Your first device that started it all

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by MSTR VPNG, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MSTR VPNG

MSTR VPNG Host, Ohm Reader Podcast Verified Member

Supporting member
    IMG_1473.jpg

Here is my Vision Spinner, that started it all some time ago. I remember buying this and getting a free bottle of It Is Vapor's Tropical Ice (Which I can't vape anymore, even the smell bothers me a bit)... I just found it, and I must say I did love this thing. I've dropped it some 50 times, once down a few flights of stairs. It rattles when you shake it, but it fires like a champ still.

I think I'm going to strap on an iClear 16 and vape on it this evening. Rock it old school.

2. EvilZoe

EvilZoe Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Here's my first.

[​IMG]

3. WorksForMe

WorksForMe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    :lol: It's funny to see an iClear 16 and Spinner referred to as old school.

4. Kenneh

Kenneh Full Member

I was one of those who started on a Blu a few years ago. Went on and off for a while but I've been going strong with my Vapor Zeus.

5. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    My first device was an NJoy NPro, which was an RN4081 model.
    It was enough to make me realize that I could eventually be where I am today.
    :)

6. WorksForMe

WorksForMe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I started with Mistic ecigs from Wally world. I'd have been perfectly happy with them if it hadn't been for ECF. :D

J.R.

7. danca90

danca90 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Does the blu disposable that got disposed after a few puffs count? Or should it be my ego c that finally made me quit? We need more rules.

8. MSTR VPNG

MSTR VPNG Host, Ohm Reader Podcast Verified Member

Supporting member
    Amongst my trove of mechs and mods, it's fairly antiquated. Granted, you're spot on about it not being that old. I still chuckle at the though if this being so cool to me when first started.

9. IMZed

IMZed Senior Member ECF Veteran

After 3-4 years of him trying to get me to quit smoking by vaping, back in April I went to a very good friend and told him I was interested in vaping. He turned me on to a (free) 650 mah eGo-C with a CE4 starter kit, about 30 ml of juice, a very helpful link, and a cautionary warning to get backups, and backups for the backups. While I've branched out a little in the hardware line, I'm still ego-based, and probably will stay that way, considering all of the money I've already spent, and the fact that I have enough backups, etc., to last me at least another year, even if the FDA comes down on us! I also got into DIY-ing in a big way, and I have enough juice to last me probably into 2015 or so. I'm still happy with the setup I started out with, and I don't see any reason to change. I do not covet my neighbor's PV!:laugh:

10. Scootaloo

Scootaloo Senior Member ECF Veteran

I suppose my starts were all with Cig-a-likes:

Technically my first were disposable 10 motives: but I’ll vote for Skycig as being my first as it was a proper starter kit which could be recharged and replaceable cartomizers

[​IMG]

It was pretty good for a cig a like. Although having said that, it was expensive and wating round for the mail man to come was annoying

11. Hawki

Hawki Full Member Verified Member

I started with a blu disposable tasted good and helped the cravings but $10 for less than a day no way.

12. Zealous

Zealous Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

My first was a Blu kit & Volcano Inferno kit (I got both at the same time). The inferno was nice cuz it introduced me to dripping. Every part of both kits has long since broke though. but I guess what got me loving vaping was using the inferno battery for dripping. That was my fav & dripping still is one of my favs.

Edit: well I guess I should say that my first first was a blu disposable. But I only used it until the kits came.

13. Thunderball

Thunderball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Joytech ego and 510 dripping atomizer

14. peterforpats

peterforpats Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    my first device was a lucky strike 46 years ago- eveything after has been a refinement on the delivery system.......

15. HDVaper

HDVaper Ultra Super Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    2 Joyetech 650 batteries and CE4 clearomizers.

16. VanessaHuxtable

VanessaHuxtable Full Member

I started with an NJOY King disposable.
    Then got my first rechargable... V2 Cigs stick battery with V2 cartomizers.
    Then I moved on up to the Halo Mini Tanks with the V2 stick batteries.

I just started vaping a little over 3 months ago. I am now vaping on an iTaste MVP 2 with a Protank II. Soooo much better.

17. degnr8

degnr8 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

The Janty stick. Used 10450s (AAA size) 2050d1242137927-janty-stick-janty-usa-dsc_0016.jpg

couldn't get it to take a bigger pic, but click on it and you'll get a better look

18. Rocketpunk

Rocketpunk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Ah, I love to reminisce about my first rig.

1000 mAh Joyetech passthrough. It still holds a special place in my heart. I think I want to buy one, even though I probably won't ever use it (I have waaaay too many mods and eGo batteries). I just want it for posterity.

19. Rocketpunk

Rocketpunk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

One day at work I'm gonna rock nothing but Volts. For reals.

20. kasunart

kasunart Full Member Verified Member

I started last year with a....dare I say it....a Provari mini. After doing some research I realized I was going all out to begin with, since I've tried everything else under the sun to quit smoking. Right before that, I vicariously watched my buddy use some sort of a disposable cigalike that he said worked great during visits with his parents who didn't know he smoked cigs. Once I got the Provari and some cargo-tanks going, that was it for the smokes. It'll be year in a month!

Also...have I saved money? Um not this year, I'm about 2 grand over my smoking budget for the year. But I have many backups for my backups, a very nice collection to come home to every day...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.