165w, 0.01ohm - IPV3 Update!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
Mine was working fine last night after the update, but all day today my ohm reading has been jumping around very many times from 1.33-2.20 ohms and half the time this is giving me a burnt hit cuz it's adjusting the voltage each time. Quite annoying

Apparently I was having 510 connection issues with my Lemo, that was causing the variation

AquaLung22

Moved On
Sep 3, 2014
NY
Lol I don't think he does wrice.. Maybe you can go to a library and do it (although my public library uses Mac's as well, I believe), or maybe a local college/university? A school might charge you a small fee to use their computers.

Keep the feedback coming guys. My IPV3 should be here tomorrow or Thurs.
.... I'm wondering how well the update is working, compared to the 150w version. If it's accurate, and if the accuracy is the same or better than before
:)

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO
I updated my firmware a few days ago and so far so good.

I think there is a good chance someone can intercept the firmware in an unencrypted state as its being sent to the sx330 via usb -- really there is nothing keeping this from supporting nickle wire/temp control other than a bit of code to monitor resistance as it fires and stop the flow of power at X ohms. anyone know of a good usb sniffer for windows that allows export of full non-truncated packet contents to csv or something? it would be great to try to snag and disassemble / decompile the firmware then we could tweek it a bit -- I tried a couple USB sniffers but i haven't found a way to export the firmware package easily from those yet.

Last edited:

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO
Anyone aware of a Mac version? I have zero PC hardware available to me at home, work, from family or even close friends. Not interested in installing Parallels just to get this working.

Cheers

do they have WINE for mac? just a thought... but otherwise it might be time to bite the bullet and install a windows VM/dual boot. you have to install the software so going to kinkos or the library isn't likely to be an option. or maybe put it on a usb stick and do some "testing" at the local computer stores laptop section. ;)

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
Great to hear, wrice! I was gonna grab a Lemo with my IPV. But decided to go with the "Eciggity/EHPro Billow Tank" - I like the T-post dual-coil design it has, and great airflow. It will be my 1st RTA style tank ever so I hope I like it.

Can't wait for my IPV3!

First off I my ipv3 is my favorite device I have ever owned and I love it. My Lemo is my favorite rta I have ever owned, with my kayfun lite being second.

After I was a noob and fixed my loose 510 connection everything worked fine. Update has been working flawlessly for me besides that.!

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
I did the update just a few moments ago. I was having a problem with the ipv3 connecting to my comp to do the update. Turned out that the ipv3 likes a 2.0 usb port and I have 3.0 usb ports. Ended up having to plug my cord into my 2.0 sata port to complete the upgrade. So if anyone encounters my problem that should be a solution.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
I did the update just a few moments ago. I was having a problem with the ipv3 connecting to my comp to do the update. Turned out that the ipv3 likes a 2.0 usb port and I have 3.0 usb ports. Ended up having to plug my cord into my 2.0 sata port to complete the upgrade. So if anyone encounters my problem that should be a solution.

Had the same issue, didn't think to post it on the forums.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I can't help wondering, if the hardware for these things is capable of delivering 165W and then perhaps 200W, why aren't they programmed to do this from the start? Although I don't know much about about programming these things, it doesn't seem like changing some values to output greater power would be a big challenge, Any ideas?

johnnyyjung

Nov 27, 2014
anaheim
Anyone who has done this upgrade noticed any inaccuracies in reading the resistance of your atty?

Prior to the update, I had a 0.29 ohm coil, and it would read out 0.3 ohms. At first, I thought it just rounded up.

After the update, it now reads 0.37 ohms. Is this something I should be concerned with? The device is thinking it's a higher resistance coil, when in fact its lower.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
Anyone who has done this upgrade noticed any inaccuracies in reading the resistance of your atty?

Prior to the update, I had a 0.29 ohm coil, and it would read out 0.3 ohms. At first, I thought it just rounded up.

After the update, it now reads 0.37 ohms. Is this something I should be concerned with? The device is thinking it's a higher resistance coil, when in fact its lower.

Just out of curiosity, what are you using to determine that the resistance is 0.29 ohm?

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas

Everything I put on my ohm reader matches what the ipv3 says, within a +/- .01 ohm....pretty close in my opinion.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I used an Ohm meter I got from a shop.

I measured a known coils resistance, and then I accounted for how off the meter is (.02)

Why do you think the ohm meter is more accurate and off by 0.02 ohm? I mean, it could be, but reading very small resistances accurately is not an easy trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread