165w, 0.01ohm - IPV3 Update!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaLung22

Moved On
Sep 3, 2014
NY
I just got word of this, early December upgrade for the IPV3!! Firmware upgrade will raise its watt limit to 165watts. And more imprtantely, reading ohms to the hundredth, 0.01 ohm display!
Man, now I'm really glad I snagged 1 of these last night. For just under $100 at eciggity with "blackfriday" coupon! :p

I just joined an "ipv Owner's Group" on Facebook, and somebody posted a pic of the SX chip at 165watts, and ohm-display accuracy showing 0.01/hundredth of an ohm! I've been debating between the ipv, sigelei 100w Plus, and Sig150w for months now. Even after I finally made my purchase last night, I was still weary if I made the right choice. If this is true, I will know for sure that I did!
... He said this upgrade will be available to the IPV3 in early December!! The 0.01 ohm upgrade alone makes me extremely happy I grabbed 1, if this is true.
:D
What great timing. I'm just bummed I got the new version with charging disabled, and the screws will be a pain.

But I don't think I'll regret buying the IPV3 over the Sig's, if this update is true. Got a great deal (cheapest I've heard of), can't wait til it's here!

I got the update on mine already working like a charm I love that it finally reads down to .00 so much nicer than just seeing .1 or .2 I like actually knowing no issues so far seems really stable although they should have made it much easier to install some are really struggling if anyone has got it to go through on xp let me know I got someone I tried to help for quite awhile and they can't get it to go through on xp, I did mine on windows 7 with little issues so not sure whats going on there

Faid

Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Pretty Easy to do install
1. Download files
2. Install Yihi software
3. add .SXI to the upgrade file
4. take out the batteries and plug in the USB cable (make sure device is turned off)
5. open software and click connection
6. click connect device and then hit install driver
7. hit the back return button and click on upgrade
8. click open file and select the file.
9. hit upgrade and wait 10 sec.
enjoy the new upgrade.

So far i have not experience any problem with mine.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
Pretty Easy to do install
1. Download files
2. Install Yihi software
3. add .SXI to the upgrade file
4. take out the batteries and plug in the USB cable (make sure device is turned off)
5. open software and click connection
6. click connect device and then hit install driver
7. hit the back return button and click on upgrade
8. click open file and select the file.
9. hit upgrade and wait 10 sec.
enjoy the new upgrade.

So far i have not experience any problem with mine.

Thanks for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread