18650 full charge voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I wonder if a very weak battery could cause improper readings on a multimeter?

I checked the battery with the working multimeter and was good...
I wonder also if it could cause wrong reading if it was low...
Just guessing maybe in voltage readings u won't have problem but maybe u have on measuring resistance?
I have used multi in past tho with screen getting dim cause of low battery and it was working well then tho....but was checking voltage

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It was my first and the cheapest multimeter ever lol i had it for 15 years I think and just had it at home for simple readings like house batteries and that stuff....served me well...
I closeeeeeee myyyyyy eyeeeeeeeeees
Only for a moment and the moment's goneeeeeee

Duuuuuuuuuuust in the wind
My multi now is dust in the wiiiiiindddd

Ohhhhhhhh aaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa

I have high end VOM meters that cost more than I wanted to pay, as well as a number of cheapo Harbor Freight meters that I don't mind keeping in a vehicle, the basement, or wherever I need a meter. If resistance and voltage readings are all you need, those low end meters will suffice. Compare readings with a trusted meter to verify that they match readings within spec.

Last edited:
Reactions: Superuser187

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I wonder if a very weak battery could cause improper readings on a multimeter?

It depends on the meter but absolutely yes. I’ve had that happen even with Fluke meters when I ignored the low battery indicator. Replace the battery as soon as the meter says it’s low (if it has an indicator for that).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread