crackling sound/ that weird sweet taste you get with cheap E-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
So I just got my first shipment of V4L cartos that I got for my GreenNicotine battery, and noticed two things that I also noticed when I got one of those crappy disposable Gammucci cigs at a gas station one time:

1. it makes a crackling sound when I puff on it, is this because of the battery or is that just normal with the way the atomizer works?

2. it's got that weird sweet taste, like what you find in the gas station e-cigs, do they all have that or did I just get a bad flavor? I got French Pipe.

if I find out the crackling is normal, and I just need a better flavor, I'll be happy since these look like a good deal otherwise. they were nice enough to send me 2 free samples of e-liquid too

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Well on these 3 I am a fountain of useless information

1. Don't know, I have only tried Premium Sour Green Apple
2. Don't know, never ordered any nic free
3. Don't know, never tried the kit, but I am a huge Wow Nuport fanatic.

Keep in mind, if you try something and don't like it you can always trade it for something you do like or would like to try. Check the sticky section at the top of the page to swap with somebody else.

Last edited:

wader2k

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
NE Illinois
So I just got my first shipment of V4L cartos that I got for my GreenNicotine battery, and noticed two things that I also noticed when I got one of those crappy disposable Gammucci cigs at a gas station one time:

1. it makes a crackling sound when I puff on it, is this because of the battery or is that just normal with the way the atomizer works?

2. it's got that weird sweet taste, like what you find in the gas station e-cigs, do they all have that or did I just get a bad flavor? I got French Pipe.

if I find out the crackling is normal, and I just need a better flavor, I'll be happy since these look like a good deal otherwise. they were nice enough to send me 2 free samples of e-liquid too

Welcome Sqirl1!!

The snap,crackle, pop sounds you here are perfectly normal and expected! Folks around here actually look forward to hearing those sounds!!

The taste is going to completely vary by flavor. It sounds like french pipe isn't your thing....
I heavily recommend the sampler packs to new folks searching for a flavor that suits them. Taste is subjective so opinions will vary..but the Coffee Sampler is a good bet. I see you are getting the Mixed Berry.

All of our samplers are found here: Sampler Packs of Vapor King Cartomizers

btw.. I love your name, sqirl1.....these are my friends:

22546_1328923631118_1471797365_3088.jpg

Natalia

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
California
Welcome Sqirl1!!

The snap,crackle, pop sounds you here are perfectly normal and expected! Folks around here actually look forward to hearing those sounds!!

The taste is going to completely vary by flavor. It sounds like french pipe isn't your thing....
I heavily recommend the sampler packs to new folks searching for a flavor that suits them. Taste is subjective so opinions will vary..but the Coffee Sampler is a good bet. I see you are getting the Mixed Berry.

All of our samplers are found here: Sampler Packs of Vapor King Cartomizers

btw.. I love your name, sqirl1.....these are my friends:

22546_1328923631118_1471797365_3088.jpg

Wader I love your squirrel pics. :)

How come we can't have dessert and candy flavor samplers in CoolCarts????????????? :(

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
thanks for the advice guys! yeah I'm a cigar guy myself, I mean I probably didn't smoke them often enough to NEED a PV, but I figure "what the hell, knowing me I'm probably going to eventually so might as well get the one that's better for you". I used to smoke GreenNicotine, but I recently found out what a rip off their stuff is, and I heard V4L cartos work for GN's battery, so I gave it a shot. the GN cartos didn't make a crackling sound, so that's why I asked if it was normal. but yeah I'm looking into a lot of flavors I'll show the full list of what I'm interested in later so you guys can tell me your opinion on them later

DawnsFolly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Yup, the sounds are the atomizer working - creating vapor. The menthol flavors are ok, but after smoking menthol for many years they aren't my favorite to vape. You will probably like peppermint or coffee flavors more. The sampler packs are an excellent value. You can try refilling your cartomizers with the liquid, but blank cartomizers will give you better flavor.

NoMatches

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
LI, NY
I don't know if there has ever been anyone who did not like Cafe Mocha. It remains my favorite flavor. I was not a menthol smoker, and most of the peppermint and menthol flavors are not to my liking.

Sampler packs are the way to go. I find that only about 1 out of every ten flavors hits my personal sweet spot. Very few are awful, some OK, some good, a few are just fantastic! I don't think it's possible to avoid spending wasted money though. You have to try quite a few to find those 4, 5 or 6 that you really love to vape, in my opinion anyway. The sampler packs are a great way to find out what will work for you. Just the vast number of flavors V4L has implies how different we all are.

You will find what you like. Just be patient and experiment some.

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
you know what I think was the "weird sweet flavor" now that I think about it? I think it was just that I'm used to the metal and hard plastic GN cartos are made of, and when I taste the cartos I got now, it tastes different because of the "wrapper" and the rubber lid. I'm used to that now, and french pipe isn't really that bad, just really strong. maybe I should tone down the nic level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread