2 Cisco LR 306 + 1 Drip Tip Combo Pack - Only $20!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
Also nice, these atty's didn't have any nasty primer in them either.

Are you sure about that? I just got mine 15 minutes ago and my daily vape isn't tasting at all like it normally does. It certainly tastes like primer to me and I'm hoping it is. I've been really excited about trying these out. If they change the taste this much, I don't think they'll be the atty for me.

MrNYFC

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
New York
www.vaporflow.com
Are you sure about that? I just got mine 15 minutes ago and my daily vape isn't tasting at all like it normally does. It certainly tastes like primer to me and I'm hoping it is. I've been really excited about trying these out. If they change the taste this much, I don't think they'll be the atty for me.

All of the Cisco LR atomizers (306, 510, 901) are made with no primer, which is why it is important to prime them properly. Check out the LR 306 user guide in the stickies..

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Hey MrNYFC, thanks for posting the LR306 user guide! Without it I would have given up on these atties. The first one I tried gave me the worst flavor I ever experienced with any atty. Good to know that it was the user error since I only primed it with 4 drops. Primed the second one with 7 drops, added 2 more after a couple of puffs and it's performing beautifully!!! Good stuff!

MrNYFC

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
New York
www.vaporflow.com
Hey MrNYFC, thanks for posting the LR306 user guide! Without it I would have given up on these atties. The first one I tried gave me the worst flavor I ever experienced with any atty. Good to know that it was the user error since I only primed it with 4 drops. Primed the second one with 7 drops, added 2 more after a couple of puffs and it's performing beautifully!!! Good stuff!

No problem, Vaporologist! I'm glad you found it useful.

Jason

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
When I tried my first one, I put in 7 drops as suggested in this thread. It was enough to come leaking out of the bottom of the atty. Maybe I just didn't wait long enough before I started vaping it. I followed the steps listed in the user guide for my second (I even put in a few extra drops) and it's tasting much better.

Is there any way to save my first one? I've been vaping it on and off since yesterday hoping it would eventually "break in" but its still not tasting so great.

MrNYFC

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
New York
www.vaporflow.com
That's the thing about these atomizers; once they are burnt out, it is very hard to bring them back.

My suggestion is try removing some of the burnt wick, then soaking in grain alcohol. This might remedy the problem.

Otherwise, it may be too far gone. Definitely worth giving it a shot..

Jason

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
I've never had any problems with the two I've gotten (with the exception of a DOA)....I vape only on the two 306's I have for the last couple of weeks, and they work just as well as the day I received them.

One tip: I clean mine daily simply with warm water from the tap. The way to do this: Leave the drip tip on, and using a pair of tweezers, hold it under the tap with the water flowing into the drip tip. This flushes the atty (you'll see the water leaving the battery-end hole). Just flush it for 30-45 secs and then blow out the water thru the drip tip and remove the tip and let it dry overnight. Prime it again the next time you use it just like the first time. 6 drops and let it absorb for 60 secs and then give it another 2-3 drops.

I've never had any issue with these flooding yet. Without a doubt the best atty's out there.

Not to take this off topic too much, but Jason I see you sell the Trustfire 14500 protected batts. For the $10 price, is this two of these (I notice the pic shows two)?

lexgar

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Greater LA, SoCal
Just got my 306LR and Drip tip today. I got the white one after reading above about the translucent tip allowing me to see a level of juice inside.

Good vapor and flavor with a heavier tasting juice, but with a more delicate flavor, not so good.

I find that the tip is pretty loose on the atty. It has not leaked all day so it is tight enough, but if it is this loose now, I do not think the lack of leaking will last.

I carry my Provape in a belt case and tend to grab it by the drip tip. I cannot do this with the 306 because it just comes right off. Another minor issue is that the juice does not flow down into the bridge completely with this tip. It hangs up and if I do not use a tissue inside I always get juice on my lips. This is not the case with other tips that I have. Not sure if the plastic is not polished inside or just a factor in this type of plastic. Blowing a bit of air and waiting for the juice to flow down is just not enough.

vi3tl2ice

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Milpitas, CA
Another minor issue is that the juice does not flow down into the bridge completely with this tip. It hangs up and if I do not use a tissue inside I always get juice on my lips. This is not the case with other tips that I have. Not sure if the plastic is not polished inside or just a factor in this type of plastic. Blowing a bit of air and waiting for the juice to flow down is just not enough.

i have that two. after i drip thru the drip tip, i just hit the bottom of the device im using against my palm. like youre packing a pack of ciggarettes!

lexgar

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Greater LA, SoCal
i have that two. after i drip thru the drip tip, i just hit the bottom of the device im using against my palm. like youre packing a pack of ciggarettes!

I'll give that a try. The constant wiping is a pain in the ....

I also find that the vape is a bit harsh on my BSB and BB. But on the Provape with SS body and spring it is just about right. Even though the devices are all 3.7v, it seems the aluminum bodied, hot springed devices give a bit more voltage to the atty. I do not have a multimeter, but I can really tell the difference in the vape.

MrNYFC

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
New York
www.vaporflow.com
Regarding the 306 drip tip: it is really quite a science to have the drip tip fit to the base of the atomizer (most do not) and still look "right". These drip tips are made of a material that many are familiar with called Delrin, developed by DuPont, which is a more durable form of plastic. The reason why it is more durable is because with heat, it expands (and has an extremely high melting point for plastic). When combined with some juice as lubrication in the side walls, you are seeing it loosen up. You may notice that it stays on better when it is cold and the sides of the atomizer are dry.

While this problem may never be solved (trading aesthetics for functionality), we are continually trying to find balance.

Thanks,

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread