The important thing is that it works! I used a 3/4 inch brass pipe, 2 end caps (which I thought were brass, turned out they weren't), a n/o switch, some wire scrapped out of an old computer, epoxy, a 510 battery connector, couple of springs off of my sons old toys, and a little plastic off an old skoal can. 1. The caps not being brass kinda messed me up, as I had to solder the negative spring to the brass pipe. I'll probably see if I can find some copper or brass caps to replace these with. This way the battery connector won't need a wire coming down to the pipe.....There is one plus though. I now have a rubber band holding the negative cable to the pipe, and when I'm done vaping, I can pull the negative wire out and I won't have an accidental activation. 2. I put some plastic under the positive spring in the top cap, which I probably didn't need since the cap is not grounded, but if it was, I would think I need the plastic. I run the wire to the switch, and from the switch to the positive post on the battery connector It's not pretty, but for my first one, I was just glad it worked. It does hit great!!