WOW, amazing MTL with smok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
This is the absolute new MTL *KING* for me. I can't believe how good it is!

Killer throat hit with 18mg nic, at 22 watts. perfect vapour (more than mini triton 1.2 ohm).

Smok Mini Brit! 1.2 or the 0.6 coil are both MTL coils with perfect airflow.

This absolutely hammers the tiron mini and original naut, IMO. Also better than aspire pockex using the naut x 0.6 ohm MTL coils.

Now i am absolutely excited to also try the Smok micro TFV4 and the micro basic.

This has totally given MTL a new lease of life for me. The flavour is just superb. I am vaping 18mg blueberry by Cigma Vape, and all I want to do is lick my lips after every single drag!

I still like the nautilus X and Protank4, don't get me wrong, but the smok just hits like a freight train, which i love the feeling of.

One caveat, it's a pressfit style, which kind of annoys me as the juice has to be completely emptied (like the nautx) to change the coil, AND it's still messy even after that.
Furthermore, my glass is stuck onto the o ring so tight, i can screw the top off perfectly, but i have not been able to separate it at this stage to give it a pre vape clean. I spent an hour trying various methods. I am hoping after a few tanks vaped, it will have greased the connection point between glass and base a bit, otherwise I am at a loss on what I will do, cause to change the coil you need to remove the glass. Imagine it's exactly like a nautilus x in terms of it's top fill and pressure fit system rather than threads (other than fill lid), but with adjustable airflow, and the smok brand :)

Last edited:

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
well the aspire stuff and kanger was already satisfying, but this was just a "what the hell i'll give it a try", and i'm so enthusiastic about it as it was such a big surprise.. It's like the next step up i never expected.
What I am really hoping for is that the coils in the tfv4 micro are similarly enjoyable, because that has a 3.5 and 5ml adapter glass included.. Thankfully at least this is very easy to top up, i even left it on my mod before (i know, i know), just unscrewed the top, topped it up and that was it. it took literally 10 seconds. I seem to get 1 gurgle after a fill, but 1 fire upside down clears it, and then it's gurgle and dry hit free all the way down.

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Remember when looking at more stuff from Smok for mtl is the airflow on the tank. If the air can't be turned down enough, or the coil will get too hot without more air, it may cut in to the mtl experience for you. OTOH, experimenting with more airflow might give you a more enjoyable vape. That's what happened to me, and now I enjoy a midrange power more airflow draw. It's giving me better flavor, and while yes, there is more cloud, that's not what I find pleasing about it.

When I have to travel or be somewhere stealth is needed, I do go back to a more traditional mtl setup and a juice with a bit more nic to keep me happy. I may well check out the Brit as a backup for stuff like that as well.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
actually a lot of it is specifically in the design of the coils (and of course the adjustable airflow on the tank as you say). Even smoking high nic in this is not giving me any headrush or issue, at 0.6 ohms.. I think many don't realise that it's not sub ohm that makes high nic dangerous but the amount of juice the item is vaporising and letting you inhale, and a lot of this has to do with coil airflow. The brit mini MTL coils are small airflow holes like aspire stuff, and they also have an airflow restraining ring which you can optionally use on some other smok devices. With the airflow wide open on this tank, it's a lot more airy than any nautilus for example, but we are still not talking lung hit, maybe half way between MTL and DL. What smok seem to have nailed here is the smoking style experience whilst giving bigger vapour than most MTL and crazy good flavour. I am seriously impressed. It's great at 14 watts and great at 25 as well (smok say 15-30 watts with best being 25). 25 is quite warm, but even with 6 seconds pulls there is no burning of any kind :)

Reactions: Eskie

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
LOL! I feel the same about sub ohm (well this is sub ohm, so perhaps the better term is cloud chasing?)
If you can recommend me a sub ohm cloud chasing tank with massive airflow that actually gives a throat hit, i'm all ears, truly!
Kind of feel the same .... I'm strictly mtl with rebuildable rta's but I have tried a sub tank with DL inhales and sub ohm drippers doing DL and never was able to get that intense TH like I do with mtl tanks. I vape 24mg in my rtas and even vaped that when trying the open airflow sub stuff and although I got heat, it wasn't really that thump like in mtl. I guess it goes hand in hand though, if you have massive AF, you will get heat but not that intense TH like a mtl set up

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Kind of feel the same .... I'm strictly mtl with rebuildable rta's but I have tried a sub tank with DL inhales and sub ohm drippers doing DL and never was able to get that intense TH like I do with mtl tanks. I vape 24mg in my rtas and even vaped that when trying the open airflow sub stuff and although I got heat, it wasn't really that thump like in mtl. I guess it goes hand in hand though, if you have massive AF, you will get heat but not that intense TH like a mtl set up

thanks for sharing that similar experience.. I'm sort of starting to really believe that ultra low ohm and/or high airflow sub tank can not provide TH.. especially when used with lower nicotine.
I always used to say i could take any nic at any ohms. Boy was I wrong. And i am happy to vape 48, 36 or 24mg in my MTL tanks. But the truth is, when i vaped just 12mg in an atlantis 1.0 ohm coil, so not even sub ohm, at 40 watts (it really does vape well even at 50 watts like aspire claim, if anyone is wondering, as i have seen queries & doubts before about aspire's 1 ohm atlantis coil being rated higher than their 0.5 ohm), I almost passed out. Well, I got a bit of tunnel vision at the least. It is because of the massive airflow in that coil.. but still, no real TH! So i had to lower it to 6mg to use the coil without feeling faint, and now there is absolutely no TH whatsoever. Not even a little. Flavour is nice and there is plenty of vapour (atm vaping FA-Q imperial milk in the atlantis mega), but if i put the 12mg of that juice into a 1.5 ohm nautilus X, i can get a little bit of TH ( i wish they made that in a 50/50 mix and 24mg!). Only been a vaper for 3 years, true, but I believe 18mg is the bare minimum, with a mtl coil design, to experience an "oomphy" TH. I have heard the TH in the juul is the one to beat, but there are only 4 flavours, very low ml per pod, and i haven't been able to find a single vendor that will ship it to Australia anyway. Next step is to try some TH tuned nic salt juice to mix with my doublers.
I'm always searching for that elusive *perfect* throat hit, which is something i just love, and the smok is the closest yet. I am going to put some 36mg bora bora white cloud tobacco juice in this smok tank when i change the coil, and hopefully that will be insane TH!

Reactions: vapdivrr

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
thanks for sharing that similar experience.. I'm sort of starting to really believe that ultra low ohm and/or high airflow sub tank can not provide TH.. especially when used with lower nicotine.
I always used to say i could take any nic at any ohms. Boy was I wrong. And i am happy to vape 48, 36 or 24mg in my MTL tanks. But the truth is, when i vaped just 12mg in an atlantis 1.0 ohm coil, so not even sub ohm, at 40 watts (it really does vape well even at 50 watts like aspire claim, if anyone is wondering, as i have seen queries & doubts before about aspire's 1 ohm atlantis coil being rated higher than their 0.5 ohm), I almost passed out. Well, I got a bit of tunnel vision at the least. It is because of the massive airflow in that coil.. but still, no real TH! So i had to lower it to 6mg to use the coil without feeling faint, and now there is absolutely no TH whatsoever. Not even a little. Flavour is nice and there is plenty of vapour (atm vaping FA-Q imperial milk in the atlantis mega), but if i put the 12mg of that juice into a 1.5 ohm nautilus X, i can get a little bit of TH ( i wish they made that in a 50/50 mix and 24mg!). Only been a vaper for 3 years, true, but I believe 18mg is the bare minimum, with a mtl coil design, to experience an "oomphy" TH. I have heard the TH in the juul is the one to beat, but there are only 4 flavours, very low ml per pod, and i haven't been able to find a single vendor that will ship it to Australia anyway. Next step is to try some TH tuned nic salt juice to mix with my doublers.
I'm always searching for that elusive *perfect* throat hit, which is something i just love, and the smok is the closest yet. I am going to put some 36mg bora bora white cloud tobacco juice in this smok tank when i change the coil, and hopefully that will be insane TH!
We probably feel TH very similiar then. When I tried 24mg in a sub tank or massive air type drippers and said I really didn't feel TH, people thought I was crazy. Those tanks you mentioned sounds pretty good, but I don't do drop in coils, not that there bad, but I just like building my own. I do tanks like the byka v6, kayfun mini v3, tilemos, evel reaper, and erlkonigin and at 25 watts, coils around 1 ohm and 24mg juice is a pretty good vape, but a fantastic TH!

Reactions: Izan and Vesh

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
This is the absolute new MTL *KING* for me. I can't believe how good it is!

Killer throat hit with 18mg nic, at 22 watts. perfect vapour (more than mini triton 1.2 ohm).

Smok Mini Brit! 1.2 or the 0.6 coil are both MTL coils with perfect airflow.

This absolutely hammers the tiron mini and original naut, IMO. Also better than aspire pockex using the naut x 0.6 ohm MTL coils.

Now i am absolutely excited to also try the Smok micro TFV4 and the micro basic.

This has totally given MTL a new lease of life for me. The flavour is just superb. I am vaping 18mg blueberry by Cigma Vape, and all I want to do is lick my lips after every single drag!

I still like the nautilus X and Protank4, don't get me wrong, but the smok just hits like a freight train, which i love the feeling of.

