18350 battery question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slabb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2012
St. Louis
I have been looking and looking but can't find my answer. I recently got a Vamo. I also bought 2x Efest 18350 batteries that say 3.7 volts on there. To charge this I bought a TrustFire Mulitifunctional charger.

Here's the question. My charger has a button on the side saying 3.0v and 3.6v. Last night when I went to charge it, the lights never went green. I assume it's because the battery wasn't full, and at only 3.6v.

Ok, seriously, here's the question... Do I need to get a new charger? How long do these usually take to charge? I figure that until I can go to my B&M later today, I will just have to figure out something.

justinred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2012
PH
Set it to 3.6 volts. Shouldn't take more than two hours to fully charge an 18350. Just to check, if your charger has two slots, you are placing one battery on each slot and not two in a series in one slot right? If you are willing to buy a new charger, get a better branded one, Pila and xtar are known good brands.

Slabb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2012
St. Louis
Thanks! I put them in when I posted this. I am putting 1 in each slot. No worries there. I just got nervous because they didn't turn green after 4 hours, and I thought they'd charge relatively quickly. My old setup was Twists x2 and that charge time was around 3 hours. But I'll just throw them in one at a time in the Vamo and see what the charge on them is after a few hours.

I'll go to my B&M today. I think they have a few options. What about an Efest charger, beings that it's the same brand as the batteries?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread