muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
^ from Isaac

icXdXoM.jpg

^ the one i received. how i received it.

are you sure of that? please explain. i hate to get duped. though, i suspect isaac is on the up and up.

and yes, the preorder was for the v2. though the v2.5 was what we're supposed to have received due to isaac refusing a shipment of v2 attys that weren't right. which of course took longer. that might be why we received the BF installed.

Was just going by what I saw in the post in his forum... I only read the 1st post so maybe because they screwed up the 1st batch they replaced them w/ V2.5's... It was pics of V2's as well.... Here's the link I looked at... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...da-v2-pre_sale-ikv-extended.html#post12774679

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
there was a lot that went on in that thread. unless you knew where to look, or searched using the right key words, of course you weren't going to find what went on. it's more than understandable. to be expected, really....

even on ikv.com, the preorder still states it's for the v2's since it hasn't been updated for months since the preorder closed.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
there was a lot that went on in that thread. unless you knew where to look, or searched using the right key words, of course you weren't going to find what went on. it's more than understandable. to be expected, really....

even on ikv.com, the preorder still states it's for the v2's since it hasn't been updated for months since the preorder closed.

I have read this post several times and am curious as to what exactly your point here is? I could've read the whole thread, but as I stated before I just looked at the 1st post, (and the IKV site but didn't mention that), and merely posted it was a V2 that was offered... Did you take any or all of my posts in a negative manner. Wasn't really going for that!! I was merely pointing out that, in fact, the V2.5 doesn't show on anyones site that it comes as a BF atty... It is BF capable, as in the pin is interchangeable.

Maybe what you should've originally posted was that you received a V2.5 that had a BF pin installed on it because of a screw up with the original pre-order and not a blanket statement that "The v2.5 comes w/a bf pin installed and a pos post screw included for standard use", when in fact it really doesn't!!! You just happened to be in the right place at the right time...

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Thought it was obvious. I wouldn't expect anyone to read that entire thread.

Yep... MY 2.5 came w the bf option installed. My point still remains that I happen to have an extra bf conversion lying around. Moot point now though since I picked up a v2 clone on ebay and an extra lp grand last night.

Thanks for the advice.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Have a link to the 2.5? What are the difference between that and the v2? Will the v2.5 take the bf kit for the v2 or need to order a different one?

it is compatible. i broke my post being impatient trying to clean up the threads on my V2.5. (i jammed a screwdriver between the pos and neg posts to hold it from turning like an idiot instead of putting it in the vice.) so i had to use my v2.0 bf kit on my v2.5. it works perfectly now. only thing that looks like it might not be compatible is the white delrin drip tip insulator. everything from my v2.0 clone and my v2.5 authentic are otherwise identical and swappable.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
it is compatible. i broke my post being impatient trying to clean up the threads on my V2.5. (i jammed a screwdriver between the pos and neg posts to hold it from turning like an idiot instead of putting it in the vice.) so i had to use my v2.0 bf kit on my v2.5. it works perfectly now. only thing that looks like it might not be compatible is the white delrin drip tip insulator. everything from my v2.0 clone and my v2.5 authentic are otherwise identical and swappable.

That is good to here. I have on of the Zenith v2 Black FT clones. So I can use a v2.5 bf kit? I just want to make sure it is conferrable before drooping big money on an authentic. I Made that mistake with the orgin v2 with BF ring. Never again.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
That is good to here. I have on of the Zenith v2 Black FT clones. So I can use a v2.5 bf kit? I just want to make sure it is conferrable before drooping big money on an authentic. I Made that mistake with the orgin v2 with BF ring. Never again.

should be no problem. the post is narrow at the bottom then either widens or has a thin ring that's wider. either way the wider part of the ring seems to be at the same depth on the post and the pin (screw) is the exact same size and threading.

what i did was put a center punch against the bottom of the post and use a vice to push it up through the top of the deck. then used the vice to press the new post in from the top. easy peasy with the right tools. just make sure your post holes are lined up straight before you press the new one in. it's likely to gouge the 510 insulator just a bit each time it's pressed in and turning it once it's in might prove a bit tough.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Last I knew. Haven't checked. Kidney Puncher has V2.5 in stock.
Thanks. They do. And from the description my assumption was correct. The v2.5 does come with the bf post installed. The pic they have of the deck shows it too.

Here's a snippet of the description from kp...

What's new in v2.5:

New High Temp (better than Delrin) drip tip insulatorBottom Feed Ready 510 Positive PinBottom Feed Ready PostReplacement 510 Positive Silver Pin for non-Bottom Feed users

ADDIT: I'll update for sure when it and I arrive at the home front.

Last edited:

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
Found it Zenith Bottom Feed Conversion Kit - Zenith isn't that the v2 one? Will that fit in the Black FT clone? Think it is worth waiting for the v 2.5?

Yes, it is for the V2. And if you don't already have the V2 it is worth getting Version 2.5 from Kidney Puncher previously mentioned.
Double Cross Zenith RBA V2.5 - Kidney Puncher
And it looks like they are still in stock (Just checked)

I have the G Vapors 1:1 clone and it works good for that. I'm not sure if the Black FT clone has the same diameter center post and bore. That would be the determining factor. You might pick up one of the insulators and see if it fits before springing for the upgrade kit.

Those Zenith drip tips Indy Vapors carries are pretty cool too. I picked one up for my clone a while back and really like it. Its a perfect match for the clone AFC rings and its got a nice wide bore.

So I got my bottom feed center post & isolator from IndyVapor in the mail, and just my luck, it doesn't fit! :(

The center post wont even fit in the isolator it came with, and the isolator wont fit in my Zenith V2 Clone either. I can get it most of the way in but it wont go all of the way in. Is anyone else that ordered one experiencing problems?

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
So I got my bottom feed center post & isolator from IndyVapor in the mail, and just my luck, it doesn't fit! :(

The center post wont even fit in the isolator it came with, and the isolator wont fit in my Zenith V2 Clone either. I can get it most of the way in but it wont go all of the way in. Is anyone else that ordered one experiencing problems?

how close is it to fitting. i ask because it's a press fit. it's supposed to not move at all once it's installed. this means putting any of the above mentioned parts together without tools should be near or next to impossible. i had to put my replacement post in my atty with a bench top vice for example.

how close is it to fitting. i ask because it's a press fit. it's supposed to not move at all once it's installed. this means putting any of the above mentioned parts together without tools should be near or next to impossible. i had to put my replacement post in my atty with a bench top vice for example.
Yeah I got it figured out last night. I had to trim down the new isolator quiet a bit around the base to get it to fit. The center post also took quiet a bit of work to get in. I had to use a rubber mallet and a metal shim, but I got it though! Now I'm happily squonking away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread