Not open for further replies.

CaCHooKa Man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
From elev8vape's update page

*Update @ 9:07PM EST 8/5: There has been a rumor going around that we will not be receiving the units. Silvers are going out tomorrow, blacks will be going out on either Friday or Saturday, depending on customs. We will post a picture of the shipment coming in tomorrow and on Friday. Please do not believe rumors that come from a representative that is NOT our representative. These representatives have buyers that have lost a lot of business because our price was so great, so now they would like to have people cancel on us. Just a reminder, you always have the freedom of asking for a refund if you can not wait or do not feel comfortable. We do NOT hold anyone to it and do refund orders when asked. Thank you.

Dom NY

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
New York

CaCHooka Man,

Thanks for the heads up! Wow! Is this the work of "Budkiss" who just joined ECF last month, yet has been all over every single ipv 2 thread like a "virus", lol? OMG, I bet this whole "Skype interview" with pioneer4you was orchestrated by one of Elev8vape's competitors! This whole "interview" stinks of a male cow's excrement to me! Talk about people stooping so low to the point of being totally comfortable in attempting to hurt a company's business by resorting to the most unethical means imaginable.

matter

Jul 31, 2014
Santa Fe, NM
Thanks for the post!

This may seem unrelated, but it's not and I'll keep it short. I have a friend who wanted to get into vaping and being a good American was concerned about buying "made in China". I can totally relate, but told him there isn't much choice right now. So, my point is, when the heck are we going to see "made in USA" on vaping hardware? We need jobs, the demand is growing for vaping hardware and none of us want to send our money overseas. I wish I had the capital to start this business myself. Sadly, I expect to see big tobacco making overpriced non-rebuildable crap before we see a worthy US competitor with the right intention (helping people quit smoking affordably) behind their products. ;-(

Oh and I am still waiting to fire up my IPV2. Batteries should arrive tomorrow.

Dom NY

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
New York
Did such a thing actually happen? I looked into this and from what I could tell, he posted under a transparent username (elev8vapes or something similar), and he only relayed what P4U told him. The thing is, he wasn't lying. After mixed messages from P4U reps early on, my vendor was told outright that his order would not ship until the pricing was corrected with zero work-arounds (i.e. coupons), and that warranties would not be honored.

Personally, I think P4U is at least partially to blame here. I don't think they have any business telling vendors what to charge, and I suspect this is what caused P4U to cut elev8vape off.

Well said Steakjuice!
I wrote the following previously:

Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
CaCHooka Man,

Thanks for the heads up! Wow! Is this the work of "Budkiss" who just joined ECF last month, yet has been all over every single IPV 2 thread like a "virus", lol? OMG, I bet this whole "Skype interview" with Pioneer4You was orchestrated by one of Elev8vape's competitors! This whole "interview" stinks of a male cow's excrement to me! Talk about people stooping so low to the point of being totally comfortable in attempting to hurt a company's business by resorting to the most unethical means imaginable.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Ive not done biz with P4Y, but my fam has been doing biz with China for a very very long time.

I have a hard time believing P4Y cares about what retailers are charging.

If elev8 was giving them away free along with a crisp new hundred dollar bill do you think P4Y would care? They got their money.

Actually this would not be the first time a China manufacturer made a stink about vendor pricing...

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Welp. Got a reply from elev8.

"The reps at P4U really don't like us because we "stole" the business of their buyers by providing a lower price. This is why they are trying to have people cancel their order with us. Silver was released from customs today and will be here tomorrow. Black will be here Friday or Saturday.
"

Good thing is, we will be able to know the truth once and for all by this week. So yeap

Last edited:

stearic

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2012
Kansas
Another update from elev8vapes. Plot thickens.

*Update @ 12:57AM EST 8/6: It has been brought to our attention that there was a Skype interview done between ECF forum member "Budkiss". After speaking to P4Y and following up on member "Budkiss", we were able to identify that he is a vendor who is trying to spread a rumor saying that our order was cancelled and that we will no longer receive units from P4Y. It is very sad that this vendor has stooped so low to try to have customers lose faith in us. Silver units will be going out tomorrow, we will provide picture proof of their arrival from P4Y.

Sent from my Moto X.

Jomiz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Alabama
lol hilarious! +1 elev8
Another update from elev8vapes. Plot thickens.

*Update @ 12:57AM EST 8/6: It has been brought to our attention that there was a Skype interview done between ECF forum member "Budkiss". After speaking to P4Y and following up on member "Budkiss", we were able to identify that he is a vendor who is trying to spread a rumor saying that our order was cancelled and that we will no longer receive units from P4Y. It is very sad that this vendor has stooped so low to try to have customers lose faith in us. Silver units will be going out tomorrow, we will provide picture proof of their arrival from P4Y.

Sent from my Moto X.

LiveL0NGandVAP0R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
FL, USA
Seems to me like this interview might have been a bunch of bs. Isn't all the info, except the elev8 bit, including the two p4y names used already known from you tube vids and the comment sections from said vids? If the interview was with two lead design engineers would they really be privy to any info other than design and engineering?

Is there any screen shots from the interview, emails, and or any concrete evidence that proves any of this actually happened?

Dom NY

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
New York
BREAKING NEWS: iPV3 100watt interview with Pioneer4You

Late last night I had the wonderful opportunity to talk via Skype and two follow up emails with the lead design engineers at Pionner4You about the soon to be released iPV3 100 watt box mod. I want to share what I learned with you, my vape family. So here is the conversation verbatim. I hope you find it insightful.

“First, on behalf of the vape communality and box mod enthusiasts in the US, thank you for the amazing product in the recent release of the 50 watt iPV2. There is still a significant buzz on many of the forums and those amazing little boxes are being sold like hot cakes. Keep up the great work!

In an effort to help clarify some speculation about what you are about to release (as well as undo any rumors floating around) I wonder if you would take a few moments to answer a few questions.”

Q - IF the IPV3 is using the sx330 version 3 how does it have a usb port and how is it firmware upgradeable? The YiHi website specs says that chip will not do either. Please clarify.
A- I didn't say we use are using a sx330 v3 chip on this mod, so those specs are not right. It will be a 100 watt regulated box with step down technology.

Q – Hmmm. So what are the specs on the ‘mystery chip’ if not the YIHI sx330 v3? Can you share them with me or point me to an Internet link to read?
A - You can find all the details (we are releasing right now) on the YouTube videos. There is no link to read yet. I will say that the chip IS upgradeable via firmware downloads, the screen can be customized and changed, and by the end of the year it will fire up to120 and 150 watts

LINKs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHO9YbvaaSM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaz4HOhgjbA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDbxS3VLloM

Q - Will this box have only ONE 18650 battery (like iPV2)? For that kind of wattage it really could use two 18650’s and it looks like there IS room in the empty space in box to fit it.
A – The iPV3 will have two18650 batteries. The mod in the video is only a sample to show the chip and for that video we used the box of ipv2.

Q – So the iPV3 box will be different. Will the box dimensions be larger (due to 2 batteries)? If so, what are they?
A – I cannot release the dimensions yet but it will be slightly larger. (wider than iPV2).

Q - Can this box please have a magnetic closure on the back instead of those tiny screws (which seem to strip easily on the iPV2)?
A- The iPV3 will still use screws, but we will change the screws this time.

Q - So there will still be screws? Will there be 2 or 4? Will they be bigger than the iPV2 screws?
A – Yes, these will be different (larger) screws.

Q - Will the iPV3 still have touch fire?
A – Yes (as well as the normal fire button). Like the iPV2 the touch fire can be disabled.

Q - Will the unit still have a USB port and if so, will it be on the bottom to on the side?
A - Yes, there is a USB port and it will still be on the bottom.

Q – Sounds like an amazing new box. I am sure there will be a lot of excitement about this release. What is the estimated release date for the IPV3 mod?
A -The estimated release date will be Aug. 30.

Q - Can you give me an idea what the MSRP be on this IPV3?
A -We haven't decided the MSRP yet (but soon) We have set the price range to vendors based upon quantity.

Q - What colors will be made and will they all be available at the release date (or later)? Many people are still waiting for other colors in the ipv2.
A- The first batch of iPV3 will be black or silver. (The color ipv2’s are going out now.)

Q - VaporRange has advertised a “special edition iPV2” that is basically the same unit with a carbon fiber wrap and their logo. Are there any other limited edition/special edition IPV2’s coming out (and will there be any special or limited edition ipv3’s)? If so, can you describe?
A - No, no other iPV2 special editions at this time but I think there may be a limited edition/special edition iPV3 coming out.

Q – Please clarify something troubling many people. It appears that Elev8Vape (and a couple other vendors) were selling the IPV2 below MSRP ($79 via a “coupon”). They pre sold a bunch of units and now have a HUGE list of people still waiting for these to arrive. Rumor has it they got in trouble by P4Y for selling below your recommended price and you have limited their shipments. Can you verify if this is true? A lot of vape friends are waiting and wondering.
A - Elev8vape won't receive any more ipv2 (or for that matter any ipv3) from us. (He refused to comment further.)

Q - Lastly… can anyone buy these iPV3 units direct from you (individual or in bulk) or do we have to go through a vendor?
A -Because there is a MOQ (minimum order quantity) of 50 units you have to buy from vendors, so far as know, you can buy from eciggity.com

“I want to extend a huge thank you to Denny and David from Pioneer4You for being so helpful in answering these questions. Thank you SO much for your time and these amazing products. Keep up the great work!”

Wow Budkiss, really? You posted three (3) links in your post, insinuating that they were videos of your contrived Skype interview of a Pioneer 4 You representative, when meanwhile there is absolutely nothing in these videos to indicate any interview! Instead, these are videos posted on YouTube, late last month, of Asian people describing the IPV 2 device, and also indicating that in the future this device will be upgraded to put out 100 watts of power. There is no "interview" of anyone in these videos.

I see what you did... You concocted this entire "interview", "transcribing each question and answer verbatim" into your post. Then, you posted three irrelevant YouTube links, making it appear as if they were links of the Skype interview you conducted of a Pioneer 4 You employee.

I know why you took this approach... You were betting on the stupidity, laziness, and gullibilty of the average ECF schmuck to not take the time to watch an entire video clip of an Asian persion describing the Pioneer 4 You video in broken English, which I'll admit, can be quite annoying and painful to do, lol. You thought the average forum member would simply take it for granted that the three video links you posted were indeed video clips of your interview.

You're some piece of work, Budkiss! Wow!

Why don't you tell us all who you really are? Obviously, you are a competitor of your target, "Elev8Vape". Your business must really be hurting badly for you to resort to such means! I actually feel sorry for you in a way. Who knows, you might have have been motivated to pull this scam for a noble cause afterall. Maybe you have starving kids at home (due to your failed business) who's mouths you need to feed. And this is the only way you thought you'd be able to accomplish that, by slandering your competition. Maybe Elev8vape will be sympathetic to you, and lend/grant you some financial aid out of pity...

On a serious note though, I'm deeply offended by your actions, as I'm sure every ECF member is too, after seeing how you tried to pull the wool over our eyes, to benefit your own business! If the true name of your Vape business is ever revealed, it will sink faster than the Titanic, as I'm confident no one here would even consider giving you the time of day, much less doing business with you. I'm repulsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread