Status
Not open for further replies.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I just got this the other day, but just the tank alone. The full kit with stick looks nice, but a little long. Anyway, I really like the tank in design, but am sort of on the fence about this 1.2 MTL coil. I haven't yet tried the DL one.

The heatup time is crazy fast on the coil, and the airflow seems nice and smooth, but I dunno...the flavor is just sort of okay. Almost like it's dry. I'm using 50/50 at 12watts. It's not nearly as favorable as my Nautilus X tank using the 1.8 with the same juice.

Anyone else get one? Curious to hear some thoughts. I'm not sure if I want to try a new pack of coils, hoping I got a dud, or just wait and hope they make a warmer MTL coil down the road.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Looking yesterday I only saw the tank @ Elementvape and they had no xtra 1.2's so I haven't ordered yet. Anywhere else that they stock the tank only?

I used a 1.2 Joye coil in the Exceed tank and much preferred it to the Naut or Zenith. I don't use flavoring tho, just preferred the hit. The 1.2 in the Icare I found nasty, but that wasn't a great mod for me.

Reactions: stols001

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Looking yesterday I only saw the tank @ Elementvape and they had no xtra 1.2's so I haven't ordered yet. Anywhere else that they stock the tank only?

I used a 1.2 Joye coil in the Exceed tank and much preferred it to the Naut or Zenith. I don't use flavoring tho, just preferred the hit. The 1.2 in the Icare I found nasty, but that wasn't a great mod for me.

Ya, that's where I got mine. I just searched vapecrawler and they look to be the only place that sells just the Tank in the US right now. MVS has the extra 1.2's in stock, but I dunno, I think I'll just wait to hear some more thoughts.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I would guess unfavorably, if people are saying it's worse than the nautilus. I love the Nautilus 2 it was my quitting tank and I do use the nautilus coils in OTHER tanks and they are fantastic.

The nautilus coils are just little gems. IMHO, Aspire should just stick to them. LOL.

I think you'd probably find them fairy different compared to your Zenith (which I also have a couple.) IDK.

Anna

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I am an Aspire Tigon tank fan.

I use 1.2s and am loving it.

Currently I have 4 of them, one for each mod.

I find them flavoursome and not had a dry hit.

These are my #1 tank. I do keep a load of coils around, but not needed any yet.

That's good to hear. So no odd flavor from the nicrome coils? I only tried the one it came with mine, but it just tasted off to me. After some research, I've heard that some people get that from nicrome coils.

TonyD64

ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    I just bought the Tigon Kit. Love it so far but even wide open the 1.2 Ohm coil is a hotter vape for the first one or two puffs, after that it is fine. what I did is made a small piece of thin cardboard and kept cutting it down to experiment with the width of the opening and found a sweet spot. Now I use it wide open or just stick the piece in and close the adjustment on it and pull it out. You'll get used to it. The 0.4 Ohm coil is too much for my lungs Haha but I'll keep it as a spare while I wait for new 1.2 coils to come in the mail. I really love the kit and the Black looks way cooler at home than it does in the picture.

Aspire_Tina

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 9, 2015
    Fuyong,Baoan,China
    I just bought the Tigon Kit. Love it so far but even wide open the 1.2 Ohm coil is a hotter vape for the first one or two puffs, after that it is fine. what I did is made a small piece of thin cardboard and kept cutting it down to experiment with the width of the opening and found a sweet spot. Now I use it wide open or just stick the piece in and close the adjustment on it and pull it out. You'll get used to it. The 0.4 Ohm coil is too much for my lungs Haha but I'll keep it as a spare while I wait for new 1.2 coils to come in the mail. I really love the kit and the Black looks way cooler at home than it does in the picture.
    Hello TonyD64,
    Thank you for the great feedback
    Best Regards

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread