◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigdujour

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
Michigan
squirrels are cuter than chickens (unless they've scrambled up your pant leg . . . and then, not so much)

however, chickens make (1) eggs and (2) better living thru fried chicken. :|

FYI: squirrels also seem to consider tractor wiring a delicacy. They're shot on sight 'round here.

Master of Bassets...and not much else

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
Lil Pinch with a very nice craft beer! I never planned to take the Lil Pinch out and about and was gonna keep her at home.... but the vape is awesome and she has to go wherever I go now.
Dinner 001.JPG

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
Lil Pinch with a very nice craft beer! I never planned to take the Lil Pinch out and about and was gonna keep her at home.... but the vape is awesome and she has to go wherever I go now.
View attachment 503827

Told ya that resistance is futile from the Pinch. Once you use it one time yer hooked Rob :toast:

4nic8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
Lake Mary, FL
Doffy, if it was CA finished then no, if oil finished then yes. All of my sumpins and pinch are CA finished because Florida weather messes with them severely if not. I have another wood mod that was just lacquer finished and it gets all out of sorts daily to the point I don't even use it anymore.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Doffy, if it was CA finished then no, if oil finished then yes. All of my sumpins and pinch are CA finished because Florida weather messes with them severely if not. I have another wood mod that was just lacquer finished and it gets all out of sorts daily to the point I don't even use it anymore.

Duffy from the looks of your picture the Sumpin isn't CA finished

i'll have to ask hildicat

i found the birthing pics PDIB's Making MODs!

i don't think process pics were trendy yet

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
hey! cool! I do hope it works out for you, Doffy. The guys are right, it's a CA finish. So waxing is optional and aesthetic. Please feel free to PM with any questions (thread works fine too). My advice for drastic climate change is to hyper-extend the pertinent contacts. Basically, until you get to know your particular mod, it's the easier path to be sure the contacts are firmly touching rather than shooting for a flush/snug fit of the topcap and/or no set screw in the bottom cap.

1) back out the long center brass post by 1/2 turn or so (unscrew from above)

2) set the bottom cap in place and install that cap's set screw (firm; but mind that you're screwing into threaded/tapped wood that's been hardened w/ CA).

3) screw the long center post back in until it stops turning (nicely bottomed out against the bottom cap's contact). Don't force it: but be sure you've hit bottom.

4) adjust the white nylon screw in the bottom of the topcap such that the cap just barely see-saws side-to-side (the white nylon screw pushing the BeCu Leaf Contact against the head of the long brass center screw being the fulcrum here).

•best to turn that BeCu Leaf away from the white nylon (and back) with no atty on. You're turning the whole 510 internals when you do so, and it's best not to put wear on the insulator by having it compressed with an atty on. So, do this adjustment with no atty installed.
•once you get to know your mod, you can re-adjust the white nylon to favor a flush fit and still maintain good contact; and, if you like, run it without the bottom set screw.

I applied Deoxit Shield to all the pertinent contact points a few months ago; but it will help if you dress them again every now and again.

MFarley

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
Cave Junction, OR USA
squirrels are cuter than chickens (unless they've scrambled up your pant leg . . . and then, not so much)
however, chickens make (1) eggs and (2) better living thru fried chicken. :|
A squirrel is just a rat.....with good hair.
Unless it's a fire squirrel. Then you had better watch out.
fire-squirrel.jpg

aarcoleo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2014
Chicago Il
Peter, Sent you a pm a few days ago and haven't heard back. At this juncture I can deduct the transmission was intercepted and vaporized by the "Fire Squirrel" . He's got a guilty look on his face. We exchanged emails about March of this year, had a meeting of the minds and I requested a place on the waiting list. Just wondering if there is spot # for reference.
Thanks and thumbs up for your spectacular workmanship!!

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Peter, Sent you a pm a few days ago and haven't heard back. At this juncture I can deduct the transmission was intercepted and vaporized by the "Fire Squirrel" . He's got a guilty look on his face. We exchanged emails about March of this year, had a meeting of the minds and I requested a place on the waiting list. Just wondering if there is spot # for reference.
Thanks and thumbs up for your spectacular workmanship!!

Hey. Sure enough: no transmission. I will contact you when I'm back on the mainframe (w/ the spreadsheet). Glad you said something here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread