18350 - Endangered Species?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bask

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2012
The Euroneous Zone
I don't know, I figured the 18350's would've gone the way of the dinosaur years ago, but here we are. Still going with the Vapcells and Keeppowers. I mean, I gotta fill in an e-mail address for a stock notification every once in a while, but there are definitely a few applications for them still out there.

The 14xxx and 16xxx are definitely done in vaping, but there are some flashlights out there that still use them. So I'm still running a 14650 Dicodes mod and pretty much the only option is Efest. There are some other batteries out there, usually brandless from China, but haven't had to go that route yet. I got some 30awg/0.25mm KA-1 to get to 1.8ohm coils for my Dvarw16 so I don't have to change batteries 3 times a day. :p

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I once goggled adaptors and ended up on some flashlight forums. Those guys are pretty inventive when it comes to batteries. I saw pics of flat top batteries with perfect domes of solder on the positive terminal. There was a bunch of home made adaptors too.

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
I think with the number of other devices that use them I think your safe with your batteries. The thing would concern me is should something happen to your device are there anymore on the market. For that reason it would keep me from hoarding batteries. As long as there is a demand for small led flashlight and a with a low mah, you should be fine.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I think with the number of other devices that use them I think your safe with your batteries. The thing would concern me is should something happen to your device are there anymore on the market. For that reason it would keep me from hoarding batteries. As long as there is a demand for small led flashlight and a with a low mah, you should be fine.

My thinking is just the opposite, which was the point of this thread.

I have many 18350 mods and was wondering if 18350 was most likely going to become extinct in, say, 3-5 years. If they are, then that would prompt me to hoard 18350s in order to keep my 18350 mods from becoming paper weights.

rob33

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2009
    A World Traveler
    My thinking is just the opposite, which was the point of this thread.

I have many 18350 mods and was wondering if 18350 was most likely going to become extinct in, say, 3-5 years. If they are, then that would prompt me to hoard 18350s in order to keep my 18350 mods from becoming paper weights.

If you are flush on devices then you are set.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Never tried a Keepower

KeepPower are very solid batteries. I use the 18350's and also 26650's.
    I can't comment on how long they last as I've only had them a couple of months but they are very good quality batteries:thumb:

bask

ECF Veteran
    Dec 17, 2012
    The Euroneous Zone
    blue no name flat tops I got with my ZMax Minis and Epipe clones, rated at 750mah

I've only used the black Keeppowers and Vapcells (1200 and 1100 mah, though Mooch says 1000), but they've been performing great. The Vapcells last me a day and a half until my Bantam shows 3 stripes battery and the sag starts to become noticable. Mind you this is on 10.5 watts @ 1.9 ohm.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The 20350 and 20650 will be depreciated long before the 18350.

Funny you mention that. Ijoy made a dual 20350 mod. It was on sale for next to nothing. But when I searched for 20350 batts I couldn't find any for sale anywhere except for a few places that sold the Ijoy branded 20350 but out of stock.

Last edited:
    • Optimistic
    Reactions: HigherStateD

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    KeepPower are very solid batteries. I use the 18350's and also 26650's.
    I can't comment on how long they last as I've only had them a couple of months but they are very good quality batteries:thumb:

I was going to buy a Keepower 18350 but I found the Epoch 18350 on sale for $3 and Mooch says the Keepower 10A, Vapcell 9A and Epoch 9A are most likely the same battery (YDL 18350D), so I'm gonna go for the Epoch and see how they perform over my Efest purples.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Thanks to you guys I grabbed a couple of those Epoch 18350s and brought this little guy back to life. I forgot how much I like this little dude
    Rave Mini 18350 Squonker.jpg

Had to re-wrap because well, Ultem

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Too soon to tell, I got nic-sick and had to put it down:blush: But it was rockin' for quite a while!

It's been some time since I used my purples, and I really don't remember how long they lasted. I'd do a comparison but they're pretty old and I'm not sure if I trust them even tho they have very few hours logged

edit: I dated them 4/2014!!!
    What do you think about those epochs?

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I noticed an improvement with the Epochs as soon as I used them. In regulated mods they lasted longer but where I really noticed the improvement over the efest purples was in a mech. The sag was much less. Of course, I compared them back to back as well as on a meter so I not only felt the difference but was able to see it too :D

I'll never buy an efest purple again at any price. In fact, I may never buy any other 18350 if it's not a YDL 18350D.

• Informative
    Reactions: BNEAT
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread