recourse.

Just to save $2.

Illumination supply actually tests their cells. They have a stellar reputation and have been servicing high end flashlight owners longer than there has been a vape scene.
They have an actual brick and mortar store in California.
No question they are as legit as it comes.
So......
Why risk it?
To save $2?
My peace of mind is worth more than that.

Vape safe. Know your gear.

Reactions: Baditude

smokinGAVIN

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Manila, Philippines
Most of our vaping batteries come from the world of flashlights.

The word "Mod" is short for "modified flashlight" as the first mods were exactly that.

Sorry if this is off topic.

I would never have thought that about the origin of the word "Mod". Learn something new everyday.

Squidward

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
United States
Sorry if this is off topic.

I would never have thought that about the origin of the word "Mod". Learn something new everyday.

I only recently became aware of that, too. Unfortunately, with the vaping witch hunt currently in progress, we may be returning to those days soon. Hope somebody still remembers how to turn a flashlight into a mod!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It's not the quality that would concern me the most... after all even the good batteries are made in china.
:rolleyes:

Aside from possibly the brand AW, what batteries made in China do you consider "good"?

It's pretty much a given among "battery experts" that the best batteries for vaping come from LG, Samsung, and Sony. LG is based in South Korea. Samsung and Sony are based in Japan. I'm not aware of any top batteries that come from China.

And don't try to tell me Efest batteries. It's widely known that all of their batteries are rewraps, and there's no way to know exactly what cells that they use at any point in time. Almost all of the companies who are rewrappers exaggerate their battery specs, often so much that they can be considered dangerous. Almost all the batteries that come from China are rewraps.

Are You Using a Rewrap Battery? Exposing the Worst Brands in Vaping

Purple Efest Batteries, Not As Advertised

Beginner’s Guide to Lithium Batteries

List of Battery Tests

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread