1% Nic (Comedy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyler

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2009
Texas
OK guys i got a story which occurred tonight at a TGI Fridays!

So i was out with some friends and i had my e-cig out while i had a beer. Nobody was saying anything until..... DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. The manager pops her head out and sees me taking a hit. RED flag flys up as she comes almost SPRINTING to my table. "Sir there is no smoking here" I replied with the old "its electronic" she said "I don't care, it looks like one could you please put it away" I NEVER argue with anyone over the smoking ban but instead i decided to twist it. I asked her... "Do you smoke" she replied with a"yes, but i go outside" DING DING DING! Got ya!

Out comes my pack of cards and out comes my speech, "have you ever tried one" she obviously had the smoker attitude and replied with a stern "i don't want to quit" DING! 2 pts for me! "I'm not trying to get you to quit, I'm trying to help you. I'm an EMT for the city of Richmond and I'm doing nothing more then trying to save a life" well 15min of talking and questions and I can safely say she had a totally different outlook. She also became less of a ..... :p and went back, as she walked away i could see her reading the card and show it to a few of the people in the back and point to me as she placed the card in her breast pocket.

VAL! If she orders from V4L you owe me a beer! Cuz after that i had to pay me check and go outside for a vape :p

I'll have to remember all of this gamer. I haven't been approached but I need to be prepared just in case. This was a great come back. Just loved it.

Gamer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
St. Petersburg, FL
www.Youtube.com
I'll have to remember all of this gamer. I haven't been approached but I need to be prepared just in case. This was a great come back. Just loved it.

I hate to sound like that guy from burn notice but here it goes!:

When scoping out a skeptic try to get into their head. Look for things like: who are they with? are they wearing a wedding ring? do they have children? Find common ground!

One of the most common things I hear is "I'm fine i don't need to quit" Relate to them and tell them they don't need to! Then look at them and try to see what you can relate to. (But plz if you cant judge very well dont do it :) )

Example:

I had a woman whom was in the parking lot and asked what I was doing as i sat by my car vaping. I told her it was an electric Cigarette. She gave out a small laugh and pulled out a pack of her own Cigarettes and started to smoke and we talked. She asked if they worked to quit and how much they cost. I gave her a brief run down and offered her a V4L business card, She replied; "I don't really think that its worth the effort to try something new right now, This works for me." the woman turned and hit the button on her keys to unlock her car which was about 2 cars down. When i looked at the car I noticed in the back seat there was a child's car seat. I asked the woman "So you have kids?" she laughed again and stated "no, they are my grandchildren" ((haha hook line and sinker)) the only reply to do now is "Well even if you don't think its worth it for you, have you thought about your grandchildren?" She paused and looked at me, speechless. She smiled at me, tossed her cigarette on the ground and then simply asked. "so you got one of those cards you were talking about."

Bringing up someones family, friends, or even pets are a great way to get them to think about an e-cig.

Im not saying this to up V4L sales or to scam anyone out of anything. I've been spreading the word for the simple fact as an EMT i have transported and seen things that most people would not believe existed. People whom in their 50s lost all their teeth and hair, bound to a chair or bed with oxygen strapped to them 24/7. I've even seen a man whom after ignoring cancer in his jaw had half his face removed. No person should have to go through any of this for a simple life "pleasure".

My way of looking at this is if I hand out 100 V4L cards and just 1 out of that 100 visits the site. Then thats 1 life that i may have saved. Simply by stopping and answering some questions. :)

Last edited:

Skyler

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2009
Texas
I hate to sound like that guy from burn notice but here it goes!:

When scoping out a skeptic try to get into their head. Look for things like: who are they with? are they wearing a wedding ring? do they have children? Find common ground!

One of the most common things I hear is "I'm fine i don't need to quit" Relate to them and tell them they don't need to! Then look at them and try to see what you can relate to. (But plz if you cant judge very well dont do it :) )

Example:

I had a woman whom was in the parking lot and asked what I was doing as i sat by my car vaping. I told her it was an electric Cigarette. She gave out a small laugh and pulled out a pack of her own Cigarettes and started to smoke and we talked. She asked if they worked to quit and how much they cost. I gave her a brief run down and offered her a V4L business card, She replied; "I don't really think that its worth the effort to try something new right now, This works for me." the woman turned and hit the button on her keys to unlock her car which was about 2 cars down. When i looked at the car I noticed in the back seat there was a child's car seat. I asked the woman "So you have kids?" she laughed again and stated "no, they are my grandchildren" ((haha hook line and sinker)) the only reply to do now is "Well even if you don't think its worth it for you, have you thought about your grandchildren?" She paused and looked at me, speechless. She smiled at me, tossed her cigarette on the ground and then simply asked. "so you got one of those cards you were talking about."

Bringing up someones family, friends, or even pets are a great way to get them to think about an e-cig.

Im not saying this to up V4L sales or to scam anyone out of anything. I've been spreading the word for the simple fact as an EMT i have transported and seen things that most people would not believe existed. People whom in their 50s lost all their teeth and hair, bound to a chair or bed with oxygen strapped to them 24/7. I've even seen a man whom after ignoring cancer in his jaw had half his face removed. No person should have to go through any of this for a simple life "pleasure".

My way of looking at this is if I hand out 100 V4L cards and just 1 out of that 100 visits the site. Then thats 1 life that i may have saved. Simply by stopping and answering some questions. :)

Yes indeed....I do believe!

As to your experiences....that is what I had pictured myself in 10 yrs and I didn't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread