◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
Look what we spotted in my neighbor's tree yesterday evening:

PNQZm7T.jpg

(This was after sunset so the lighting was less than optimal)

Coincidentally, my other neighbor from across the street has a cat that went missing a few days ago...
We've got quite a lot of those and hawks as well. Love watching them.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
i approve of this owl!
So does my wife's (indoor) cat. She hated my neigbor's cat. He wanted to be her suitor/boyfriend, and my wife's cat wanted no parts of him!

The ocean is almost dead-calm this morning:

jvi4JBS.jpg

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
the post office teller this morning said "hi dan" before i identified myself

so, now i have to try to avoid being served by him, as well as the younger chick who did similar about 2 years ago
Why? Isn't being recognized a good thing?

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
I'm curious, why? :D

I like being recognized at the Starbucks I usually get my coffee from. Makes ordering much much easier (I always order the same 4 espressos over ice).

Depends on who you are, what reactions you've gotten, or get, in life. Notoriety and fame, or infamy, usually makes a person look at recognition as a burden, rather than a boon. I suppose it depends on what a person values. It's a curse, and a blessing at the same time. Other possible reasons, there's paranoia, social fobias, running from organized crime, hiding from government agencies, or another strong preference for privacy.

The people I do business with on a regular basis are ones I trust, otherwise, I prefer them to not remember me.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
I prefer the chick who really struggled to master modern eyebrow make up techniques. She treats it like factory work, only speaks if necessary. Barely even makes eye contact.

Or the young hipster guy, who is obviously as nervous about interacting with other humans as I am.

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
I prefer the chick who really struggled to master modern eyebrow make up techniques. She treats it like factory work, only speaks if necessary. Barely even makes eye contact.

Or the young hipster guy, who is obviously as nervous about interacting with other humans as I am.
That's probably why it surprised me about you not wanting to be recognized. I can say just about anything to you and we have great communication so I forget you are on the shy side.:wub:

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

15404CDF-0C8C-4433-971F-FCF90DA3DD3D.jpeg

Mornin’

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
both monkey poo & nuppin waiting for a plane in california btw

both cleared outgoing customs, just limited flights mean delays (rolleyes)
Yep, flinging Poo half way round the world. :D

Hi Everyone, Just testing a new avatar. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread