Zenesis Informational/Help thread. Please Post questions and answers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tension113

Verified Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hackettstown NJ
i just wanted to say THANK YOU jason and mike for this new SW tank, that took care of the last little gripe i had that irked me about it, (didnt like putting chap stick on my sw) works absolutely perfect now.

I also wanted to post the right size o ring for the tanks are #15, and for the top cap #16, (thanks andy) if you use those sizes w/ the new tank it will not leak at all and you can still turn it very easily to line up the airhole. thanks again jason and mike and as pg would say...

"vape... hard, live long." :laugh:

I'm not sure what size o rings came with it originally.. and haven't ordered any from anyone yet, but what exactly is #15 and 16? I haven't seen them labeled that way from the sites I'm looking at so far..

Jason got me my updated top cap quickly, but I'm just noticing that this one is leaking as well.. I'd like to get the correct rings, but just want to make sure I get the right size..

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
I'm not sure what size o rings came with it originally.. and haven't ordered any from anyone yet, but what exactly is #15 and 16? I haven't seen them labeled that way from the sites I'm looking at so far..

Jason got me my updated top cap quickly, but I'm just noticing that this one is leaking as well.. I'd like to get the correct rings, but just want to make sure I get the right size..

You could try removing the o-rings you have on there now, wrap a few turns of sewing thread underneath, then replace the o-rings. It's pretty much the nature of the beast, they are a bit looser when they are brand new.

Also, to cut back on the amount of liquid in your top cap, let off the button a second or 2 before you finish your inhale. Any vapor that stays inside the top cap will condense to liquid.

Tension113

Verified Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hackettstown NJ
You could try removing the o-rings you have on there now, wrap a few turns of sewing thread underneath, then replace the o-rings. It's pretty much the nature of the beast, they are a bit looser when they are brand new.

Also, to cut back on the amount of liquid in your top cap, let off the button a second or 2 before you finish your inhale. Any vapor that stays inside the top cap will condense to liquid.

That seems so obvious and yet, I never thought to try something like that.. I'll try that with the thread.. Thanks for the tip.. :)

I do always let off the button early, but for some reason, my SW leaks anyway.. My ZAP and Cobalt have been fine however..

dearme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Colorado
I know this has been asked and answered but I couldn't find it on the FAQ. What size is the air hole in the top cap? Looks to be approximately 1 mm to me but my eyes are so bad, I worry about approximations, lol.

The air hole is 1/16"........I don't do millimeters, sorry, Read..........

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
i think that is for the brand Danco maybe? at lowes i think number 15 translates to their #35

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

I think this was in the 'other' Zen~ thread.

Jonny answered it already, it's a number 15 (or 35 from Lowe's for a plumbing o ring).

-14 O ring size for zens with regular glass and stainless tanks (1/2 ID X 5/8 OD)
-15 O ring size for use with the sidewinder (9/16 ID X 11/16 OD)
-16 O ring for top caps and the cobalt blue tanks (5/8 ID X 3/4 OD)

-Sidewinders purchased at VC and from the initial run at electronicstix had -14 o rings; all future versions should have -15.

Maybe we can add this to the info page...

Escapereality

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Bluegrass
I'm just curious---does anyone have a Sidewinder that doesn't enjoy it?

I'm considering trying for one as my next device...but all of the parts scare me. Seems like more room for error. I really like the form factor and portability of it. I wish I could just hold one and use it for 5 minutes to decide if it was right for me!

Paislia

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
NY, USA
Escape - I really enjoy my SW. I wish you could try it too. I'm not sure just which speck of Bluegrass you haunt, but are there any local vape meets? If you haven't already, look up your local vapers in the social groups section of ECF - you just might find a "Zenfidel" nearby. :) (there's always Long Island in March http://www.vapefest.com/, or Chicago in April VapeBash 2 April 12th and 13th 2013- LOTS of them there for sure! :thumbs:)

DaFish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2011
Wilmington, NC
here you go. from the social section's faq:

Q~ What are the o ring sizes for the Zenesis?

A~ For both the standard and mini Zenesis, the tank o rings are 5/8" OD 1/2" ID x 1/16" and the cap o ring is 3/4" OD 5/8" ID x 1/16"

Sweet, couldn't find a link to the faq. Maybe put a link in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread