RDA 2 New RDAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
My GA Rampage and Mutilator arrived today!

Out of the box they both looked great! Machining was really good on both, I didnt have to file anything down or tweak anything. All parts fit properly and were easy to maneuver. Plus....they were REALLY SHINY(shinyitis subdued for at least a couple of days.)

I started with building the Rampage. I had picked up some 34 AWG Kanthal for an idea I had. I was planning to twist it up real good and build 3 coils for a .5 ohm sucker puncher. This idea couldnt have failed more miserably. The kanthal was way too thin and got really tangled up and was difficult to fix. I finally got it untangled and set up the drill for a twist. Again, too thin, it snapped very early in the twisting process and I couldnt get those nice ridges that usually accompany twisted Kanthal. Oh well....back to the drawing board.

I finally recalculated some stuff on Steam Engine and came up with an idea for a .45 ohm build. I use mechs so until now Ive only dropped below .5ohms once. At .45ohms Im still pulling less than 10A so I feel alright with that and proceed. The triple coil build ended up being a total of .48ohms. I dripped some of my Dream Weaver juice(homemade...Im hoping that name isnt already taken cause thats what I want to call it) generously over all the wicks and slapped the Rampage on top of my Hammer clone. Very little ramp up time and it hit great. Not overly hard hitting, just nice and smooth, and full of flavor. Great first vape off this interesting 6 post RDA.

I then slapped a couple of coils inside the Mutilator. I decided that for the mutilator nothing crazy was needed. This thing is an airflow monster so I figured keep the build at .5 or .6 and let the air do the work. 8 wraps on the 1/16 drill bit gave me about .62 I think. I wicked it and dripped some homemade absinthe. reassembled the RDA and put it on my Maraxus mod with an LG HE4. At first I was disappointed that the only mouthpiece for the Mutilator was a chuff cap but after a good hit and my first cough fit since I dropped nicotine from my juices, I was convinced. The Mutilator is definitely a little cloud chucker, but loaded with flavor once again. there are 2 little air holes just beneath where the coils should be placed on either side for a total of 4 air holes. This is a great design. They are high enough above the well that it shouldnt leak even if you're like me and love to over drip, but they are low enough that they pour air over the coils, upping the flavor.

Overall I would say both of these RDAs are worth checking out. I am looking at a 100w or more box mod on my next order so I am very interested to see what I can do with some advanced builds on the Rampage. Mechs just dont have the power to heat up that much metal.

I will be posting some pics in the near future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread