2 Cisco LR 306 + 1 Drip Tip Combo Pack - Only $20!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNYFC

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
New York
www.vaporflow.com
I just got my combo. One works great, one has a bad chemical taste and only works if I have it unscrewed a little. Do you have any advise for me? I followed your guide on both of them.

Hey Randi,

What kind of device are you using? Some devices have different contact points, so that could be one explanation...

Regarding the chemical taste; since these atomizers aren't made with any chemicals or primer, it sounds like the wick may have gotten burnt up. Go ahead and remove some of the burnt wick. If that doesn't help, try soaking in vodka or distilled water. That should take care of any problems you are having.

Also, please keep in mind that due to the nature of the materials used, these atomizers have an initial taste unlike anything any other atomizer (LR or not).

Thanks!

J

randi.shinney

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2010
Ogden, UT
Hey Randi,

What kind of device are you using? Some devices have different contact points, so that could be one explanation...

Regarding the chemical taste; since these atomizers aren't made with any chemicals or primer, it sounds like the wick may have gotten burnt up. Go ahead and remove some of the burnt wick. If that doesn't help, try soaking in vodka or distilled water. That should take care of any problems you are having.

Also, please keep in mind that due to the nature of the materials used, these atomizers have an initial taste unlike anything any other atomizer (LR or not).

Thanks!

J

Thanks for the help!! I soaked it for a while in Vodka and that helped a ton! These are so great!!! I will be ordering more soon!

MrNYFC

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
New York
www.vaporflow.com
Are the Cisco LR510's warmer than the other LR510's?

Michael,

The LR 306 definitely runs warmer than the 510, albeit they are both 1.5ohm. The Cisco LR 510 is definitely a more "mellow" vape, compared to the LR 306.

Expecting these back in shortly. I will post up as soon as they become available.

J

MrNYFC

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
New York
www.vaporflow.com
Wow, am I impressed. I just found this thread, went to the website and placed an order and I have already received confirmation of shipping. What a great way to do business!!!! I will be placing another order when the LR 510 and LR 810 attys are in stock. Thanks for running such a class operation.

Lynn

Thank you, Lynn!

P.S. I love your avatar!
Dol.gif

ED-209

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2010
Florida Panhandle
loved the cisco LR306's so much i didnt want to use any other atty's. made a video altering the 306 but still vapes the same..nice warm and flavorful as always! check it out!
youtube: LR306 with a LR510 sleeve

Very good video, I have some old 510's that don't work, will any 510 style work or does it have to be the Cisco LR version? I wasn't sure if the aluminum ring was something that was in all types.

Vape On

paise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
I found the $20 deal for the 2 LR306 attys with drip tip by google.com searching. I thought it was an excellent deal and for all intensive purposes, it was; hwr, I have had a major problem. It arrived today and I began to use it around 3:45pm. It was great. The vapor plumes were nice and the taste of the e-liquid came through cleaner than I believed was possible; however, I had a snag that screamed the words, "Houston, we have a problem."

I was using the 306 set off and on from 3:45 to around 9pm but rather intermittently. I am fighting off a cold so I have been taking cold and flu medicine, which makes me drowsy and even sleepy. I have always had a habit of removing the atomizer and cartridges from the e-cigs I use even from the first one I owned (Janty Dura-c). It is a habit I kept over time even as I moved up to various different models. For me, it is a way to ensure the liquid drains from the atomizers and it separates that cartridges from the atty. In the last few months since I found dripping, I still remove the atomizer and the drip tip, place them on a clean paper towel so they can drain and if necessary, cool a bit b/c I can't afford to replace them constantly.

It seems the heat from vaping caused the thin plastic material to create a bubble in it. The atty still works like gangbusters. The 2nd atty is in the pack unused. The change in flavor didn't occur until just short of the time I found the bubble and noticed the plastic around the bubble was softer than it was initially when I first opened the pack after it arrived in the mailbox. I can't use either of the 306 attys.

Is there a drip tip that is more like the 510 drip tip I use? it is heavier, thicker, more dense, and appears to be made from a metal material although it never gets too hot for me to use it even though it feels as if it is metal.?

Does Vaporflow offer a better drip tip to replace this tip that come w/ the $20 set? If not, I can't use the 306 attys until I find something better that can withstand mild vaping without causing bubble raises or softening of the material from gentle to moderate use?

The LR306 atomizers do a great job. They produce excellent vapor; the flavor of the e-liquid is cleaner than I've noticed in a long time. It won't work well without a decent drip tip and/or cartridge. The drip tips are more convenient for me. The drip tip is the only part of this order I have issues with as the attys perform their job more than adequately.

t9c

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Houston
Very good video, I have some old 510's that don't work, will any 510 style work or does it have to be the Cisco LR version? I wasn't sure if the aluminum ring was something that was in all types.

Vape On

1st of all I apologize in advance if I shouldn't post this in VaporFlow's forum.

2nd, thank you JonnyMertz for that video!! Very informative and what a great mod! If you haven't already, please post it in the atty mods section.

I did this mod on an old Joye 510 atty and found this one to be the easiest to mod, compared to the XtremeVaping atties I tried. I don't know enough about the differences to tell what brand they are, the XV's, but they did not have the separate metal sleeve like the Joye did (disclaimer: I think it is a Joye, but not 100% sure since I had previously removed the bridge & wick assy).

I had to first apply a heat gun to pull the atty apart (with pliers) and it worked flawlessly. A hair dryer on high might do the job too, I dunno. I separated the sleeve, pushed it down on the 1/4" of plastic cut with a utility knife, as per the video, then pushed the outer sleeve down over that. I was surprised that the fit was tight enuff for me to screw the 306 down on the battery connector without any looseness. put a few drops in and slapped the 510 tip on and vaped away! :vapor:

I give this mod a solid "9" on the scale. Takes 5 minutes of your time and is super easy. And best of all it won't crack around the bottom, unless time will tell if the plastic sleeve deteriorates from the heat applied. It also looks "stock" and if you peel the paint off the atty down to the bare stainless (soaking in alcohol makes it easy), it looks awesome with a Super Stainless T Tip!

I had to only deduct 1 pt because stainless is not clear yet, at least until the folks at Area 51 admits it can be. :p

Here it is on my Grande:

306tipmod1.jpg

paise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
My ordering options are closed until after the new year due to financial difficulties; hwr, I can say that if anyone wants to try the LR306 or add a few more to your spares, this is the time. It's a great price (2 attys & a drip tip for $20) for what you get.

I have personally used this LR306 atomizer and despite the cold that I had when the order came in not to mention the fact I can't shake it (it's all the result of living with Lupus (SLE) and Sjogren's disease), I can say that this is a great atomizer. It generates lots of plumes of vapor; e-liquid has more flavor not to mention a cleaner flavor allowing you to taste all the nuances in the e-liquid. The special deal offer is worth it too although I'd chose the deltin or tip II drip tip vs the drip tip I but other than that, this atomizer goes above and beyond as far as atomizers are.

I will be honest in saying that I am not sure of the longevity of the atomizer; hwr, even with the 510 model, 901, 801, K808, and other atomizers have a limited life span too so if the LR306 lasts only a month or more it will be within the same working realm as the other atomizers.

Personally, I always remove my atomizer and drip tip so I can turn my atomizer upside down to allow the liquid to drain out in order to prevent any clogs. I did the same with the 306. I'm not 100% sure if this helps lengthen the time the atomizers work or not but I have had 510 models last a lot longer when I do this so for me, it works. It's up to the individual to give it a try.

FYI: I am not a spokesperson or in anyway affiliated with Vaporflow. I am merely a customer who wanted to give the 306 atomizers a try and was fortunate enough to run across the 2 attys w/ additional drip tip offer for $20 and overall, was extremely pleased with the manner in which the atomizer worked.

My PV unit is an Ego, which I generally use the USB Ego battery that connects to the USB port. I use the port that plugs into the AC vs plugging it into my computer as I have heard some news that claims using the USB ports on computers to charge and/or vaporize with a pass-thru unit was not safe for the computer; that is when and why I began using the AC adapter USB plug for charging and using my Pass-thru for the Ego.

Best of luck to everyone else. I hope you get a chance to try these attys. They work well as far as I was able to tell when I was using them. I only recommend the Deltin and/or Drip Tip II as the choice in drip tips that come with the 3-piece unit.

Happy Vaping Everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread