100watt IPV4 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ggrhaulin

Mar 24, 2015
Atlanta, GA, USA
Anyone else going to preorder the 100w mod from a company I don't want to name? But it has the redesigned removable batteries with out screws?

I've had mine preordered since end of 2/20/15 and new release date is next week. Just wondering if the community wouldn't mind giving me advise on which tank I should use.

Last edited:

MikeB2Shady

Jan 29, 2015
NyC
I preordered mine. I look at this way, for $80 I'm getting a nice looking 100w device with a magnet door, that holds two 18650's for battery life. Adding the "new" YiHi SX330 V4S temp control chip is just a lil icing on the cake. If the temp control is broken out the gate, hopefully they can fix it with fw updates, if not...still not a huge loss. I use my iPV Mini 2 when I'm at work or out and about. My mech and Sigelei 150w stays at home. Depending how this iPV4 feels in hand, will be how I decide if it comes out with me or not. lol

Shipping is supposed to be within a week. We'll see.....

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
The place where I normally buy vape gear here in the UK doesn't allow pre-orders US style (and if I think, here nobody allows pre-order because legally can't sell things they don't have), so I am checking every now-and -then, last-minute auction-style when they are placed on sale.
I am interested in long runtime and precise adjustment at low power without PWM. I have high-power vape gear, but I use it to have fun from time to time, need to load special all-VG, 3 mg/ml e-liquid which lasts few draws, but I can make myself disappear, together with whatever else is in the room.
Few months ago I bought the M-class with the understanding that a firmware upgrade would have activated the temp control, to be told later that a new mod was required. So I am pointing to IPV4 for an attempt to temp control (although I am highly allergic to nickel), seen that the IPV4 has all the feature I like. Not many info about it; I seen it has a traditional jack connector for recharge, not the flimsy, re-purposed micro-USB jack. Wondering if it takes 5 Volt for recharge (in which case they should be stepped-up), or a 12 volt -which is more standard. Chinese-invented standard for charging 2-cell Li-Ion batteries -as it can be found in cheap base chargers for cameras or two-way radios- is a stabilised 10 Volt, so they can avoid all forms of heatsinking and use a SMD series-pass transistor (as in those 2$ USB eGo charger): I ardently hope they don't went that route in charging of the IPV4.
Nice wait everybody and vape on...

mjkspeaks

Apr 14, 2015
Chicago, IL
bought an all black ipv4 yesterday. worked perfect for 1 day and then it said "check atomizer" out of nowhere. tried different rda, same issue. tried a 3rd rda, same thing. Went to vape shop and exchanged for new. opened new unit and it looked used. Dents and scratches under the battery cover. returned to vape shop and got my cash back. sticking with my sigelei 150w. should have known the IPv4 was going to be garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread