$150 to blow on a nice PV. Help me decide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

noss

Verified Member
Jul 11, 2010
Iowa
I love birthdays. Nobody knows what to buy me, so it turns into cash.

I currently use the 510, mostly dripping 100% PG onto regular joye atomizers.

I'm just looking for... more.

I have been eyeballing the GLV-2 at 5v, and think that from what I have seen here this is likely what I will buy. However, the only PV I have any experience with is this 510. I get a little flavor, a little vapor, and a little throat hit. I just want more. I see videos of the GLV-2 on youtube and people are getting CLOUDS of vapor.

Is there anything else I should be considering? Opinions and links are appreciated.

Nikhil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Louisville, KY

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
Happy Birthday wishes and the GLV-2 is a great unit. I saw by your comment that you are looking for clouds of vapor. While a Mod can assist with this, I would also like to point out that the juice you use will also effect this. You are using a 100% PG juice and if you get a juice with some VG in it, this will also help give you the clouds of vapor you are looking for.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
I love my glv's and the only thing I wish is that he had a vv -- but the third edition is supposed to in a couple weeks/months, mattering on the thread you're monitoring! :laugh:

The durability of the mod and the paint job, the switch and its placement on the mod, ease of use and well sealed connection, the video reviews, and customer service makes it the one to buy in my book. One of the best ways to tell how much a mod is loved is by how much it appears in the classifieds; buzzes, glvs, reos and kajis never last more than a couple hours, almost all the others can linger for days. As far as the afs, I like my reo more than the kaji I had, they are great for driving or if you have one arm like my dad did! :lol: He always said he hated rowing, always went in a circle -- sorry, ot! Just my :2c:

Chingas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2010
Billings, MT
If I could blow $150 on 1 PV I'd save until I had ~$200 and go for a Precious L v2 with a juice dispenser. Medium sized with a sleek look that can be upgraded with colors and engraving plus it is waterproof, has on-the-fly variable voltage with a memory and many user options. Especially if I loved 510's, which I don't.

noss

Verified Member
Jul 11, 2010
Iowa
Happy Birthday wishes and the GLV-2 is a great unit. I saw by your comment that you are looking for clouds of vapor. While a Mod can assist with this, I would also like to point out that the juice you use will also effect this. You are using a 100% PG juice and if you get a juice with some VG in it, this will also help give you the clouds of vapor you are looking for.

I guess I should have finished what I started to say above. I use 100% PG because I also have some 100%VG and some 50/50, some 75% PG, and the 100% PG is the only one that gives anything near a satisfying experience on my 510. I am hoping, and perhaps you all can correct me if I am wrong, that going up to 5v will afford me a slightly better TH with more VG in the mix, thus satisfying the clouds of vapor item.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
Before you invest in a 5V or even a variable volt, you might want to try a LR atomizer or cartomizer. I smoked two packs a day for 35 years, and I find I can only use the 5V passthrough and LR atties in moderation, else it feels like I've been on a cigarette 3-pack binge. I was sure that I would want a variable voltage until I had tried those, and now I know, at least for now, that a 3.7 is just fine, and gives me the option to toss on a LR attie on the occasion that I may want a little more "oomph" for a flavor.

son et lumiere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Earth
Ya I almost got precious but I got the buzz instead because of the variable voltage and because it's well built and it has a button instead of a touch sensor. If the precious m took cr2's for 6 volt vaping I would buy one. I heard that the precious m took cr2's and 14500 but I posted in the precious thread and caeser said the precious m didnt take cr2's. The precious L is only about .25 inches smaller than the buzz too. I just like variable voltage to much plus more color options. Not to mention that notcigs.com is in the us so if I ever had a problem with it getting it fixed would be much easier.

Last edited:

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Cant really recommend any mod that cost that much because I'd never spend that much on one.

I would highly recommend looking into some kind of juice dispensing mod if I was going to blow that kind of money on a PV as that is the only feature I could want that's not widely available in regular models yet.

Remember to look at what you have now voltage, ohm, etc. This is your baseline. If you know what you've got then you know how to replicate or enhance that experience with your new mod. Nothing would be worse than spending $150 on something that's just not what you are looking for.

This would make me tend to agree with the variable voltage idea as well. Another good feature not common to standard units.

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
The Oil Coast, AL
I'd honestly suggest an entirely mechanical mod, US made or if you are European the GGTS (such as the Omega or the Precise) and buy the new Terminator variable voltage attachment from notcigs. I own an Omega and while I love it I'm about to purchase a Precise because it incorporates all of the features that I love about the Omega plus a lifetime warranty. But the Omega is probably more in your price range.

The advantage of pure mechanical? You don't have a button randomly crap out on you.

dshack

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I bought a $15 USB 5 volt passthourgh from Electro-Nix-Stix so I could check out 5v before dropping the $$$ on a mod.
510 DIRECT PASSTHROUGH (NO IN-LINE BATTERY BOX)
I was SOLD in the first 10 seconds! Also the GLV-2 is my #1 pick for mods. I've done a lot of research and it seems like one of the best mods on the market.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Another vote for the Buzz - though I did look at the GLV2 as well when i was looking for something more badass than my eGo to use at home. I'm very happy with the Buzz - I got a 510 one so I can use all the same atties and I had some batteries from when I had my minivapestack. Ooh there's another idea - a minivapestack with the extension so you can have either 3.7 or 6v vaping - madvapes sell those btw.
Out of the 2 of those ideas Id still get a Buzz cos its just so darn versatile.

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
I bought a $15 USB 5 volt passthourgh from Electro-Nix-Stix so I could check out 5v before dropping the $$$ on a mod.
510 DIRECT PASSTHROUGH (NO IN-LINE BATTERY BOX)
I was SOLD in the first 10 seconds! Also the GLV-2 is my #1 pick for mods. I've done a lot of research and it seems like one of the best mods on the market.

While I do love the GLV...there are a couple of things about it that should be better...

The inside of the headcap is not sealed. You can see the homemade connection pin and the wiring that runs through, along with the resistor (if you have the 5v version). Just seems like it should be sealed off for multiple reasons. It also gets to be annoying that it won't really stand up on its own. This is due to the odd weight distribution of having the atomizer offset. The atomizer connection is also not sealed...and you can see the connection wiring.

That being said, I do REALLY REALLY like the GLV2, and briefly had the GLV1 (sent it back to get it upgraded).

I still think in terms of long-term use and durability that the Silver Bullet takes the cake.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Variable voltage is nice (I own a Fistpack) but juice delivery is the biggest problem. I'd consider one of these Welcome to R&R Manufacturing - Handcrafted Battery Box Mods. It does 3.7v using an 18650 battery and 6v with 2 CR123's. He's coming out with a VV version shortly. Unless you want to drip all day, any mod that doesn't address juice delivery is non-functional IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread