Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I'd suggest a regulated device such as the Sigelei 150W Box Mod and a simple RDA like the Mutation X.
Those would be a good starting platform for what you are trying to do, and as an added bonus the mod will keep you safe and prevent firing coils that are shorted or too low on the ohms.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
That'll get you where you wanna go... in the mean time if you truly want a mechanical mod then you'll have time to research battery safety, ohms law, practice coil building, etc., etc.

Click the link in my signature titled "Bad's Awesome Blog" for a good start on your safety research. I hope this helps you, KoDdy... stay safe and vape on!

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
Segelei 100 plus or the 150 for mods. These will keep you from having to re-invest any time soon. As for rda's, I would look for one that has nice sized holes for your coils, decent juice wells, and has easy access to build on. I use a Royal Hunter which I think has all of these qualities and would be a good 1st dripper. If you don't like it, it's a good design to think about when researching something that appeals to you.

Suryia

Jun 28, 2015
Very nice suggestions above, and there are many more. I actually prefer the IPV4 or the new IPV3 LI myself, but you can't go wrong with Segelei either. Mechanical mods are better for more advanced users. That is not to say you are incapable, but it would probably be better to start with a regulated device. I wish you the best of luck in quitting the nasty analogue habit.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
My first rda was (and is still my only rda) the Dark Horse. I found it to be a pretty good starter. My only complaint as someone who is new to builds is that there is only one positive pin and 2 negatives so getting the coils to sit perfect was a bit of a challenge at first though it has gotten much easier with the last few builds.

I dont own a box mod yet (thinking of getting one soon) so i had to do all the research, which in my opinion should be done whether using regulated mods or not. But i would tend to agree with the others in that using regulated mods would be a better choice for firat time builds.

Suryia

Jun 28, 2015
hello i wanna try 1st rda, but i like huge clouds, nice flavour, which mech? mod would you recommend me and which RDA? thx ;)
farewell

-KoDdy
If you have your heart set on mechanical, then I will give you a few suggestions. Fuhattan (I use it) is simply fantastic. There is the SMPL, Nemesis, Stingray, Stingray X (I would stay away from the Stingrays though, they use a hybrid top instead of 510 thread), the Knight, Lancelot, and the Fu Chai (one of the cheapest authentic mods).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread