The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

0.5 ohm coil max wattage??

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by RCP1991, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RCP1991

RCP1991 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2017
    Right now I am using a Innokin Cool Fire 4 IV with a Sub V tank. The tank is loaded with a 0.5 ohm coil. I tend to prefer a wattage somewhere in the 35-55 range. Is that an acceptable range for that coil? If not, are there any other options to remedy? Also, what are the dangers of vaping at too high a wattage?

Thanks!!

2. Big Me

Big Me Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2014
    England
    The main danger of vaping at too high a level is burning the wick.

Vape to taste. Start at thirty watts and see how it tastes, then increase the wattage in small increments until you either find the vape that you like or it tastes slightly burnt. (When that happens, back off five watts.)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Darth Omerta

Darth Omerta Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2015
    I usually rely on Heat Flux to determine the wattage I want to vape at. Simply put, how much power(wattage) you need depends on the mass of your coil. As I understand it the .5ohm replacement heads for the iSub V tank can come in either single wrap coils or claptons. If you have the clapton version then you might want a bit more power to lessen the ramp up time, whereas if its the single wrap version you might not need that extra power. Its all up to you, if you are getting an enjoyable vape at 55W and its not burning your wick, then vape on.

4. Lyle Devine

Lyle Devine Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2012
    Mid-west U.S.
    Ohm is not the best way to indicate what wattage you should use.

A short thin wire coil can measure the same ohm as a longer thicker wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. edwards653

edwards653 Full Member

Sep 13, 2015
    I found around 40 watts was excellent with 0.5 ohm coil in the innokin tank.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

6. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    I prefer warm over hot, so I'm almost always below the low "recommended" power a coil comes with, as they're usually inflated to appeal to buyers. 30-35W should be fine with that coil.

• Like Like x 2
  7. juicynoos

juicynoos Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm not familiar with that sub-ohm tank you have but aren't the wattage range written on the coil heads or else somewhere online?
    Just dial it in as already suggested starting low until you like the warmth and flavor

8. juicynoos

juicynoos Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just got a dry hit while typing from my 0.5 rda at 32 watts...glad it wasn't at 55watts:D

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.