18500 in provari mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Provape recommends using only AW IMR batteries. 18500 batteries are either "protected" NCR batteries (not recommended) or batteries without a button top (The Provari's are designed to accept only button top batteries).

So no, an 18500 battery will NOT work in a Mini with the battery extension cap. This is the one you need: Batteries : AW IMR 18490 3.7v 1100mAh

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Provape recommends using only AW IMR batteries. 18500 batteries are either "protected" NCR batteries (not recommended) or batteries without a button top (The Provari's are designed to accept only button top batteries).

So no, an 18500 battery will NOT work in a Mini with the battery extension cap. This is the one you need: Batteries : AW IMR 18490 3.7v 1100mAh

If it's a Provari use only what they recomend. Little cost for the warranty and comfort of knowledge. RTD vapors has really good prices on AW IMR batteries. And I've found with my mechanicals that that little 5mm difference is a lot more than you might realize.
Genuine AW Batteries at RTD Vapor

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I have a AW 18500 IC that is in rotation into with 2 other AW 18490 IMR's for my Provari Mini. Works Fine.

But then again, I'm not Vaping at Voltages/Ohms that Exceed the Amp Limit of the AW 18500 IC.

And that's the key. Understanding how a booster ckt works, and the battery C rating required to properly power them is why Provape recommends the AW IMR 18490. It just keeps folks from trying to ask a battery to do what it was never designed to do.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    And that's the key. Understanding how a booster ckt works, and the battery C rating required to properly power them ...

You've got that right.

When I first came to the ECF, I didn't give Batteries all that much Thought. There all the Same... Right?

The I started to read thread about how Different batteries Really are. And what the "C" meant. And how to think about how many Amps a PV could pull for a given Carto/Clearo at a given voltage.

Really opened my eyes to what was going on.

Like I said, for me and the way I use my Provari, Many Non-IMR batteries are fine.

But if someone asked me what type of Batteries they should use, I tell them AW IMR's. Because they wouldn't be asking if they knew. And the AW IMR's are some of the Better IMR's out there for what Many people want thee Provari to Do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread