Ended Wow! Koopor & Smok Giveaway - 200 Koopor Plus and 200 TFV4 Mini's to be won

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeVan

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2014
NC
I've had my account compromised twice (both times caught by bank). I think it's online shopping for vape gear.

I've since changed to buying ONLY with PayPal, using an account that has 0 dollars in it until I make a purchase. I'll transfer the exact amount to the account, and when the purchase is done, it's empty again...

I know it may be overkill, but I haven't had any issues since.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
I've had my account compromised twice (both times caught by bank). I think it's online shopping for vape gear.

I've since changed to buying ONLY with PayPal, using an account that has 0 dollars in it until I make a purchase. I'll transfer the exact amount to the account, and when the purchase is done, it's empty again...

I switched to a prepaid visa. I put just enough on it to do online shopping for what I need for the month. I'd much rather lose a little than my entire bank account.

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama

both times with me it was before online vape shopping...the accounts already had zero in them lol...the second time it was my Paypal account that they were trying to access/use...when paypal asked my if I had added an address from a state we haven't worked in I about freaked out...was such an odd feeling that someone was trying to use my identity and (nonexistent) money

Reactions: pwheeler

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I know my hack was from vape gear, it's all I use the money card for. South Africa was the destination for my money in this hack. The 3 places I used the card in the last month were a new vendor I hadn't used before, SMOK, and paypal. It's frustrating but I was lucky. The bank is even transferring the $7 from the old account to the new one. They've been great (BB&T).

pbanj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2015
virginia, usa
www.gotbrew.org
both times with me it was before online vape shopping...the accounts already had zero in them lol...the second time it was my Paypal account that they were trying to access/use...when paypal asked my if I had added an address from a state we haven't worked in I about freaked out...was such an odd feeling that someone was trying to use my identity and (nonexistent) money
Only time anything like that has happened to me it was with paypal. They pretty much refused to do anything. I had to have my bank take care of it. They closed my bank account and moved all the cash to the new account.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
@LynnNC Good morning doll ..
[emoji179]
@Denver I hate you!!!!!
7a47c5729921bf3481eb2b8cb47317fe.jpg

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Reactions: anjelvape77

JoeVan

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2014
NC
Only time anything like that has happened to me it was with paypal. They pretty much refused to do anything. I had to have my bank take care of it. They closed my bank account and moved all the cash to the new account.

So you're saying PayPal isn't safe to use for online shopping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread