10 Movies to see before you die

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-Sound Krew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Worcester
I think oldboy is overated, great movie though especially if no one ruins the surprise for ya. Luckily I'm into asian cinema so I saw it before I saw Bravo's top 100, Audition is another overated one

In general I think the koreans are making some of the most original stuff right now too bad I can't name a single one, it's equivelant to what America was doing in the early 90's when it was releasing stuff like
Fargo, Usual Suspects, Clerks, True Romance
America had a great run there of original stuff
now I think Korea is the place, out of the 15 or so korean movies I saw this year I'd recomend all but 3

Sir_Puffalot

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2008
UK
My top 10:- liable to change the more I think about it :D

Dune (the david lynch version)
The Shining
It`s a wonderful life (it`s Christmas after all!!!)
Very Bad Things
Hot Fuzz
Scarface
Godfather
Empire Strikes Back (my favourite but any starwars film really)
Starship Troopers (the first one, the others were piles of steaming ****)
Rise of the foot soldier

Never quite got Battle Royale or its sequals.
I had a spell of watching a lot of black and whites, alas, I don't get much time these days.

The Hustler
The Sweet Smell Of Sucess
On The Waterfront
To Kill A Mockingbird

Letters From Iwo Jima
Flags Of Our Fathers
Magnolia

Actually, the list could be really long so I'll stop there. Oh, one more...

...... Madness...!

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
I think oldboy is overated, great movie though especially if no one ruins the surprise for ya. Luckily I'm into asian cinema so I saw it before I saw Bravo's top 100, Audition is another overated one

In general I think the koreans are making some of the most original stuff right now too bad I can't name a single one, it's equivelant to what America was doing in the early 90's when it was releasing stuff like
Fargo, Usual Suspects, Clerks, True Romance
America had a great run there of original stuff
now I think Korea is the place, out of the 15 or so korean movies I saw this year I'd recomend all but 3

Yeah 2000's are definitely Korea's decade in film.

Oldboy is overrated. Mr. Vengeance gets no love and yet does the best job of conveying the trilogy's theme.

slianfoxob

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2008
Bethlehem, PA
Never quite got Battle Royale or its sequals.
I had a spell of watching a lot of black and whites, alas, I don't get much time these days.

The Hustler
The Sweet Smell Of Sucess
On The Waterfront
To Kill A Mockingbird

Letters From Iwo Jima
Flags Of Our Fathers
Magnolia

Actually, the list could be really long so I'll stop there. Oh, one more...

...... Madness...!

Never seen the sequels but the first Battle Royale had my sides splitting. I almost died of laughter when that girl went crazy and started stabbing that poor kid in the groin repeatedly....sorry, i know thats probably only funny to me

How could I have forgotten ...... Madness. That's a definite must see for everyone. I was really really reluctant to see it because I have this keen hatred of pot and all it's affiliations but my friends forced me to watch it (peer pressure) and I was so happy I did. Particularly fond of the number "Listen to Jesus, Jimmie"

Foxy

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
UweBollsWombles.jpg

K-Sound Krew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Worcester
I almost died of laughter when that girl went crazy and started stabbing that poor kid in the groin repeatedly....sorry, i know thats probably only funny to me

Has anyone else seen Ricky-oh?
It could be the worst movie or best movie eva depending on your perspective.

It's not a comedy but the more times I see it the more I laugh.

When the guy comits sepuku and then tries to choke Ricky with his intestines.... classic!!!

cucurucho

ECF Veteran
The Holy Mountain, Videodrome, Dawn of the Dead (original), Underground, Re-Animator, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Samaritan Girl, Solaris, A Zed and Two Noughts, Yojimbo, Lone Wolf & Cub: Babycart in the Land of Demons, Zatoichi and the Festival of Fire, Peeping Tom, The Untold Story, The Beyond, Dog Day Afternoon, Shivers, The Killers, The Thing, Once Upon a Time in the West.

I'm so happy to see The Holy Mountain on top of that list.

spunkmeijer

Dec 23, 2008
As long as I live long enough to finish seeing the harry potter movies, I'm good. I've made through the Star Wars, Matrix, and LOTR. Loved Event Horizon and In the Mouth of Madness. I can watch Silence of the Lambs every time it comes on Starz right now. I watch my Aliens Quadrilogy about once every three months. I'm pretty much trying to watch as much Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy as much as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread