Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Anyone know of higher end wattage mod where the batteries are NOT removable?

everything in the higher watt range seem to all be external batteries....

any recommendations? Thanks guys
There’s a reason for this. Internal battery mods are effectively disposable devices. High wattage mods are generally expensive enough people are loathe to throw them away just because a battery (or more likely a microUSB2 port) wears out. None the less they are made if you want one. They often have the advantage of being smaller than similarly powered removable battery mods though this is not always the case.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
The Flawless TugLyfe is a DNA 250 internal battery mod of extreme high quality, there is a 3s 1250 mah Li-Po inside which is managed properly.
ELeaf marketed an internal 3s mod, the QC200, excellent mod when it worked; it had a Qualcomm-compatible quick charger on board. Unfortunately, low voltage protection circuitry had a bug, this bricked the mod, so it was retired. I have it and really like.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It can be hard to find really great, internally powered mods that target those types of resistances. AFAIK, kind of "mainstream" would be Innoken overall, although I think their internal battery mods may not have reached the target wattage you are looking for. I think the reason being that an internal battery mod used at such high wattage is gong to need quite a bit of charging capacity, and can be hard on the internal battery's "useful life" and most folks are using external batteries in their more powerful devices.

I'd agree that maybe a custom mod manufacturer may be your best bet if this is something you "truly must have" and to be paying those prices I might also want to work out something where either the mod maker can replace the battery for you, and/or there is an easy way to do it yourself. I'd also be concerned about the USB port, and the ability to replace it when it wears out (although, if treated well, perhaps this may be less of a problem but it could always become one). So, if you were to shell out the kind of money I'm thinking that might cost, I would make good and sure that the "wearable" parts are also, via whatever method, the "repairable" parts. Etc.

Is there a reason you don't like removable battery mods?

Either way, best of luck.

Anna

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Nothing wrong with LiPo mods. I have several I built and have been in constant use for several years; never worn out a USB port (DNA boards). You'd be surprised the capacity of some small 3s LiPo
Discharge Rate: C rating (50C = 50 x Capacity (in Amps) Calculating the C-Rating of our example battery: 50 x 5 = 250A
Finding an off the shelf mod to meet your needs as has been stated may be challenging.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
DotMod is 200W internal battery, high end - exactly what you're asking for:
dotbox-200w-dotmod-e1498827835162.jpg

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
It can be hard to find really great, internally powered mods that target those types of resistances. AFAIK, kind of "mainstream" would be Innoken overall, although I think their internal battery mods may not have reached the target wattage you are looking for. I think the reason being that an internal battery mod used at such high wattage is gong to need quite a bit of charging capacity, and can be hard on the internal battery's "useful life" and most folks are using external batteries in their more powerful devices.

I'd agree that maybe a custom mod manufacturer may be your best bet if this is something you "truly must have" and to be paying those prices I might also want to work out something where either the mod maker can replace the battery for you, and/or there is an easy way to do it yourself. I'd also be concerned about the USB port, and the ability to replace it when it wears out (although, if treated well, perhaps this may be less of a problem but it could always become one). So, if you were to shell out the kind of money I'm thinking that might cost, I would make good and sure that the "wearable" parts are also, via whatever method, the "repairable" parts. Etc.

Is there a reason you don't like removable battery mods?

Either way, best of luck.

Anna

appreciate all the feedback from everyone!

to answer your question, i just like the ease of use of an internal, no moving parts to worry about so to speak. i know theyre just batteries but im not really a high watt vaper but certain coils and juice ive been using perform better at higher wattage...

smok just came out with the v-fin that im looking into...very reasonably priced compared to the custom mods that are several hundred bucks... i can get this one for under 50 bux.

8000mah battery - 160w

V-FIN - SMOK® Innovation keeps changing the vaping experience!

1520320378305.jpg

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
but im not really a high watt vaper but certain coils and juice ive been using perform better at higher wattage...
This seems a bit contradictory..... Though fair bit of warning if you're not into higher wattage vaping most smok products are made for that style (as i know of smok dosen't make anything for low watts)

I'm sure alot of people are gonna come out and say you can use sub 0hm coils at lower wattage but you'll never get the most out of them that way imo. to me integrated batteries are just more waste going into landfills as these mods aren't made to have user repleacable batteries. Again just my :2c: on the subject,at the end of the day it's your decision after all lolz.

• Agree

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
This seems a bit contradictory..... Though fair bit of warning if you're not into higher wattage vaping most smok products are made for that style (as i know of smok dosen't make anything for low watts)

I'm sure alot of people are gonna come out and say you can use sub 0hm coils at lower wattage but you'll never get the most out of them that way imo. to me integrated batteries are just more waste going into landfills as these mods aren't made to have user repleacable batteries. Again just my :2c: on the subject,at the end of the day it's your decision after all lolz.

i have a Crown 3 and a Smoke Prince tank....recommended wattage for crown is 55 - 65w while the smok is recommended at 60-100w.

the crown i vape at 45-55w with no issues. the smok is really need to be higher though, especially for certain juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread