◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
ndweC.jpg
What's with the man titties

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
I still say the smart thing is to get outta Dodge sweetie. Hope Mother Nature is kind to you though
My DIL was just telling me the hubby went into a panic when he got home and I was gone getting some eggs from the farm. I laughed and she said something very insightful......."you can barely even be bothered to care there's a storm coming". Pretty accurate but I never thought about it that way. :lol:

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
We stayed through Ike and we'll stay through this. I'm not gonna spend thousands of dollars running. If anything catastrophic happens then it was my time.

:danger:

I can't like this o_O

Although, I've done the same thing and likely would again :|

Stay safe Dahlin'

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Charge all your 18650's, get in the car and get the heck outta the way of that thing guys. You sticking around ain't gonna protect anything from a hurricane so go somewhere safe for the weekend
That was my plan with Matthew last year and I'm glad we executed it. You do not stay in an ocean-front place when there's a Cat 3 bearing down on ya.

Well, the guy 4 houses to the north did. He posted some vids on FB. At first, he was like, "No big deal". Then the waves and storm surge started breaking over the dunes and well, his attitude changed, to the point where I suspect he was in dire need of clean underwear.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Flooding is the biggest risk where i am and i'll be ...... off if my lawn is under a foot or more of water. Anywhere will flood if that hangs around for days on end, so we'll see. My house does not typically flood, but some local roads will.

HRH took the car today to stock up on stuff for us and the cats; if i see my shed floating down the road i'll just crack open a another tin and cheer it on. Water and gasoline is being panic-bought.

When Ike rolled through in 2008, i was living in an apartment with only electricity, so when that went out, i also had no way to cook anything. This time i have gas to cook with (we can always bbq here as well) and HRH's phone is a wireless hotspot, so i can run my internet from that.

Going to work Monday may not be an option, unless someone in a big truck can get me thru floods my car will not.

'Be calm or we'll all be killed', as an Irish friend of mine said.

T

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
Man alive! I couldn't like any of the above posts, you folks live in dangerous areas! All we have in SoCal is earthquakes and brush fires.....Mother Nature's idea of a shake'n bake I guess! Stay safe y'all!
At least we know what's coming and when..................

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
At least we know what's coming and when..................
Looking at the projected 'tracks' for this thing; I've never seen anything like it. There aren't any tracks. It looks like it's headed for you and then it's gonna stay there and pound you for several days straight. :shock:

All I can say is: Make sure all your batteries are fully charged!

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
Looking at the projected 'tracks' for this thing; I've never seen anything like it. There aren't any tracks. It looks like it's headed for you and then it's gonna stay there and pound you for several days straight. :shock:

All I can say is: Make sure all your batteries are fully charged!
Yep, been charging batteries all day and getting the set up together for the car charger if I run out. Full propane tanks for the outdoor kitchen and all the animals have food.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Yep, been charging batteries all day and getting the set up together for the car charger if I run out. Full propane tanks for the outdoor kitchen and all the animals have food.
You forgot to tie a rowboat to the porch !
CO3B25~121.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread