18350 mech's.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
.63 ohm? I am certainly no expert, but on a mech mod that would really be pushing an 18350 to the extreme. That's kinda scary!
You're an adult and I certainly wouldn't presume to tell you what to do, but be careful.

Not even close to pushing the battery too far. Don't believe the hype.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
With a fully charged battery that's 6.66 amps. I use purple Efests with an amp rating of 10.5. That should leave me with a good safety margin. I'd never use red Efests or AWs anywhere near that low a resistance.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Err, not necessarily ... I posted a link in this thread to a battery test for the purple Efest 350, and at 5A AW out performs the purple Efest from 3.8-3.479v. Have you read the test results yourself?

My point is, if Efest being a 10.5A rated battery couldn't out perform AW at 5A, I doubt that it can pull 6.66A in impressive fashion. Efest is known for exaggerated amp ratings. Sunvaper's conducted an in house test on the purple Efest 30A vs Sony VTC4 or 5, and the tester said that the Efest nearly went into thermal runaway when pushed to 20A, which is 10A below the manufacturer's rating.

I feel comfortable using the purple Efest 350's for how I vape (3-3.5A), even as AW is better, and what I prefer, AW does not make flat tops. I definitely would not want to use a purple Efest 350 for applications requiring more than 5A. And not so much out of fear of a thermal runaway, but simply as a matter of performance. I mean, it can't out best an AW at half of its max amp rating :blink:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Err, not necessarily ... I posted a link in this thread to a battery test for the purple Efest 350, and at 5A AW out performs the purple Efest from 3.8-3.479v. Have you read the test results yourself?

My point is, if Efest being a 10.5A rated battery couldn't out perform AW at 5A, I doubt that it can pull 6.66A in impressive fashion. Efest is known for exaggerated amp ratings. Sunvaper's conducted an in house test on the purple Efest 30A vs Sony VTC4 or 5, and the tester said that the Efest nearly went into thermal runaway when pushed to 20A, which is 10A below the manufacturer's rating.

I feel comfortable using the purple Efest 350's for how I vape (3-3.5A), even as AW is better, and what I prefer, AW does not make flat tops. I definitely would not want to use a purple Efest 350 for applications requiring more than 5A. And not so much out of fear of a thermal runaway, but simply as a matter of performance. I mean, it can't out best an AW at half of its max amp rating :blink:

I've seen the tests at Dampfakkus.de (also compared with the purple EHs, as I suspect they are the same batteries). It is true that the Efest lags slightly behind the AW from 3.8-3.5v at a 5 amp draw, but when looking at the 10 amp pulse comparison curve the Efests are more stable and give out more juice before going below 3v (maintaining a temperature of 33.4 degrees Celsius at that point). While the test curve is very confusing to me it would seem to indicate that the Efest can handle the high amp load better than the AW.

I wouldn't go any lower than where I'm now, and will shoot for a higher resistance when I build a new coil, but my batteries don't get hot so they are doing ok at least.

A while back I got a short and was stupid enough to test fire more than a few times before I realised what was happening (don't try this at home kids). The battery drained to under 3v, but was still quite cool. I was lucky, yes, but the battery did manage to survive an insane amp load.

EDIT: I wanted to add that I wouldn't suggest or recommend anyone to go as low as 0.63 with any 18350.

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I've seen the tests at Dampfakkus.de (also compared with the purple EHs, as I suspect they are the same batteries). It is true that the Efest lags slightly behind the AW from 3.8-3.5v at a 5 amp draw, but when looking at the 10 amp pulse comparison curve the Efests are more stable and give out more juice before going below 3v (maintaining a temperature of 33.4 degrees Celsius at that point). While the test curve is very confusing to me it would seem to indicate that the Efest can handle the high amp load better than the AW.

I wouldn't go any lower than where I'm now, and will shoot for a higher resistance when I build a new coil, but my batteries don't get hot so they are doing ok at least.

A while back I got a short and was stupid enough to test fire more than a few times before I realised what was happening (don't try this at home kids). The battery drained to under 3v, but was still quite cool. I was lucky, yes, but the battery did manage to survive an insane amp load.

EDIT: I wanted to add that I wouldn't suggest or recommend anyone to go as low as 0.63 with any 18350.

I appreciate that ^ ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread