1st time e smoker

Status
Not open for further replies.

momofbats

Sep 11, 2009
I recently got a 901 from iesmoker. It came with 4 prefilled cart w/reg. flavor. When I first tried it, it wasn't too bad, but left a weird after taste. It was like I just drank apple juice (which I don't like). So I put it aside and ordered their sample set (10 flavors). I got them today and was excited to try them, only to be hit with that yucky after taste still, and not really tasting and other "flavor". I tried the Coffee, and it ended up tasting like burnt chocolate apple juice (YUCK). Also tried the menthol and got a minty a.j. So my question is, is this bad juices, a bad e cig. or just a "breaking in" period of the atomizor?

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Hmmm....apple juice. THAT'S what I was trying to describe to my hubby!

I think it's the flavor AND the brand.

I've tried menthol/mints and tobacco flavors and I couldn't place my finger on the "sour" taste I was tasting - kind of like an after taste in the tip of the tongue. I told my husband it was like drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth. (He couldn't taste it.) I don't taste it with fruity flavors - like peach, so that was good.

However, I got Nhaler.com French Vanilla Coffee & Mint Chocolate Chip and I don't get that aftertaste at all - so I think the brand makes a difference! But I do still taste it with Nhaler menthol - so I think it's any flavor of menthol that is "off" for me, as well. (As an after thought - all of the one's that taste "off" to me have tobacco flavor in them, too!)

momofbats

Sep 11, 2009
You could still be burning off the atomizer primer, too. Hard to tell when it's a new e-cig about what people are actually tasting.

Did you buy juice or pre-filled carts?

I tried both the prefilled carts that came with it, and filled empty carts with the coffee and menthol.

If it is the primer, how long does it take to burn off?

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Adjusting to the taste of vaper could take some time. PG (propylene glycol) and/or VG (vegetable glycerine) are the chemicals that create the visible vapor. They each have a distinct aftertaste. The aftertaste to you may be what you describe as 'apple juice'. Chances are, all the e-liquids you have tried so far are PG-based. Drink plenty of water to clean your palate and reduce dryness in your mouth. You may want to try some samples of VG-based e-liquid as a comparison. The VG will leave a slightly sweet aftertaste.

laurieok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
Ohio
Go to NHaler and try Drews juices. There are great just like Kristin said...wonderful :)
If by chance you happen to get JC juice, theirs has a horrible aftertaste. I can't even smell them without wanting to vomit. I don't know what they did to change them, but it wasn't a good move.

BTW Kristin...great article..I dug it and had my whole family digg it too!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread