0-Nicotine E-Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
vaping zero nicotine still urges me to do it in a relaxed atmosphere. Sometimes I do zero and other times I do very low.

My Doc put in my language and said, basically, that it is similar to coffee. Raises the BP a tiny bit; it kind of helps me get going in the morning along with a cup of coffee. In the car or on the bike for awhile, I like it. Also, I got it in my mind to sit, too. I am not sure that I really even notice the nic, but I do notice fiddling with something and it takes my thoughts away from other things temporarily. They say 10 minute breaks are healthy.

Good to sit and relax for a few. Sad to hear about Debbie Reynolds. she was... "hubba, hubba" for me when I was young.

Reactions: Izan

Phil P

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
I don't really understand the fascination with vape tricks. They are not tricks. Big wow you can blow a cloud [emoji297]️ , Ooooo you can blow a vapor ring[emoji50].

We started smoking as kids to look cool and grown-up, and the by product of that is becoming addicted to nicotine and the sensation of smoking. Fortunately we all now know that smoking doesn't make you look cool or grown-up.

But for us idiots that started smoking in the first place we now have a healthier alternative and it stops smoking cigarettes.

My question is why start vaping for the sake of it, It ante gonna make you look cool or clever. And none of us really know the long-term affects of what we are vaping.

Don't get me wrong I love the hobbyist side of vaping, but there are many other hobbies out there you could get involved in that don't have hidden complications to your health.

Now before you all jump on me and tell be that it is none of my business then you would be totally right. But look at it this way, would you want your son or daughter to start vaping to give up cigarettes? Yes
Would you want your son or daughter to start vaping because they want to blow massive clouds? No

But each to their own I guess.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Over the past couple of weeks I've been considering
Buying a Vape but im aiming to get something as (UN-HARMFUL)
As possible. I Saw the option of 0-Nicotine E-Liquid but First I've been
Told to Consult the form regarding the actual dangers of 0-Nicotine E-Liquid.

Hi Cody
To answer your original question, we just don't know, especially in the long term. The VG we use is the main ingredient in many moisturizers and is of food grade but that dosen't mean it is safe to ingest through your lungs. I've seen one study which exposed lung cells to cig smoke, which killed the cells, and to vapor, which didn't. However that was just one limited study and has yet to be proven by repetition (at least to my knowledge). No one has been vaping long enough for a determination of the long term effects.
We ex smokers are willing to take the risk since we know the risks of continuing to smoke and are pretty sure vaping is less risky to the health. However someone who has never smoked dosen't have that justification to vape so you are simply taking on an unknown amount of risk for no reason. That is why you're generally being discouraged here from taking up vaping.

Reactions: Phil P

STEELRAIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That's a Pretty Bold Statement.

And "Harmless" is a Very Inclusive and all Encumbering word.

Show me aside from being addictive, what harm does nicotine pose? Now please keep in mind I'm not including ppl trying to drink it, leaving it open or loose around small children and pets. If you have any common sense, tobacco is addictive but largely harmless.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Show me aside from being addictive, what harm does nicotine pose? Now please keep in mind I'm not including ppl trying to drink it, leaving it open or loose around small children and pets. If you have any common sense, tobacco is addictive but largely harmless.

Some Believe that Nicotine acts as a Tumor Promoter.

nicotine tumor promoter - Google Scholar

And there are Other who believe that Nicotine Promotes Atherosclerosis.

nicotine atherosclerosis - Google Scholar

These are but 2 Examples. So I question one's Ability to use the word "Harmless" in with regards to Nicotine. Especially when such a Blanket Statement includes no Mention of Dosage.

Phil P

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
Hi Cody
To answer your original question, we just don't know, especially in the long term. The VG we use is the main ingredient in many moisturizers and is of food grade but that dosen't mean it is safe to ingest through your lungs. I've seen one study which exposed lung cells to cig smoke, which killed the cells, and to vapor, which didn't. However that was just one limited study and has yet to be proven by repetition (at least to my knowledge). No one has been vaping long enough for a determination of the long term effects.
We ex smokers are willing to take the risk since we know the risks of continuing to smoke and are pretty sure vaping is less risky to the health. However someone who has never smoked dosen't have that justification to vape so you are simply taking on an unknown amount of risk for no reason. That is why you're generally being discouraged here from taking up vaping.

Perfectly put.

Phil P

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016

Hmmm really? And you qualification is? just so we know.

As a plant in the ground it may be harmless to us, even beneficial as it will produce oxygen as it grows.

STEELRAIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
"
The effect of nicotine on aortic endothelium: a quantitative ultrastructural study
M Zimmerman, J McGeachie - Atherosclerosis, 1987 - Elsevier
Fourteen mice were given nicotine in their drinking water for 5 weeks. The dose (5 mg/kg body wt/day) was equivalent to a human smoking 50–100 cigarettes/day. A control group of mice [12] was unexposed to nicotine over the same period. Stereological analysis of electron micrographs

This gave mice 2.5 to 5 packs a day worth of nicotine EVERY day. yeah I know some ppl may have smoked that aount but, that was not the norm. citing works that create an inaccurate study doesn't really do much. That's like saying the avg person drinks 3 alcoholic beverages a day so let's give a mouse 1.5 to 3 times that amount and say the findings are accurate.

Last edited:

STEELRAIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hmmm really? And you qualification is? just so we know.

As a plant in the ground it may be harmless to us, even beneficial as it will produce oxygen as it grows.

Let's see, I'm not a ..... who believes every bit of research that comes out. is it so outlandish to think that out government paid research may try and scare us. RefferMaddness anyone?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Both articles you posted are not substantiated with proof. they are but opinion pieces with some research sprinkled in. As is most "research".

Nicotine, the Wonder Drug? | DiscoverMagazine.com

Both Articles I posted? Those are Links to Published Papers on Nicotine.

Hey if you want to go around Telling people that Nicotine is Harmless based on a Article in Discovery Magazine, that's Cool. I guess I'm just Not Willing to buy into the Concept of "Harmless" as much as you are.

Significant Less Harm that Smoking? Sure.

Harmless? As in like Not Using Nicotine? No... Can't go that Far.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If that is your end all be all definition of harmless, than nothing in existence is truly 100%harmless.

Smoking nicotine and vaping the nicotine makes no difference.

So we are going to use a Different Definition of the word Harmless?

OK...

So for you, how much Harm can Nicotine cause and still be called Harmless?

STEELRAIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well let's see, water in moderation is harmless yes? But in excess can cause a mirad of issues including death. (I'm not talking a about basic drowning or any type of undue harm). If to much is ingested at a time you can become ill, if in extreme excess death. Nicotine, in moderation (with no medical allergy or undiagnosed issues) generally will have no adverse effects. If taken in excess it too can lead to sickness and death.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... Nicotine, in moderation (with no medical allergy or undiagnosed issues) generally will have no adverse effects. If taken in excess it too can lead to sickness and death.

So are we going to Now shift the conversation to taken in Moderation as a Means to support the Premise that Nicotine has No Adverse Effects? And throw in a "Generally" to cover when there can be Adverse effects?

Seems like we are getting Farther away from Harmless an Not closer.

:)

Reactions: Phil P

STEELRAIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Everything that we do is in one form or another done in moderation to try and avoid possible issues. "Generally", generally with no medical issues, diagnosed or otherwise salt is harmless in moderation. But salt can cause issues with your body even if it had never done so before.

We can play semantics all day, trust me. We both have a different view on nicotine and it affects on the human body. We have both cited works with differing results to substantiate our views. Neither of us is wrong or right and I doubt either will change the others outlook.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

We can play semantics all day, trust me. We both have a different view on nicotine and it affects on the human body. We have both cited works with differing results to substantiate our views. Neither of us is wrong or right and I doubt either will change the others outlook.

I think what it all gets down to is the use of the word Harmless.

Because I believe that the Vast Majority of People perceive that to mean Without Harm. Something that I don't think can be said to about Nicotine Use.

Many see Vaping as Harm Reduction. Not Harm Elimination. And Nicotine in the Form that we ingest it as Much Less Harmful than via combustion of Tobacco.

But Not without some Inherent Harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread