1st time dripping = fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

memories

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Jax, Fl
Just as the title states, i dripped for the first today. Im still new ish to vaping and from most the people on this forum I caved in and gave it a whirl. Lol i bought a boge lr atty. The draw in stiffer than concrete. Unhaled vapor is amazing but when inhaled lil to none. Flavor - metallic.

I first blew out the new atty, than dopped 4 drips and pulled about 6x without inhaling. Then blew out the atty and repeated. Still a metallic taste and poor performance. Anyone care to chime in for a new noob? I read a bunch of threads before purchasing and a quick refresher before trying it out. Any other suggestions other than what ive tried?

1LastShot

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2012
Right behind you
Usually the process you went through takes care of the taste- is there an alcohol rinse somewhere in there that you did and didn't mention? Sometimes that helps as well. What is your setup and can I ask what PG/VG ratio your juice is?

As for the bad taste combined with the overly tight draw? You may have an atty that needs returned (if they'll take it). I've read somewhere that it can mean some glue is gumming up internally, which can't be fixed. Don't give up though! Dripping really is a beautiful thing IMO- you just unfortunately got a bad start!

memories

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Jax, Fl
1LastShot:9331797 said:
Usually the process you went through takes care of the taste- is there an alcohol rinse somewhere in there that you did and didn't mention? Sometimes that helps as well. What is your setup and can I ask what PG/VG ratio your juice is?

As for the bad taste combined with the overly tight draw? You may have an atty that needs returned (if they'll take it). I've read somewhere that it can mean some glue is gumming up internally, which can't be fixed. Don't give up though! Dripping really is a beautiful thing IMO- you just unfortunately got a bad start!

Leave it to me lol
My setup is a boge lr 2ohm on top of a kgo. Juice is a 65p/35v from MBV. I did not do an alcohol rinse, knew i was forgetting something! Ill give that a whirl and if no beuno than ill probably reach for the io6 or hh357 atty. Figured id go with boge for a quick intro to dripping

1LastShot

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2012
Right behind you
Something as simple and cheap as a 510 (they are on sale for $6 for a 5 pack at Digitalcigzz which is AWESOME) would be a good start if you don't want to throw down too much cash to begin.

Make sure you blow it out really well- you would be surprised how much liquid is still in there long after it seems "dry". I didn't believe that until I experienced a "dead" atty that wasn't dead....it simply still had water inside- water doesn't vape well ;-)

tenshi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
United States
Leave it to me lol
My setup is a boge lr 2ohm on top of a kgo. Juice is a 65p/35v from MBV. I did not do an alcohol rinse, knew i was forgetting something! Ill give that a whirl and if no beuno than ill probably reach for the io6 or hh357 atty. Figured id go with boge for a quick intro to dripping

hh 357 long barrel is my favorite disposable atty, although expensive, if you're careful (e.g. don't use high volts if you get a 1.5 LR or you'll burn it out), it can last months. I have one that is like 5 months old, still doing well. If you do decide to get one, Hanna has a wonderful video on the bottom of the page where you order them. It's worth the watch no matter what atty you decide to go with.

memories

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Jax, Fl
tenshi:9332492 said:
Leave it to me lol

hh 357 long barrel is my favorite disposable atty, although expensive, if you're careful (e.g. don't use high volts if you get a 1.5 LR or you'll burn it out), it can last months. I have one that is like 5 months old, still doing well. If you do decide to get one, Hanna has a wonderful video on the bottom of the page where you order them. It's worth the watch no matter what atty you decide to go with.
Yea ive been looking into those, the other thing keeping me away is (maybe just a "disclaimer to a newb") is on the site it says not to be used with ego/kgo type batteries. Left me a lil weary tho ive heard almost nothing but good news about those "maggies"

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona

+1 there is nothing that compares to a HH357 atty.......Best disposible atty..... I have been using them for over a year and Im a direct dripper of 3 1/2 years.... I usally get around 4-5 weeks out of HH after that even if they still fire vapor production/flavor suffers...toss em there is nothing like a fresh one.....At $25 for a custon HH I feel thats a fair price every month....

memories

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Jax, Fl
1LastShot:9332883 said:
Maybe....but my little ol' 510 was still goin' strong when I laid it aside to try out my new 306...and it was 6 months old....and I paid $5 for it :vapor:

It's all about preference and budget I suppose :D

And Memories- you're very welcome for my time....though I'm a chick not a bro ;)

1lastshot... im sorry, gimme 1lastchance? Lol

memories

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Jax, Fl
Riverboat:9332765 said:

+1 there is nothing that compares to a HH357 atty.......Best disposible atty..... I have been using them for over a year and Im a direct dripper of 3 1/2 years.... I usally get around 4-5 weeks out of HH after that even if they still fire vapor production/flavor suffers...toss em there is nothing like a fresh one.....At $25 for a custon HH I feel thats a fair price every month....

I can give it another chance. Maybe yry soaking it in high proof vodka. Tried warm water and blew it.out and let her dry but still metallic.. draw is getting better but taste is horrendous. If that doesnt work ill consider it DOA and spring for maybe a cisco or something.

Bringo

Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
GA
I can give it another chance. Maybe yry soaking it in high proof vodka. Tried warm water and blew it.out and let her dry but still metallic.. draw is getting better but taste is horrendous. If that doesnt work ill consider it DOA and spring for maybe a cisco or something.

I've never had luck with any sort of alcohol...always made it taste horrible. Ciscos bridgeless attys are amazing for dripping

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI

I guess you didn't know, but Hanna will refurb your 357's when they start to lose flavor and punch. Go to avidvaper.com, fill out a trouble ticket, and he'll email you where to send them. He told me $5 (shipping basically) for as many as I sent at one time. So get a few and start a rotation. Use two while he's got the other two. By the way, my 357's last many months without special attention. Are you never cleaning them or what?

Evil Speakers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
lawrence, KS
Yea ive been looking into those, the other thing keeping me away is (maybe just a "disclaimer to a newb") is on the site it says not to be used with ego/kgo type batteries. Left me a lil weary tho ive heard almost nothing but good news about those "maggies"

I noticed this too... Anybody know why the HH.357 atomizers are not to be used with eGo's? In the description is says LR atomizers can reduce the life of or kill eGo/Riva batteries. Are any LR atty's supposed to be used on an eGo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread