100 hours Cig Free / progress Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

heytiger

Apr 18, 2015
Mitten
Update, I joined here the same day I began vaping. April 17th, 2015.

My last cigarette was Friday, the 17th prior to entering the Vape shop.

For who is reading, my set up that I purchased is a Kanger Subtank Mini
with a 50W Eleaf Istick.

I began vaping leaving the shop.

I am hoping my (update) post will encourage readers here who are contemplating vaping.

Possibly you may have tried other alternatives in the past: to quit smoking.
That what you tried did not work, or you found yourself in withdrawal hell, or both.

I began smoking 29/30 yrs ago. I started out with Marlboro Gold 100's.
I transitioned 5 yrs later to Marlboro Lights, Parliaments' non menthol, to
Marlboro Special blends in the last year.

I smoking a pack to a pack and a 1/2 a day depending on daily life.
I liked smoking, It found me very well for many years. It to begin to take it's
toll that my smoking was no longer enjoyable, it to be pure addiction.

I tried Vaping for the first time April 13, 2015. My first Vape felt like Christmas.
I knew instantly this was meant for me to try on my own. I to purchase my set up
on the 17th.

Friday at 1:30pm was my last cigarette. I vaped for the rest of the day, evening.
I woke up Saturday to find myself yes craving a real cigarette. I did light up.
Within one inhale, I gagged. It was beyond awful. I put it out. I did not take a 2nd hit.

I in the past have tried the patch, epic failure. It made me sicker than a dog.
I have attempted to quit many times. Never Quit trying to quit. I to go the cold
turkey route many times. Always to regress, revert and begin smoking again as nothing
seemed to supplement, and I mean nothing. If you have ever been smoke free for a substantial
amount of time, meaning more than a day. The difference is noticed, within the mind/body, in the process of
not smoking. ( not speaking of withdrawals)

Possibly this is why the Vaping worked for me as a miracle, not a cure.

I wanted to quit smoking, I simply didn't have the energy to put forth to go through the
withdrawal process for the 4th, 5th time. It's mind bending, withdrawals for myself were
horrible. Where you no longer identify yourself as being a human being: BAD

Vaping for the first 48 hours. I felt like I was chasing my self. I felt that I was missing something.
I wasn't missing anything, it was bottom line, for me. "This cannot be this easy"
When is the shoe going to drop? When is this going to become ineffective, that I revert.
It did not happen. I have not had any symptoms of withdrawals. I am vaping at a 12 mg of Nic.

As I am typing this, I am 100 hours " Cigarette Free"

My body is detoxing, this is a fact. I am having issues with sleeping, not insomnia
but difficulty in deep sleeping. I find my body temp is running up and down. My body
is eliminating the toxins through my pores, this I noticed after 48 hours. The toxins
are coming out in some very interesting odors, the chems/metals purging themselves.
I noticed too my gums are irritated. Nothing huge, simple noted irritation.

Day Three Sunday Evening, watching TV, my feet began to twitch, I began feeling the sparks of circulation
in my feet and toes. The other which is or isn't, I think it is. I have experienced hand finger
tremors for many years. They have all but ceased since I've been Vaping.
My hands are steady, my fingers are of a tighter grip. This an unexpected welcomed side affect.

My taste buds are pretty much going wild. My appetite in the first 48 hours, increased rapidly.
I actually was a bit worried, as the hunger pangs were fierce Friday/Sat late night. This not a direction
I wanted to go into. By Sunday " day" my appetite pretty much stabilized itself.

It's now Tuesday, 100 hours Vaping, I do not own a scale, I know I have lost weight, prob 3-4lbs.
I can tell by mirror view and by my jeans. Lots of activity going on " within" that I do believe
my body temp is higher, my metabolism to increase, this being the how of dropping the pounds.

Nothing to Complain about. Not one thing. For who is reading, this is my experience so far.
I can only speak for myself.

For the skeptics who are reading, the only suggestion I have for you that will cost you nothing.
Research online to see if you have local Vape shops and or retailers near you.
Go to a Vape Shop. Call ahead if it's unclear, ask if they have " Testers"

They will provide you with a set up, a sterile tip, you to try Vaping yourself.
Put your attention on the Vaping experience more so than the actual flavors /e-liquids testers.

Do not base your experience on, if the Vape shops e-liquids testers do not suit your flavor factor.
Not all e-liquids are alike, our tastes are not all alike. We all have our
preferences. Trial and error, this why Testers are the way to go. I went to a 2nd Vape
shop, yesterday. I cannot express how this shops testers differed from the 1st shop I went to.

Try Vaping - This is your first step, now that you've read countless posts by persons sharing.

This is a fast pace new industry that is going to come with positives, negatives and neutrals in
reactions within newcomers. (Myself being new). I do believe Vaping is here to stay, yes.

You to actually try Vaping, if you're confused, join this forum, there are endless people here
of solid knowledge that will answer your questions. They are here to help you.

For myself so far, Vaping is a life beginning experience :)
I wish for all who are smoking to " simply gift yourself a one stop at a Vape Shop"
Try it, you have nothing to lose.

Tiger

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
Cheers on 100 hours!
Good advice for new vapers as well. Go to a B&M and spend some time there testing flavors... research hardware... research nic levels to start you off on... etc... tons of good info on this site.

I find the more you are aware of all the aspects of vaping the easier things become and the feedback from other members and researching is just as important as the hardware and liquids.

heytiger

Apr 18, 2015
Mitten
Cheers on 100 hours!
Good advice for new vapers as well. Go to a B&M and spend some time there testing flavors... research hardware... research nic levels to start you off on... etc... tons of good info on this site.

I find the more you are aware of all the aspects of vaping the easier things become and the feedback from other members and researching is just as important as the hardware and liquids.

Thank you Callipleura - Every day I find myself wanting to read more, learn more, I am reading on this site. I am
reading reading, paying attention on all levels. I am as well paying attention to the media.

As in what they are spewing. This is important. The heightened media is only going to Gain Ground in Spewing Lies if persons
like us " remain silent" - This is TRULY an Election Year " right now"

Even so the US Presidential Election isn't till 2016. This is a hot button topic, as you can read the news
this week, the Media is " choosing" Teens as their way of " Fear Mongering" -oooo who will protect the children.
They to chose Teens, Path to least resistance, this how they gain the parents, guardians " attention"
as These " adults" are who " afford" the teens their disposable cash.

Teens who are Vaping, most and many are knowledgeable, they not Vaping Nicotine, for addiction, they Vaping for an outlet.
Some Vaping Nicotine. The lesser of evils isn't even on the platform of the Media. Nope. They are straight up attacking
broad brushing Vaping into one big Hive. Ask a Teen who Vapes, I bet he/she could ' educate" even make persons
head spin, if they actually wanted to know a Teen's prospective - ask them " What is Vaping? "

Would the person be willing to listen ? - prob not, not unless it came with a horror story of ..this one time.
- Knowledge is Power :)

T

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
Thank you Callipleura - Every day I find myself wanting to read more, learn more, I am reading on this site. I am
reading reading, paying attention on all levels. I am as well paying attention to the media.

As in what they are spewing. This is important. The heightened media is only going to Gain Ground in Spewing Lies if persons
like us " remain silent" - This is TRULY an Election Year " right now"

Even so the US Presidential Election isn't till 2016. This is a hot button topic, as you can read the news
this week, the Media is " choosing" Teens as their way of " Fear Mongering" -oooo who will protect the children.
They to chose Teens, Path to least resistance, this how they gain the parents, guardians " attention"
as These " adults" are who " afford" the teens their disposable cash.

Teens who are Vaping, most and many are knowledgeable, they not Vaping Nicotine, for addiction, they Vaping for an outlet.
Some Vaping Nicotine. The lesser of evils isn't even on the platform of the Media. Nope. They are straight up attacking
broad brushing Vaping into one big Hive. Ask a Teen who Vapes, I bet he/she could ' educate" even make persons
head spin, if they actually wanted to know a Teen's prospective - ask them " What is Vaping? "

Would the person be willing to listen ? - prob not, not unless it came with a horror story of ..this one time.
- Knowledge is Power :)

T
Yes there is lots to know isn't there! :) But it is good when you take an interest in products you buy then just buying it and not really knowing much about it other than what does it cost.

There is the hardware to consider: can you rebuild coils or rewick? - as the cost will add up over time, is the battery going to last you long enough in your daily routine?, can you carry it easily as a pack of smokes and lighter? is the device robust enough for your lifestyle? etc... Hopefully one finds a device that fits into their daily routine easily... but I know some people can go though lots of money trying to find something that works for them.

There is the liquid to consider: what exactly is manufacture using? - not much full disclosure out there, trying to find a taste or two you like for weeks or months, etc.. If you are in the USA I would probably looking into DIY liquids personally. The cost savings is huge and you know what you put into it and can tailor it to your taste. The biggest question mark seems to be the flavorings so if you do get into DIY spend your time there looking for what is "safe" enough for you. The PG/VG/Nic seem a lot more straight forward. But there is a learning curve there as well.

There is the health side of things: hopefully after a few weeks you'll notice your smell and taste improving, you won't smell of smoke and tar, again if you DIY your own liquid the flavoring seem to be the biggest unknown so you can select what you feel comfortable with (it can be nice to have control over your own life, instead of just taking whatever is handed to you). There is also good peer reviewed papers out there, but hopefully more will come - that are well done.

And yes there is the media and politics: Fight back with good facts. Watch out for leading questions and setups like you have seen. State why it helped you and in relation to smoking. I think most reasonable, decent people will understand if they step back and put things into context. The media/politicians/big business have their own agenda, aren't very decent (but are very manipulative) and I swear they studied fallacies - not to not use them in reasoning - but instead how to use them to get what they want or to trick you into seeing things their way.

I hope vaping works for you and keeps you off the analogs. Cheers

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Best of luck to you! I love hearing success stories and yours is written well and with honest thoughts. I was also smoking 30 yrs and tried many times to quit. I also had a sense of missing something. Let's face it, we have lived every life occasion with a cigarette in our hand and Vaping is a total life changer. Its like losing our best friend. I could "sense" the detoxing effects of eliminating the toxins, which was weird. And yes, several I have spoken to including myself have experienced improvements in health In all different areas that we never even realized had to do with our smoking habit. Isn't it amazing?! For some weird reason I tried to have a cig about 4-5 times over a period of about a year before I finally was comfortable to know that I just didn't like them anymore. I could only have a couple puffs before putting them out but I still was so darn hardheaded to still try them, just in case I was missing out somehow. Lol. It will be four years cig free for me on June 8th! And this comes from someone that really thought I would die smoking and had given up on even trying to quit. Vaping saved my life. I am so happy you are doing good and nowadays the setups are so much better than when I started. You have the exact same setup I am now recommending to the newbies I know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread