The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vapor Flask V2 clone .. who do we buy this mod from?

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Flt Simulation, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Croak

Croak Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 13, 2012
    Right behind you...

Looks like a 26650 riff on a Zen ZNA, sans USB charging as well. Cool looking though.

2. spartanstew

spartanstew ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2013
    Wylie, Texas
    And it has a smoking button.

3. minimal

minimal Full Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Orange County, CA.
    has anyone purchased a wrap for their VF Clone?

I sent an email to JWraps and asked if they could send me one without the USB cut and they said they could, not sure if anyone has had luck with this yet.

the VF clone I ordered has a USB slot but from what i've read/seen it's in a different location so i was just going to make the cut myself in the wrap. If anyone else has done this, please upload photos! If not, I will upload some photos of this once I've applied the wrap and made the adjustments

4. Croak

Nov 13, 2012
    Right behind you...
    I'm less worried about the USB port location than I am about a possible variance in button placement and size.

I'd rather start with a pre-cut body section with no button holes, and just wrap it, heat shrink it tight right over the buttons and port, and then precision razor cut the holes myself. Same way I wrap stuff for my cars, motorcycles, tablets, phones and toaster oven. Di-Noc style vinyl is really easy to work with.

Believe it or not, it's actually easier that way than faffing about trying to line up cutouts, especially on a sheet as large as the main body section.

5. Flt Simulation

Flt Simulation Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2014
    Florida
    Bringing this back to the top ... No postings on this for about 3 weeks now.

Question: Has it been determined which of the Vapor Flask clones that are now available seem to be of the nicest construction with the least amount of problems?

Don't have to be the highest watt Vapor Flask clone of the bunch ... Just the highest overall quality clone

Ron,

Edit ... Maybe waiting a little longer will tell the tale a little better?

Also, any idea as to how many various companies are manufacturing the Vapor Flask clone right now (some must be better than others)?

6. Croak

Nov 13, 2012
    Right behind you...
    At the moment, it looks like the SXK (Infinite/Yosen) version (Nikkita's review here) takes the award for best constructed and easiest to upgrade boards on, but falls down a bit in the actual electronics inside, being just a DNA30 clone, and one with a couple issues at that. If I were just wanting a good housing, this is the one to get.

Kangxin appears to have the best electronics, with a nicely working DNA40 clone inside, but an average build quality outside, and loaded up with hot glue inside. If I wanted temperature control on the cheap in a decent housing, this is the one to get (and the one I ordered last month).

All the others are crap shoots. There's a few other shops making VF clones, but reports and provenance on them are spotty at best. And there's the long awaited 1:1 DNA40 clone reputed to be in the works, but last reports on it weren't that encouraging.

7. Flt Simulation

Jan 26, 2014
    Florida
    Thanks Croak

I don't really need a DNA-40 type chip that allows you to use nickel wire for a coil in order to give you 'temperature regulation'.

I just want a good circuit board like the YiHi SX130 (ie: iPV Mini) that can output a max of about 30 watts and it very reliable.

Again, I am more interested in a reliable circuit board along with really nice construction and very nice overall finish in the Vapor Flask clone. Something that resembles the original Vapor Flask in quality construction and overall finish.

Ron,

8. Flt Simulation

Jan 26, 2014
    Florida
    BTW, I don't sub-ohm

I use an authentic SvoëMesto Kayfun Lite-Plus and make the coil from Kanthal 28 AWG wire at about 1.8 ohms. Then feed that single coil with about 10.5 watts.

Makes for a real nice flavorful vape with a good amount of vapor that is not at all hot.

I have been using an iPV Mini (which I am real happy with) and a King mechanical tube mod with an installed Kick module

... But I do like the form of the Vapor Flask and would buy one if I could find a really nice clone.

9. Croak

Nov 13, 2012
    Right behind you...
    A DNA40 would still do the job for you just fine, nothing says you need to use nickel wire with it, or sub-ohm, or all 40 watts. It has several improvements over the DNA30 boards (true step down, reverse battery protection, fires as low as 1v, etc).

Glad you've found an atty and build you like. I'd be back to smoking cigs again if I tried to vape what you like to vape though. :)

10. Flt Simulation

Jan 26, 2014
    Florida
    Well, I DIY my own juice at 18mg Nic, so I get enough nicotine to satisfy my nic addiction and keep me off cigarettes. Been cigarette free for 1 year now.

You mentioned "true stepdown" .... That is a very good feature, however since I use a 1.8-2.0 ohm coil and feed it 10.5 watts, I never need voltage lower than a fully charges battery anyway ... but if I switch to a coil in lets say the 1.2 ohm range, I will certainly need step-down in order to make the 10.5 watts. (so that's nice to have available) :)

11. desertlover

desertlover Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2011
    Southern California
    Anyone know if this will take an old school dripping atomizer?

And what is the usb port used for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.