One caveat, it's a pressfit style, which kind of annoys me as the juice has to be completely emptied (like the nautx) to change the coil, AND it's still messy even after that.
Furthermore, my glass is stuck onto the o ring so tight, i can screw the top off perfectly, but i have not been able to separate it at this stage to give it a pre vape clean. I spent an hour trying various methods. I am hoping after a few tanks vaped, it will have greased the connection point between glass and base a bit, otherwise I am at a loss on what I will do, cause to change the coil you need to remove the glass. Imagine it's exactly like a nautilus x in terms of it's top fill and pressure fit system rather than threads (other than fill lid), but with adjustable airflow, and the smok brand :)

Maaan, I've been seeing reviews saying the same. It sounds great. But the 2mls is a deal breaker for me. I'd totally get one if they had a 4ml extender or even a larger size like a Mega that takes the same coils. I just saw that the Spirals tank is going to have a Plus 4ml version, so hopefully they'll do the same with this.

Get with the program Smok- MTLer's want large juice capacity too!

Reactions: Vesh

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Maaan, I've been seeing reviews saying the same. It sounds great. But the 2mls is a deal breaker for me. I'd totally get one if they had a 4ml extender or even a larger size like a Mega that takes the same coils. I just saw that the Spirals tank is going to have a Plus 4ml version, so hopefully they'll do the same with this.

Get with the program Smok- MTLer's want large juice capacity too!

thats why the micro tfv4 should be the answer.. i just ordered one so i'll know in a few days when delivered and tested, and will keep this topic updated. The tank comes with the basic 2ml, a 3.5ml AND a 5ml extender! For MTL, 5ml is massive. I have to also say, i am very impressed with the juice consumption in the brit mini 0.6 ohm MTL coil.. for 2ml, it should be running out a lot quicker than it is, as it's always in my hand ready to vape.

Smok Micro TFV4 Tank (22mm) Genuine

i've gone for silver in the micro tfv4 as the brit mini that is the subject of this topic is a black. I am very into their cone shaped drip tip by the way.. every pic and vid of it made me think. "nah".. but it's really comfy!

Note, the micro TFV4 has 2 sub ohm coils, a 0.25 and a 0.3, but the MTL are 1.2 and 1.8, so it misses out on the 0.6 ohm mtl coil of the brit mini. However, the 1.2 ohm is rated up to 40w.. WTF? will be very interesting to try, can't wait.

@vapdivrr, thanks so much for your reply - much respect for taking the time and effort to build your own coils, and i would have loved to try one of your own 1 ohm builds.. unfortunately, i just don't have it in me to build coils, that's where i draw the line personally.

Reactions: vapdivrr

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
thats why the micro tfv4 should be the answer.. i just ordered one so i'll know in a few days when delivered and tested, and will keep this topic updated. The tank comes with the basic 2ml, a 3.5ml AND a 5ml extender! For MTL, 5ml is massive. I have to also say, i am very impressed with the juice consumption in the brit mini 0.6 ohm MTL coil.. for 2ml, it should be running out a lot quicker than it is, as it's always in my hand ready to vape.

Smok Micro TFV4 Tank (22mm) Genuine

i've gone for silver in the micro tfv4 as the brit mini that is the subject of this topic is a black. I am very into their cone shaped drip tip by the way.. every pic and vid of it made me think. "nah".. but it's really comfy!

Note, the micro TFV4 has 2 sub ohm coils, a 0.25 and a 0.3, but the MTL are 1.2 and 1.8, so it misses out on the 0.6 ohm mtl coil of the brit mini. However, the 1.2 ohm is rated up to 40w.. ...? will be very interesting to try, can't wait.

@vapdivrr, thanks so much for your reply - much respect for taking the time and effort to build your own coils, and i would have loved to try one of your own 1 ohm builds.. unfortunately, i just don't have it in me to build coils, that's where i draw the line personally.

Oh interesting, I've never seen that one. Ya please do keep us updated on your results, thanks!

Reactions: Vesh

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Both the Micro TFV4 and Brit look great, but I am just so sick of buying more and more different coil models. :( Be great if Smok released a MTL coil in the same format as the Baby coils that worked with a tank that had tight airflow.

I generally build my own coils but I find Kabukis and Triton Minis are easy for the odd time when I go out. My wife only uses these and Nautilus tanks, so being able to use a Nautilus coil in multiple tanks is a huge thing for me. 2ml is a PITA, but not terrible with a 1.6-1.8ohm coil.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Moved from General Vaping Discussion to Rebuildable Atomizer Systems - RTA
not that I mind but ya gotta explain that to me, please.. just so i can understand why something with drop in coils and a tank, would go into RDA section rather than the tank section.. It will help me know better where to put future similar topics.. cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread