• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Zamplebox made it to the UK! Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
Nice! I can't remember the exact figures, but both boxes have been £80-£90 of juice for me. I've still got quite a lot from last month left even after passing a couple of bottles on. I can see me stocking up for some quality variety and giving myself the odd month off if I can bare it :D

Your description of the Heist is spot on, I even got my non vaping other half to try it out of the need to know! I'm picking up more pineapple in there today, but certainly the squishy apple sweets too. I get what you mean about the thickness, while it's not the thickest I've had, it's very gloopy like pure maple syrup. I'm glad the Blueprint worked out for you. I suppose it's like my Heist compared to the sweet tooth this month. Last one lacked a lot of flavour, but this one has so much it makes my nose tingle to smell it!

I think I've only got the mixed berry to try now. It smells divine, like a super concentrated Ribena with a good splash of red berries.

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
Nice! I can't remember the exact figures, but both boxes have been £80-£90 of juice for me. I've still got quite a lot from last month left even after passing a couple of bottles on. I can see me stocking up for some quality variety and giving myself the odd month off if I can bare it :D

Your description of the Heist is spot on, I even got my non vaping other half to try it out of the need to know! I'm picking up more pineapple in there today, but certainly the squishy apple sweets too. I get what you mean about the thickness, while it's not the thickest I've had, it's very gloopy like pure maple syrup. I'm glad the Blueprint worked out for you. I suppose it's like my Heist compared to the sweet tooth this month. Last one lacked a lot of flavour, but this one has so much it makes my nose tingle to smell it!

I think I've only got the mixed berry to try now. It smells divine, like a super concentrated Ribena with a good splash of red berries.

I've only smelled the Blueprint A-Train so far, not vaped any yet, but i think that's going to be next on my list in a carto tank so will let you know what it's like - just hoping it's not as tasteless as the ones you have tried.

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
I tried the 503 mixed berry over the weekend. Feels a little unfair to review it, because i've got it in my aspire nautilus and it's just not wicking properly. I had fizzy trifle in it and it wasnt wicking, kept getting a bit of a burnt taste so i took the head out, washed the tank out thoroughly then stuck a new head in and tried the 503 - left it overnight with the juice in so the wicks would get a decent soak and seemed ok at first but then edging towards a burnt flavour again.

From what i could tell, the mixed berry is nice, tastes fresh and unlike the liqua berry mix it doesnt taste artificial, or of artificial sweeteners. I get a hint of raspberry and hint of strawberry in there - seems to be more on the side of the red berries than the darker ones. I'll certainly be able to vape it all, but it's not something i would look to buy again.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
That's a shame about the burnt taste. That's precisely why I use RDA's 98% of the time at home and a Kayfun the other 2%. I went through a few brands of juice that looking back on it just couldn't wick properly with a tank setup using heads or carts (I know rebuilding your own would improve things drastically, just not for me). With practice, leaks in my RDA are few and far between and I get no dry hits at all.

Just to make sure I wasn't inventing this mindset, I loaded up my Aerotank with the mixed berry, and also my Atomic. It's a world apart for me! In the Aerotank it's just ok but a bit wispy, but in the Atomic it makes my mouth water like I'm chewing Starburst or Skittles with a thick mouthful. I also pick up blueberries very well when dripping, but next to none in the tank. Could be I'm just used to one thing over the other, but I would say half of my Zamplebox juices are on the thicker side, so not something I would use on precoiled heads personally.

Interestingly I tried the Calypso from last months box in my Aerotank too. When dripping it's about the strongest kick to my taste buds I've had, but the tank is a much more subtle affair. Think I might actually prefer it in the tank!

It takes a lot for me to want a second bottle of the same juice, but it has happened to me a couple of times already with the Zampleboxes. For me personally I'm using it as 98% of my daily supplies and just enjoying the variety and the chance to maybe try something I wouldn't have before (á lá fig and peach :D)

Last edited:

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
I've suprised myself by liking the black pearl best - it's such a nice subtle taste and the 10ml has nearly all gone now. I'll be keeping a note though, and if i get 1 or 2 more nice juices from puff-u then I'll order some direct. It's not worth me ordering just the one bottle though.

I agree with the difference between clearos and other toppers, protanks, etc really mute the flavours a lot - the nautilus did seem much better at the start, but this problem with wicking cant be overlooked. Saying that, it (and the protanks) are fine for thinner higher PG juices and i always use my protanks for menthols. I'm a big carto-tank fan though, for me they are even on a par with my KFL and Sofia.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
Yes, I have to admit the flavour I get from my IBTanked can be very good indeed. I do find that if I've left it for a few days though that it seems to get gummed up inside the carto and restrict the airflow. It's still my favourite way to travel with my vape and looks stunning on my polished Mini Provari.

The Black Pearl does sound very nice!

111s

Mar 23, 2014
UK
Well... I gave in, and did the flavour profile eradicating tobacco flavours.

Thank goodness! I am solo happy with this months box, I am totally made up!

The Heist is phenomenal. Absolutely top drawer!

I've only tried four so far, and oh my word, I'm loving them all!

hugavy5e.jpg

10ml Love Potion No 9 $6.50
Love Potion No.9 fuses sweet, juicy peach with subtle hints of fig and blueberry for a smooth, luscious taste

10ml SmokeNMist Blueberry Danish $4.99
This flavor is like vaping a hot blueberry muffin with a dash of cinnamon thrown in just to keep you on your toes.

10ml Niquid Strawberry $8.19
NicQuid strawberry is pure and realistic while remaining light and sweet.

10ml Niquid Bahama Blizzard $8.19
NicQuid Bahama Blizzard will rival any frozen tropical cocktail. Better than sitting on a beach with a breeze in your hair. It is a perfect paring of orange, cranberry and peach which is blended and frozen with cool sweet menthol.

5ml Hurricane Vapor Mango Milkshake $3.33
A spin on our incredibly popular "Papaya Milkshake"; we have taken our deliciously blended vanilla bean milkshake mix and combined it with what we feel is an scrumptious and authentic Mango flavor instead. Mango Milkshake is a creamy blend of Juicy Mangos, vanilla bean ice cream, milk, and just a dash of cinnamon to add that delightful hint of contrasting flavors, as with our previous winning flavor. But make no assumptions, the marrying of this creamy blend with mango delivers a very different experience, as the mango and cream flavors compliment each other in different ways. The combination of Mango to many blended treats is very much inspired by our own Puerto Rican roots.

15ml Lick Luscious $12
thick & creamy with a hint of wild blueberry

15ml 503 Cool Runnings $12.50
A Coconut heavy piña colada flavor with a hint of menthol to breeze it up.

15ml 503 Mixed Berry $12.50
A bouquet of berry flavors. No basket or picking required.

15ml Alpha Vape Heist $12.00
A delicious candy apple blend! Strawberry/Apple/Mango

30ml Blueprint A-Train $22.00
Going towards a tropical approach, A-Train is a Pineapple Mango flavor like none other. One Vape and you are sure to be in love with its unique blend and balanced flavor profile

So then, total 135ml, representing $102.20/£60.91 in retail value. Can't complain!

111s

Mar 23, 2014
UK
Cool Runnings I haven't given a fair go yet as I had put it in a tank that had previously had the worlds worst peanut butter flavour (not from ZB) and hadn't swapped the atty out at that time cus it had only been in five minutes and I thought that rinsing it would be ok : it wasn't.

In the mean time though...

503 Mixed berry - very vapeable. Lots of vapour, but flavour isn't blowing my mind. I'll definitely be using it though, but it's not one of my absolute favourites.

Alpha Vape Heist - oh how much do I love this?! It's got something in there I can't define - aromatic, and gorgeous.

Niquid Strawberry - I'm surprised I'm not loving this, but it's rather like acetone to me and I'm not getting any strawberry at all.

SmokeNMist Blueberry Danish - Really very tasty indeed. Unlike the others which are really fruity, this is a nice balance of bakery/cinnamon/clove. I wouldn't have wanted a box full of bakery flavours, but this is so darned good it's a great counter to the zingy fresh fruity flavours. Love it.

Banzai Star Spangled Bananner - now let me just say this. Banana's are the work of the devil. They're even shaped like devils horns. However, I'm game, and did fill a tank for my partner and had a couple of goes and it's one I'll definitely try again. The last banana flavour I got was a SmokeNMist one, which was pure banana foam sweeties - ugh! My brother absolutely loved it though, so it's all good. This one though is quite, quite different and one I'll probably have another go of another day.

Love Potion no 9 - Once upon a time, when I was 18, a bar I used to go to we're doing a special offer on peach schnapps. The bar was busy, and going up all the time was a pain, so I had the barman put 10 shots into a pint glass and top up with juice. Needless to say, the taste lingered, and even so very many years later I avoid peach flavours like the plague (the fresh fruit is great though). I tried a fuzzy peach vape about a month ago, and in that one single inhale it took me right back to being 18 again - and it wasn't good! This though is definite peach, but it's light & refreshing rather than sickly and cloying, and mixed with the fig produces a great vape.

Still got a few to try out, but I'm still totally made up about the content of this box.

I'm still smoking a couple of cigarettes a day when I fancy, but it's not even crossed my mind since this Vapemail arrived. I mean, when faced with such a fantastic bunch of flavours, why would I opt for the other thing?

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
Ugh, I've had a couple of terrible peanut butter ones in search of the perfect one. They always seem to taste like peanut skins that have been swept up off the floor :(

Yes the Heist is a bit of an enigma! There's a definite old fashioned foamy type sweet in there. I'm surprised you don't get much from the strawberry Nicquid. I'm on it today and all I get is sweet strawberry juice! Blueberry Danish sounds pretty amazing :p

I'm going to give the curation engine another go just to be sure as soon as it's May 1st, and then the countdown begins again :D

Oh, and how are the Evod's working out for you? I've just bought a kit to replace my long serving Ego-T for work. Looks more durable and I do prefer a bottom coil to a top, plus the single coils should be nice and easy to rebuild with cotton.

Last edited:

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
I was in the office today and i always pop out for lunch because there is a great takeaway just around the corner. Anyway, one of the guys that works there vapes, and i was telling him about zamplebox and he said if i bring him in some of the flavours he will buy them off me for £3 per 10ml! ermmmmmm.......... I might have to take my liqua vanilla and left over joose juice bottles for him ;)

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
So many interesting sounding juices, I've given in to temptation and ordered a 5 bottle box.

Looking forward to it getting here

I will predict you will get more than you expected and be delighted :D

I was in the office today and i always pop out for lunch because there is a great takeaway just around the corner. Anyway, one of the guys that works there vapes, and i was telling him about zamplebox and he said if i bring him in some of the flavours he will buy them off me for £3 per 10ml! ermmmmmm.......... I might have to take my liqua vanilla and left over joose juice bottles for him ;)

Haha! I probably have a good 6-7 bottles that I would love to get £3 each for! My Joose Juice is right at the bottom of that list after some I have that I'm sure have no flavourings whatsoever added (other than fusty heat!).

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
I think i may call time on my ordering from FT now. Whilst the Liqua is good value, there are too many other liquids i prefer now and in terms of the spare heads & pre-made coils i have bought from there, the quality has been pretty poor. The only things i may still pick up from time to time are the clone attys - i cant really fault the trident i got, no problems at all with it and always works well.

In other news i have been debating whether to order some juices from puff-u in america. I am absolutely loving the black pearl (rum and coconut) that came in my first zamplebox, but its nearly all gone now :( There was a 50% off coupon though, which ends next week. Using this, 30ml would be about £5 and i'd get a couple of bottles of black pearl, then try a couple of other flavours, the frosted blueberry donut and the purple grape lollipop sound nice, as do the hot sticky buns! I'll have a think about it, although it puts me off a bit that they dont have paypal as an option - I'm not keen on giving card details if i can help it.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
I'm certainly going to have to look into puff-u! While I like the convenience of Paypal, they have shafted me only a couple of times over 10 years, but still. I feel safer using a credit card where if things go south, it's sorted in the time it takes to make a phone call. I would rather not use my debit card on anything other than a site I completely trust.

I've just rediscovered my Thunderhead Vapor Monkey Fist, sat right at the back of my shelf. Makes a nice change from the fruits I've been having for the past couple of weeks! I'm already looking forward to the next box :D

111s

Mar 23, 2014
UK
Ugh, I've had a couple of terrible peanut butter ones in search of the perfect one. They always seem to taste like peanut skins that have been swept up off the floor :(

Yes the Heist is a bit of an enigma! There's a definite old fashioned foamy type sweet in there. I'm surprised you don't get much from the strawberry Nicquid. I'm on it today and all I get is sweet strawberry juice! Blueberry Danish sounds pretty amazing :p

I'm going to give the curation engine another go just to be sure as soon as it's May 1st, and then the countdown begins again :D

Oh, and how are the Evod's working out for you? I've just bought a kit to replace my long serving Ego-T for work. Looks more durable and I do prefer a bottom coil to a top, plus the single coils should be nice and easy to rebuild with cotton.

Yep, you're exactly right - that Peanut Butter tasted just like peanut skins - really bitter <shiver> Have you found the perfect one?

I'll give the strawberry another go, but I just wasn't getting any fruit off it at all - odd.

I have to say I love the evods - regular BCC, mini protank 2 and 3. I am looking for convenience though, so rebuildable anything, or anything that's too much faff and I lose interest.

The mini pro tanks have enough juice to keep me going but not so much I get bored of what's in it & want to change, and even the cheapo plastic evods are great in that they've not leaked at all, and are really straightforward to use along with offering a range of ohms (Protank, evod & unitank take the same attys in choice of 1.5, 1.8, 2.2 and 2.5 ohms and the Aerotank, Protank 3, mini protank 3, evod 2 and T3'd all take the same attys as each other in choice of 1.5, 1.8 & 2.0 ohm). All my tanks and attys since the first one have been bought from Health Cabin and they're dirt cheap and here in 4 days. I think my glass protank mini was just £3.78 and feels great quality - HC supply genuine Kanger kit.

I share my box with my part time vaper partner (with my mum/ brother/ friends normally happy to be passed on any we don't want, so the Gold suits me well, but I may be tempted to keep Gold and just order every other month (to save on the postage primarily) rather than dropping down to regular if as time goes on if we don't get through it. Having said that, if I could go two Months without a zample I think it's be a miracle! It's like having a little surprise prezzie every month!

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
I've still yet to find the perfect peanut butter :( I wouldn't have thought it would be so difficult since I've had creamy juices before, and also ones with peanut flavours that do taste very authentic.

I suppose you with the strawberry is like me with the C.R.E.A.M. A lot of people are raving about it but I get absolutely zilch on the flavour front.

Glad you like the Evod. I'm planning on rebuilding the heads when I get a day to play around, but I went for it because the Ego-T suited me perfectly as a work vape. I'm just falling out with top coils though, and the tanks didn't stand up to the odd knock well. They all went the same way. A drop or two and it would sit crooked, then eventually I would notice vapour building up inside the tank and the juice getting progressively darker (probably the air getting to it) before tasting very nasty and burnt. It probably didn't help using the odd cheap clone tank.

I know what you mean about the surprise every month! I didn't plan on keeping it going every month but it's too exciting :D

111s

Mar 23, 2014
UK
I've emailed the guys at hello@zamplebox.com to see if they're adding the Banzai range to their store, since Banzai don't do international shipping direct, but I was wondering if anyone has a bottle of Bite Me knocking around that they don't love, I'd be pretty much be prepared to swap it for almost anything else I've received from them!

It's worth a try!

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
All my black pearl is gone now.. .sad times :(

I got stuck into the 503 cool runnings and the blueprint A-Train though hoping these would fill a gap.

Cool runnings is a bit of a disappointment. From the description, i was expecting a nice pina colada with a bit of menthol, which to be fair is accurate, but the menthol pretty much dominates it and as far as menthols go pina colada isnt the best thing to mix with them. It's an OK juice, and i will polish off the 15ml bottle, but i wouldnt want any more of it.

Blueprint A-Train is very much pineapple dominated, which isnt a bad thing if you like pineapple! I do quite like pineapple, but its not a favourite. The juice itself is nice enough, slight hint of mango in there, fairly thick juice. It's pretty inoffensive and i would think it's about as good as things get with a pineapple juice. Not a patch on the black pearl though!

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
That is a very sad moment when the last drops are gone from your favourite juice, and you cast your eye over the rest of them. It's like you've been happily nibbling the skin from a KFC bucket, and now all you have left is the chicken. It's still ok but it's not the same anymore now the best stuff has gone.

It's rare I've found anything with menthol where other flavours get the chance to shine. I'll hopefully be doing the curation engine survey again properly in the morning for my next box, and seriously considering leaving out the menthol. I just hope menthol and mint aren't tarred with the same brush, as I don't mind mint nearly as much. The Calypso I had in my last box was very pineapple like, and was one of those that grew on me every time I tried it.

I caught a whiff of the Blueprint C.R.E.A.M earlier and hoped it had suddenly transformed into the amazing vape that everyone says it is, but still nothing :( It's irritating because even though it is developing quite a potent smell, it still has zero taste! It must be a bad batch for so many people to give it a gold medal and it be this lacking in anything for me. I've only used it so far to flush other flavours out of my RDA before switching when I can't be bothered to change the cotton.

Still, my new box will be here next week! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread