a9a8usaj.jpg
ubuza9y6.jpg

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Also with the stainless steel, I could only ever get 18490s to fire down to 3.6v -3.7v. With the aluminum, they fire down to 3.4v - 3.5v. I never realized how conductive aluminum is (behind only silver, copper and gold). I'm surprised more mod makers don't use aluminum!

I don't think that is making the difference on how low it will let the DNA30 fire, your still using a Stainless Body tube on the ZNA Lite .... Wait until your aluminum threads start to strip then you will know why mod makers don't use it...

Last edited:

brekec88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
US
I don't think that is making the difference on how low it will let the DNA30 fire, your still using a Stainless Body tube on the ZNA Lite .... Wait until your aluminum threads start to strip then you will know why mod makers don't use it...

No I bought the aluminum tube 18490 and 18650 tube and I can tell you it makes a big difference. Not on the 18650 as much except for a lot less weight, but on the 18490 the battery life is way better and discharges evenly and doesn't sag up and down. I live near a HoH authorized retailer and every ZNA owner I know has the same experience with the original ZNA in 18490 at above 13W or so. If you vape at less than that you might you might not notice it as much. The DNA chip fires down to 3.3 - 3.4 v but there is sag under load to take into account that is even more prevalent when using higher wattage on a lower mah battery (18490s).

As for the threading wearing out... I don't know I have only had it for a couple weeks. I guess time will tell but so far it still looks and feels brand new and I haven't set it down since I've had it.

Last edited:

Zephion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Gainesville, VA
No I bought the aluminum tube 18490 and 18650 tube and I can tell you it makes a big difference. Not on the 18650 as much except for a lot less weight, but on the 18490 the battery life is way better and discharges evenly and doesn't sag up and down. I live near a HoH authorized retailer and every ZNA owner I know has the same experience with the original ZNA in 18490 at above 13W or so. If you vape at less than that you might you might not notice it as much. The DNA chip fires down to 3.3 - 3.4 v but there is sag under load to take into account that is even more prevalent when using higher wattage on a lower mah battery (18490s).

As for the threading wearing out... I don't know I have only had it for a couple weeks. I guess time will tell but so far it still looks and feels brand new and I haven't set it down since I've had it.

I call BS ON THIS POST...the poster is asserting the electronically regulated mod operates the same as a mech...bs.

Show me the science, better yet ask ZEN...

Last edited:

brekec88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
US
I call BS ON THIS POST...the poster is asserting the electronically regulated mod operates the same as a mech...bs.

Show me the science, better yet ask ZEN...

Its pretty basic stuff here buddy. The DNA chip fires down to 3.4 volts. If you get a charger that reads voltage, when you use a steel tube you only get the battery to drain down to 3.6 - 3.7 volts and if you haven't noticed its because you don't have a voltage reader on your charger. With the aluminum I can actually get the battery to drain to 3.4 -3.5 volts. Why do you think copper mods hit harder than steel mods? Because they have less voltage drop under load (copper is more conductive). While the DNA 30 might regulate outgoing power its getting the incoming power from the battery and that shuts off at 3.4 volts. But it isn't going to fire down to 3.4 because of voltage drop under load. But the voltage drop is less on the more conductive metal (like aluminum). Like is said this is especially the case when your vaping at high wattages and voltages.

Also I could care less if you think it is BS or not :laugh: like I said I personally know 15+ ZNA owners and own 3 myself...

XJ-linux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
I feel like I saw someone post in a classy thread that it isn't transferable, but I wouldn't take that as gospel.

Yeah, that's the post I was referring to. The OP never retorted back nor changed the for sale post, and no on else chimed it. Kinda make it confusing. The HOH website has a list of details on what is covered by warranty, which (as I read it) basically says there isn't a warranty for secondary owners unless you have one with a SN lower than 800 and it's less than a year old. Not too many devices come up that meet those criteria. There is no reference to the Lite warranty at all that I see, further clouding the issue. Makes me not want to buy a used one (or a new one) to some extent. If you don't like it it's gotta be tough to sell it again without getting clobbered since few people wants a used $300 device with no warranty and $70 minimum repair bill for any fixes.

Weizenheimer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
North Carolina
Actually I think you could probably still get close to retail for one now on here, and probably more on ebay. The more times passes though, the less likely that is going to be with all the newer dna devices and the sx330\350 devices and other cheaper high wattage devices coming out. Also I am going to be looking to sell my original that IS SN<800 and <1 year old here soon as it will be replaced with a lite.I missed delivery Saturday and rescheduled it for tomorrow. After a little testing period to make sure it doesn't have the unlikely event of going lemon, I will sell my original.

Dnorager

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2011
Layton, UT
www.electronicstix.com
Quick question. If I buy a used ZNA Lite (or even a used regular) used off the classifieds, is the warranty any good to me at all?

Any ZNA with a serial number higher than 800 has a non transferable warranty.
If you are looking to purchase one second hand, pay attention to the serial number.
There are ZNA Lites on stock at ENS right now though. No need to pay above retail.
I actually like the ZNA Lite quite a bit better than the SS version.

XJ-linux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Any ZNA with a serial number higher than 800 has a non transferable warranty.
If you are looking to purchase one second hand, pay attention to the serial number.
There are ZNA Lites on stock at ENS right now though. No need to pay above retail.
I actually like the ZNA Lite quite a bit better than the SS version.

Thanks for the tip. Say, do you know whether the 510 on the Lite is adjustable? It would appear to be so, but never hurts to ask.
Thanks!

Weizenheimer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
North Carolina
I really don't know, but I doubt they are shipping anything Z2 without adjustable 510 at this point. They can convert non adjustable to adjustable by just removing the original screw and adding the adjustable one, likely costing them less than a penny. Same as we can do but for 15 dollars last I looked ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread