120ml Plastic Bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Why do they all leak? I always get that bead or 2 of juice running off the top of the bottle when I fill a tank or drip.

What type of plastic are the ones you're using? Are they the totally clear, harder to squeeze PET plastic? Or the really easy-to-squeeze, translucent, LDPE or PP ones? I use them (the LDPE or PP) in various sizes and haven't had any leak yet. From your description of the drop or 2 running off the top...I'm thinking they're the PET ones, likely the approx. 24mm diameter unicorn type ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If you mean these bottles...

bottle-8oz.jpg

with these spouts (I believe they are called yorker spouts)...

yorker.jpg

I feel your pain. The liquid leaks from the threads when you squeeze to hard too many times. It's annoying. I take a clean nail of some sort and widen the hole in the spout so I don't have to squeeze too hard to get liquid out. But it still leaks every once in a while.

But they are better than these spouts...

twistcaps_5.jpg

They're great at first, but over time they inner part of the adjustable spout wears. It traps liquid inside and then at the point where it is worn liquid leaks out of it when you go tip the bottle. So I went back to yorker spouts.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited:
    Reactions: stols001

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Thumbs up on enlarging the opening - great idea, I never thought of it.
    :thumbs:

If you mean these bottles...

bottle-8oz.jpg

with these spouts (I believe they are called yorker spouts)...

yorker.jpg

I feel your pain. The liquid leaks from the threads when you squeeze to hard too many times. It's annoying. I take a clean nail of some sort and widen the hole in the spout so I don't have to squeeze too hard to get liquid out. But it still leaks every once in a while.

But they are better than these spouts...

twistcaps_5.jpg

They're great at first, but over time they inner part of the adjustable spout wears. It traps liquid inside and then at the point where it is worn liquid leaks out of it when you go tip the bottle. So I went back to yorker spouts.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    The new v3 Chubby Gorilla's are a big improvement over the originals. I'd lose as much as 10% out of the latter if I refilled a lot. The tip was very leaky. All better now with the new cap design (which I don't think fits the earlier bottles). The downside is the spouts for both v3 are very tight. If you recycle them as I do you'll have to keep a pen knife or similar to pop the spout tip from its seat.

Really like PET clear Boston Round with the above twist spouts. Very useful for storing flavorings or completed recipes and refilling smaller dispensers. The larger Chubby's, old or new spout/cap, have a very narrow tip for refilling. Granted that as mentioned you can open up the very pointed tip a bit the flow is still less than a twist spout. Well, less ya mangle it.

If you have a bunch of the older common Yorker spout bottles, keep 'em. They make excellent dispensers for common household cleaner mixes like Borax, H202, Vinegar, etc. solutions. They just must be stored standing as not leak-proof, PIA.

Good luck all. :)

Better together is no substitute for better yourself.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread