Your favorite tobacco flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently tried silverthorne from JC and Coumerin Pipe from mount baker. Silverthorne is an uncanny resemblance to aromatic blend pipe tobacco, not sweet at all, my blunder was in getting Red Oak (100% VG) it made a prompt mess of my coils. Coumerin was slighter sweeter but still very dry and aromatic. My all time favorite is still easily Grey Matter from MEL.

So you've had problems with red oak as well. Seriously every tank I own leaks when I vape this stuff. I love the flavor but the constant coil cleaning and leaking atomizers are driving me bat crap crazy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
I haven't been much of a tobacco vaper. Mom & Pop Tobacco Haze is the only one I really enjoyed for quite awhile. In the last few months I found VCV's White Beard and Blue Beard--they are both awesome, but my favorite right now is Ahlusion Caramel Wild Wood. Light smokey tobacco and sweet caramel. Great for an ADV!

Has anyone tried BeeLiquid's Mellow Max? OOB it tasted pretty non-descript to me. It was sort of one note. I didn't love it or hate it. Curious how it does after a good steep.

I have high hopes for Ahlusion Smooth Criminal once it has fully steeped and for Plume Room's Burley & Candy which is supposed to show up today.

Now excuse me but I have a mailman to stalk....

Last edited:

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
Ahlusion Smooth Criminal (After 6 week steep), Caramel Wild Wood,
Mom & Pop Tobacco Haze (after 1 month steep)
Nickoticket H1N1(after 1 month steep)

For Stronger more Aggressive tobacco's I like Ahlusion's Aeromatic line and Want 2 Vape RY4

Also have plume room tobacco's coming In the mail and have high expectation's for

Also almost forgot Velvet Cloud Vapor has a good desrtey type tobacco White Beard

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
From personal vaping experience:

Straight tobaccos, non-sweet: Apache -- MOV
3 crown, GOLD, Black Cavendish -- NET.com
Patriot, Wild Turkey, Acadian Gold -- Good Ejuice
Hump Back -- Quicknic
Dark Horse -- Heather's Heavenly Vapes

Slightly/hint of sweet: Organic #1, ANALOG, Wrangler LIGHT -- Goodejuice
Torque56 -- HALO
High Octane -- Good Ejuice
Godz'nilla -- QuickNic
Coventry -- NET.com
Serendipity, Legend, Huntsman -- HHV

Sweet/Dessert/RY4 tobaccos: Heavenly Army, Shadow, Oompa -- HHV
Southern Classic, Midnight Apple, VOODOO -- HALO
Vita Bella, GJ4, Apple Cured -- Good Ejuice
H1N1 -- Nicoticket

And others that I failed to mention... most likely.

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
Every Day: Tribeca and Torque 56 - Halo.
Sunset Cavendish - Hurricane Vapor.

I have 60ml of Boba's Bounty that I enjoy on occasion but not regularly.

I found all the tobaccos from Backwoods Brew disappointing.

I have tried numerous. NETs and haven't re-ordered any of them. Ahlusion was the worst of any of them. N.E.T.com has several pipe blends that are nicely done but lacking on delivery for me.

Dark Horse and Huntsman from HHV are on the way and I'm hoping I will like them. Her other tobaccos all basically tasted the same to me though they seem to be the best NETs I've had so far.

Last edited:

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Every Day: Tribeca and Torque 56 - Halo.
Sunset Cavendish - Hurricane Vapor.

I have 60ml of Boba's Bounty that I enjoy on occasion but not regularly.

I found all the tobaccos from Backwoods Brew disappointing.

I have tried numerous. NETs and haven't re-ordered any of them. Ahlusion was the worst of any of them. N.E.T.com has several pipe blends that are nicely done but lacking on delivery for me.

Dark Horse and Huntsman from HHV are on the way and I'm hoping I will like them. Her other tobaccos all basically tasted the same to me though they seem to be the best NETs I've had so far.

You might like those two :) Dark Horse is similar to Torque56 in the slightly sweet, grassy analog type of way; Huntsman adds color, and a touch of honey and maple. You might not be able to tell much difference at first, since they start with the same base, but give Huntsman a month and it'll get more complex and intriguing.

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
You might like those two :) Dark Horse is similar to Torque56 in the slightly sweet, grassy analog type of way; Huntsman adds color, and a touch of honey and maple. You might not be able to tell much difference at first, since they start with the same base, but give Huntsman a month and it'll get more complex and intriguing.

I'm leaving town tomorrow for three days and my HHV order should be here before I go. From what I've read I figure I'll let a huntsman breathe while I'm away and steep for a couple weeks after. Dark Horse will hit the road with me, ready or not. :)

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I'm leaving town tomorrow for three days and my HHV order should be here before I go. From what I've read I figure I'll let a huntsman breathe while I'm away and steep for a couple weeks after. Dark Horse will hit the road with me, ready or not. :)

Dark Horse doesn't change much over time. Just use the "caps/dripper off overnight" rule to allow the mixing alcohol to evaporate, and you're good to go... with Dark Horse. Huntsman is fantastic when the color darkens becomes more of an orange.

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
Dark Horse doesn't change much over time. Just use the "caps/dripper off overnight" rule to allow the mixing alcohol to evaporate, and you're good to go... with Dark Horse. Huntsman is fantastic when the color darkens becomes more of an orange.

Unfortunately it did not arrive before I left so they are getting initial three days aging in my snow covered mailbox. Ugh..

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
Well.. I have returned and let my Dark Horse and Huntsman rest overnight with caps off. Of course I had to give them a try so I loaded a couple EVods for a taste.
Huntsman: Fresh 15ml bottle 70/30 12mg. Almost identical in flavor to Gold by NET.com with a slightly richer and complex flavor. Nice but I was very surprised to find it so weak after trying Dragons Fire, Heavenly Tobacco, Pirates Booty, and Legend, all which had quite strong flavor profiles. I should note that those were sample sizes so maybe they could be considered pre-steeped.

Dark Horse: same spec. Nearly tasteless. Lighter in color than Huntsman. Nearly completely clear. What the heck! Maybe a slight taste of wet leather but that's it. Not much more to say here. I'm speechless.. That said, I may have vaper's tongue but other juices seem fine to me. Obviously I haven't steeped them so that's the plan now for a couple weeks. I sure hope some magic happens here. Really surprised initially though. :-(

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
Well.. I have returned and let my Dark Horse and Huntsman rest overnight with caps off. Of course I had to give them a try so I loaded a couple EVods for a taste.
Huntsman: Fresh 15ml bottle 70/30 12mg. Almost identical in flavor to Gold by NET.com with a slightly richer and complex flavor. Nice but I was very surprised to find it so weak after trying Dragons Fire, Heavenly Tobacco, Pirates Booty, and Legend, all which had quite strong flavor profiles. I should note that those were sample sizes so maybe they could be considered pre-steeped.

Dark Horse: same spec. Nearly tasteless. Lighter in color than Huntsman. Nearly completely clear. What the heck! Maybe a slight taste of wet leather but that's it. Not much more to say here. I'm speechless.. That said, I may have vaper's tongue but other juices seem fine to me. Obviously I haven't steeped them so that's the plan now for a couple weeks. I sure hope some magic happens here. Really surprised initially though. :-(

if I went off things tasted like out of the mail box

I would never have reordered any of my fav's

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
Point taken. Still, I have vaped some juices that were fantastic straight from the mail and just got better from there. Some don't really change at all. I'll always try them fresh just to see but I'm certainly not passing judgement on these based on that, other than the fact that I was surprised at the initial blandness. Away they go to the steeping cabinet and I'll visit them again in a couple weeks.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il

Give them a few weeks, Huntsman is best after months. Dark Horse starts light, gets a tad darker, but after a few weeks won't change much afterwards. Huntsman, however, continues to grow like a forest. After the first month or 2, Huntsman will be stronger in flavor than Legend :) Wait for the color change, and you should be happy :)

I'm glad that you're liking some of the HHV. They still have some of my favorite NETs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread