The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

2 + Weeks @ 0 Nicotine

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Ben B Brown, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ben B Brown

Ben B Brown Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I started vaping 5 1/2 months ago with a AV @ 36 mg nicotine I was a 5 PAD smoker, each month I would work my way down on the nic level, on the 1st of December I went to 0 nic and never looked back ,havent craved it didnt think it would be so easy I will still vape as I enjoy it and the flavors just with no nic

2. Robino1

Robino1 Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

Very nice! Congrats on reaching your goal :)

3. xtwosm0kesx

xtwosm0kesx Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Congratulations on getting the nic monkey off your back!

Must be a wonderful feeling!

Best of luck!

4. bigrf85

bigrf85 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    jax, fl
    just curious does the flavor taste any different in your eliquid ive noticed with samples from a certain company at o nic they taste strong and vibrant but when i order a bigger bottle foth my nic strength it doesnt taste quite as good

5. illitirit

illitirit Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2013
    United States
    hey congrats to you mate!

I want to drop to 0mg soon, im on 6mg right now. But one thing thats stopping me is giving up throat hit. Do you get throat hit on 0mg? Ive never tried 0mg before so I appreciate your feedback.

6. Hypatia

Hypatia Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 6, 2013
    Titletown, USA
    Right on! How inspirational. I, too, want to get my nic mg's down to a minimum as soon as possible. How great to know someone as "avid" a smoker as you once were succeeded with your strategy. Yeah, I don't know if I ever want to give up vaping either, even once I'm at the 0mg level. It's just a fun, tasty, and relaxing hobby, isn't it? It must be such a good feeling to know that you can continue vaping, with the nicotine dependence behind you. Congrats!

7. freeatlast!

freeatlast! Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2013
    Kansas, USA
    Congrats, Ben!! That is fantastic, especially since you were apparently a really heavy smoker!! Wow! I imagine 0 nic is better for us, on the whole, especially if there is any heart/circulatory issues in the family history. Thanks for sharing your success!!

8. erikbal

erikbal Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2013
    Olean, NY
    Congrats that's a great accomplishment!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

9. Ben B Brown

I really never really tasted the nic in my e-liquid and don't see much difference in flavor

10. Ben B Brown

throat hit can be adjusted in other ways with flavors and or a little alcohol

11. TheJakeBailey

TheJakeBailey Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Austin,TX, USA
    Holy moly! Now that is an accomplishment you should be proud of!! Especially in light if your starting point. Congratulations sir!

12. Baldr

Baldr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2011
    Dallas, Tx
    Could you explain a bit more about this "a little alcohol" thing? I am also vaping at 0nic, and the only thing that I really miss about the nic is the throat hit. Are you adding a couple of drops of vodka to 30ml of juice or what?

13. samcm010

samcm010 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 4, 2013
    Ashburn Virginia USA
    Second on this I just switched down to 3mg from 6mg in some of my juices and I am sort of missing the throat hit.

14. ncvapfan

ncvapfan Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2013
    Asheville nc
    5 PAD! Daaaaaaaam congratulations!

15. Nikkita6

Nikkita6 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2011
    New York
    Good for you! First you kicked the ciggs, and now you are off nicotine ... that is a real achievement so congratulations. :)

16. AmandaD

AmandaD Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2013
    So Cal
    Wow - from 5 PAD that is a huge accomplishment - congratulations!

17. HeadInClouds

HeadInClouds Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    Major accomplishment, congratulations!

How do you feel? Breathing easier? I'm curious how much you vape now, if you're willing to share that.

18. mad props, best way to take the power back from big tobacco

19. Grimwald

Grimwald Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    You're an inspiration. I was a 3+ pad smoker for 40 years. Been slowly weaning down from 24 mg and after 16 months down to 7.5 mg. My New Years resolution is to start at 6mg on Jan 1st. Hopefully I can wean more next year. But enough about me...congrats, you done good.

20. Ben B Brown

feel great but thats because im not smoking I still vape as much as I did before just with no nic

I havent tried the alcohol, th is not a problem with me but have read about it here in the diy forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.