14500 - so small !

Status
Not open for further replies.

vengaman

Verified Member
May 18, 2014
Sydney, AUS
so cleaned, upgraded and working. my OG mini 14500 is powering along.

firstly, when you look at it next to a 2.1, it doesn't 'look' very different' in your hand / pocket its soo much smaller - small enough that even the RM2 catches the door a little if you schlonk it upward. not sure on the battery life yet, but looks like I would need a few to get through a day. thankfully I never leave home without at least 2 Reos - this one makes a perfect, occasional pocket mod for going out to meetings etc.

small.jpg

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
With an RM2 w/ 1.5-ish ohm coil, I carry 2 spare black AW 14500s + a fresh one in the Mini + a spare bottle of juice for an ~8 hour day to vape ~4.5 ml or so. If I'm behind on charging and am using my red AW IMR 14500s like in your pic, I carry 3 extras + the one in the mini to get through ~ 4.5 ml or so and it's still running pretty good when I get home.

pnyc

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
xXx
Nice mod you have there. However, I would pay attention to your AW 14500 there - doesn't look to be authentic (wrong printing and funny looking label).

so cleaned, upgraded and working. my OG mini 14500 is powering along.

firstly, when you look at it next to a 2.1, it doesn't 'look' very different' in your hand / pocket its soo much smaller - small enough that even the RM2 catches the door a little if you schlonk it upward. not sure on the battery life yet, but looks like I would need a few to get through a day. thankfully I never leave home without at least 2 Reos - this one makes a perfect, occasional pocket mod for going out to meetings etc.

small.jpg

pnyc

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
xXx
OK. It must be a 3 year old battery then. AW changed the wrapper 3-4 years ago to include the recycle/CE/RoHS markings as required by shipping/import regulations. Good to know you still have an old AW working. The oldest working AW I have seen is 5 years old 18650.

its authentic, just not as new as the new label versions ;)

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
OK. It must be a 3 year old battery then. AW changed the wrapper 3-4 years ago to include the recycle/CE/RoHS markings as required by shipping/import regulations.

Not sure if the 14500s got new wrappers that long ago. The black ones got updated wrappers long before the red ones.

Far left - 08/2011 from COV (kept 6 together that all still work, but really are plenty old enough to toss)
Middle IMR 06/2012 Lighthound (bought 6 - 2 got wet and thrown away - 4 still work)
Far right IMR 10/2012 RTD (bought 4 - all still work and are what I use when not using the black ones in my mini)
The li-on is fairly new (less than a year), but the wrapper is identicle to others I have around here much older.

aw14500.jpg

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Is this size still made? I have a 2.1 mini.

No. The Subtle Hint Committee has been doing it's thing for quite some time but the Receiver of Subtle Hints has remained silent on this matter. Right now the only option* is stalking and pouncing the classifieds.

*There is also a 14500 Woodvil, but the difference between a 14500 Woodvil and the 18490 Woodvil isn't as "drastic" in comparison.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
The Mini isn't much bigger than a Zippo lighter.

I love the Mini's I have just for the form factor.

From the beginning it was apparent that most people wanted a larger battery than the 14500.

Now with the use of RBA's on our REO's the 14500 isn't usually a first choice.

I do think many of the Mini's are still in use and well loved by very special Reonauts!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
My only 14500 mod is a GP Piccolo. It's fun with a GP Sheroid, By Leo Sophia in a Slim tank and other small form factor toppers. But the batts just don't last long with my long lung hits, so I seldom use it. My Mini 2.1 on the other hand can handle my lung hits wy more than long enough for what I use it for... multiple evening walks, running errands, and around the house as well along with my other Reo's. Even so, like with the OVVG, I'd probably snag one if I got the chance to add to the Reo family as part of their history. A surprise I wasn't counting on... the original vintage VVG has become a favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread