• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Zamplebox made it to the UK! Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

111s

Mar 23, 2014
UK
Have you seen that they're mixing things up again?

They've announced on Facebook that they've got another 4 brands coming this month, and that they're changing their personalisation :

"Instead of opt-in (here are things I like) it will be opt-out (here are things I don't like)."

I hope that this means that I can bin the banana vapes but keep the rest of the fruits!

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
Well, I just cancelled my subscription and resigned up but saying no to tobacco, menthol and fruit. Let's see what turns up. Should be interesting!

I'm tempted to wait for your box to arrive, we're looking for mainly desserts too.
Last time I said I liked menthol and didn't like tobacco; got one of each, the rest were fruit. Now while I don't mind fruit, I wouldn't want to vape it all the time.
I have a feeling if I said no to all apart from fruit and desserts it would be mainly fruit, it's a shame you can't rely on it being an even percentage of ones you like.
That said, I'd still recommend the place be tried, at least once.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
Absolutely. Even if the next box is disappointing I will still use it occasionally just to build up some stock of quality stuff. I've only really had 3 bottles that I don't really like, but not because they taste horrible, there's just no flavour there. To be honest I've had a lot more bottles from other vendors that have been no taste to terrible!

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
Well, I just cancelled my subscription and resigned up but saying no to tobacco, menthol and fruit. Let's see what turns up. Should be interesting!

I just had a look at the options as if i was signing up for a new subscription and they are far more limited than they were when i joined. As far as flavour choices were concerned you could tick one of these options:

I dont want tobacco
I dont want menthol
I dont want menthol or tobacco
Send me everything

And that was it, so no choices on candy & dessert flavours like before and no option to say which is your favourite. It does say there will be more curation options added, but i dont think there is any chance of getting even 50% of your box as desserts. I've just been looking at a few of the eliquid vendors they use and not many of them have much of a choice dessert-wise, although they clearly havent listed all their suppliers on the website as peoples vape were not on there (unless they are part of seduce juice?)

I noticed that 3 of the suppliers (Jackson Vapor, The Standard Vape & Blueprint) are all part of the same company - SaveurVape | Hand-Crafted Liquids

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
I just had a look at the options as if i was signing up for a new subscription and they are far more limited than they were when i joined. As far as flavour choices were concerned you could tick one of these options:

I dont want tobacco
I dont want menthol
I dont want menthol or tobacco
Send me everything

And that was it, so no choices on candy & dessert flavours like before and no option to say which is your favourite. It does say there will be more curation options added, but i dont think there is any chance of getting even 50% of your box as desserts. I've just been looking at a few of the eliquid vendors they use and not many of them have much of a choice dessert-wise, although they clearly havent listed all their suppliers on the website as peoples vape were not on there (unless they are part of seduce juice?)

I noticed that 3 of the suppliers (Jackson Vapor, The Standard Vape & Blueprint) are all part of the same company - SaveurVape | Hand-Crafted Liquids

The candy and dessert preference is saved to your profile if I remember correctly. When I cancelled and resigned up, it did ask me about what flavour if I was stuck on an island and that preference was already selected from last time. I certainly don't think I'll be getting a box full of desserts, but as long as there's an emphasis on them I'll still be looking forward to this box. If I get a load of bottles that don't really do it for me, I'll take a break from it and keep an eye on what they're doing in the future.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
Well, I got my box. I'm not surprised to see fruit in here, but I am surprised at the varieties I got. Let's have a look!

Victory Liquid: Sunburst
Great, Refreshing Flavor Just Like The Sun In The Morning! Made In The USA With The Finest Ingredients and Flavoring. Peaches and cream on the inhale, tangerine on the exhale.

Omega Vape: Santeria
Cranberries and Cream! A sweet cranberry mixed with various creams and french vanilla.

Omega Vape: Breeze
Breeze is a refreshingly, heavenly twist that combines aromatic cantaloupe and succulent peaches. This juice is fresh and somewhat candied to where you can go in day in and day out without getting stale. If you are looking for a uniquely fresh juice, Breeze is for you!

Rocket Fuel Vapes: Strawberry Fields
NEW! Strawberry Fields features delicious, ripe strawberries and rich country cream with just a touch of buttery crumble for a complex and satisfying strawberry vape.

Liquid Nebula: Hubble Bubble
A delicious blend of berries with vanilla undertones. A classic bubble gum flavor! As always, our organic e-liquids are food grade, kosher and non-GMO. They are handrafted, to recipes we have created, tried and tested ourselves. This way, we know that we are delivering great quality in each and every bottle.

Seduce Juice: Snake Oil
Our best seller! Our signature cream base with emphasis on pear, and a hint of coconut.

I've only tried the Victory Sunburst so far and I have to say it's one of those flavours that's bang on. I get definite peaches and cream on the inhale with the tangerine coming in after a slight delay on the exhale. You literally think 'Wow, it's really peaches and cream! No, wait! It's really tangerine!' It's got the wicked throat hit I love, just stopping before it gets too much. I find that I can tailor the throat hit much better than other juices by playing with the voltage whilst retaining flavour.

The others smell just like they should, with one rather disturbing exception.. The Seduce Juice Snake Oil seems very popular, so I'm only going on the smell of it, but it's almost enough to totally put me off trying it! Imagine that you've been to the gym and you throw your bag in a corner. As we all do, you put off going for a few weeks. When you get the urge again you open your bag and find someone else's old sweaty sock! It literally smells like a very sharp sweaty smell.

Other than that, although I got the inevitable fruit, I'm pretty happy that they've at least gone the route of dessert fruits with cream and crumbles!

Last edited:

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
It's going to take something special to stop me from cancelling this month. I know some of these juices are kind of dessert, but when stating dessert as your number one flavour i expect more of an effort to include some proper desserts in my boxes. Having received 0 desserts out of 12 bottles in my first 2 boxes then they need to pull something out of the bag this month to keep my custom. It been nice to find the cosmonaut and puff-u rum and coconut as i wouldnt have bought these normally, but thats just 2 bottles and doesnt make up for the likes of the blueprint park avenue and 503 mango or mixed berry, which IMO at least are poor.

I was really excited about zamplebox at first, but i've just got more and more disappointed with them. Having said that, if you like fruit-based juices then zamplebox would be fantastic for you and i totally understand it's popularity.

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
It's going to take something special to stop me from cancelling this month. I know some of these juices are kind of dessert, but when stating dessert as your number one flavour i expect more of an effort to include some proper desserts in my boxes. Having received 0 desserts out of 12 bottles in my first 2 boxes then they need to pull something out of the bag this month to keep my custom. It been nice to find the cosmonaut and puff-u rum and coconut as i wouldnt have bought these normally, but thats just 2 bottles and doesnt make up for the likes of the blueprint park avenue and 503 mango or mixed berry, which IMO at least are poor.

I was really excited about zamplebox at first, but i've just got more and more disappointed with them. Having said that, if you like fruit-based juices then zamplebox would be fantastic for you and i totally understand it's popularity.
Yeah, bang on, totally agree.
If you like fruit then the majority of people will love it. If you're into desserts then I'd say the selection just isn't there are the minute. Tobacco lovers would have to try it alone, don't do tobacco so couldn't comment.
I'd say it's definitely worth grabbing one box, I don't regret the Gold box I went for at all. That said, I'm going to stay cancelled for this month as we have enough juice to keep us going, still have some left and also 200ml of GVC to get through, lol.
What we are going to do is order from Hurricane Vapors, the 5ml we got from zamplebox swung that so something good has come from it.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
I keep thinking about leaving it for a while, but there's not many juices I've had where I don't enjoy them. Maybe I've been turned to a fruit lover! I've been mixing it up by alternating with some dessert flavours and I find myself coming back to the Zamplebox bottles much more regularly.

Just started on the strawberry fields and I must say, it's a keeper. To me it's like 80% buttery shortbread with veins of strawberry running through. Very surprised how nice this is!

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
Victory Liquid: Sunburst
Great, Refreshing Flavor Just Like The Sun In The Morning! Made In The USA With The Finest Ingredients and Flavoring. Peaches and cream on the inhale, tangerine on the exhale.

Omega Vape: Santeria
Cranberries and Cream! A sweet cranberry mixed with various creams and french vanilla.

Seduce Juice: Snake Oil
Our best seller! Our signature cream base with emphasis on pear, and a hint of coconut.

I just got mine this morning and i have quoted some of the juices that lucky described as i also got these 3. I havent tried any of them so far but all smell nice (even the snake oil, which just smells of pear to me!)

So, the other 3 juices i got are:

Evapor hut: Vanilla ice 10ml (not much point describing this one!)

503: Purple Rain 15ml (lavender & plum) I am looking for interesting new flavours and it smells really strongly of lavender, so whether i like this or not at least its something different)

Peoples Vape: Kremlin 30ml (after getting cosmonaut in last month's box i was hoping to get some more from peoples vape and am very pleased i got this one, at last a proper dessert juice!!) - Those with privilege can seek inside Kremlin. Pistachio ice cream with cinnamon swirl, whipped cream, and rich cookie crumbles. Crisp, subtly sweet treat when conquering warm lands.

Totals 95ml so again, for volume of juice its very good, and this month at least, of the 6 juices 3 have creamy bases, 1 has vanilla and 1 is a true dessert flavour, plus the other one is interesting at least.

The trouble now is, that its only a couple of weeks until the payment for my next box, and i wont have given all the juices a try. I am feeling inclined to get another box as this one does look like the best so far and i am actually looking forward to trying most of them. If the Kremlin is good then I might have to order some more peoples vape juices seperately too :)

Last edited:

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
20140617_131832.jpg

Snake Oil -- Seduce Juice 10ml $5.99

Santeria -- Omega Vape 15ml $12

Breeze -- Omega Vape 15ml $12
An amazing tropical blend of peaches and cantaloupe, with a special twist making it the perfect fruit vape.

Purple Rain -- 503 15ml $12.50
Featuring floral overtones and a subtle plum undertone, Purple Rain is certainly one of our most distinctive flavors.

Sunburst -- Victory Liquid 15ml $12
Peaches and cream on the inhale with a tangerine exhale. You have to taste it to believe it!

Kremlin -- People's Vape 30ml $19.99
Those with privilege can seek inside Kremlin. Pistachio ice cream with cinnamon swirl, whipped cream, and rich cookie crumbles. Crisp, subtly sweet treat when conquering warm lands.

Total Value: $74.48 = £43.81

I'm not sure of these sizes; the Kremlin doesn't look like it is twice the size of the others.

I've only got a dirty dripper here, and no replacement wicks, but even so I'm impressed by the first three. Breeze is the first melon I've tried and it's rather vapable.

I'd have to agree with you, Codz. This one looks better than the last.

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
Leaving it for this month, just ordered 150ml of Tropicali Milkshake from http://www.hurricanevapor.com/ I'm sure most of you got the 5ml sample of this in May's Zamplebox.
With that, the GVC and a bit left from May's Zamplebox there's no need for a June box.
Going by what's been posted here recently it's looking better for desserts so will definitely be ordering more boxes in the future. :)

Last edited:

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
Well, I missed out on the Tropicali, and I've missed out on the Kremlin! I saw the Kremlin announced on their Facebook page and got rather excited! Hope I get one soon.

Maybe I got a bad batch of Snake Oil, since I got 2 other people to smell it without me saying anything and they winced in disgust!

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
Well, I missed out on the Tropicali, and I've missed out on the Kremlin! I saw the Kremlin announced on their Facebook page and got rather excited! Hope I get one soon.

Maybe I got a bad batch of Snake Oil, since I got 2 other people to smell it without me saying anything and they winced in disgust!

I hope the snake oil vapes nicely for you, despite it's smell, be a shame for you to have got another bad liquid with the problems you have had with the blueprint aswell.

I've only tried the sunburst so far from this month's box - at really low wattage (approx 5) i could really taste the peaches & cream flavour strongly (i start at really low power on a fresh carto for the first few puffs). Up to a more normal wattage (8 - 10) and i really couldnt tell it apart from Suicide Bunny: Sucker Punch, which i really like - its described as dragonfruit mixed with cream. I get the tangerine and the cream (although its always more like syrup than cream in an eliquid IMO), but lose the peach flavour above 6W or so and vaping at that level just doesnt do it for me! Still, nice liquid and definitely not complaining :)

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
Well, gave the Snake Oil a go and it is pretty good! The nasty sweaty smell had almost gone and I can actually smell pears now. There's still two more to try after this one, and my next box is already on it's way! :ohmy: I'm getting behind :D

I've got 7 unopened bottles from zamplebox sat on my shelf and the next lot will be here soon too. Zamplebox seem to average 90 - 100ml and i probably only vape an extra 20 or 30ml on top of that each month. I need to either vape more or have a zamplebreak soon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread