Vaping over analogs ..... Something you should know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelligentDesigner

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Raleigh, NC
What does vaping have to do with vapor use? The nicotine juice is created in a lab and has no connection with tobacco. There is nicotine in eggplant and I don't see that causing issues. Is this disease caused by nicotine or tobacco use?

I'm confused by this, especially the first question.

Also, I could be wrong so someone please enlighten me if I am, but as far as I know, the nicotine for e-juice is indeed extracted from organic tobacco, not synthetically created.

To the OP, I suck at comfort and condolences and stuff, but nonetheless offer mine sincerely for what they're worth. I do wish you the best in things getting better for you.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Poor mice.

I'm a guinea pig owner.

I'm sensitive.

no one is reading this... Really fascinating stuff if it is true

"To test the ability of nicotine to restore blood flow in oxygen-starved tissue, the researchers tied off a main artery that supplies blood to one hind limb in mice, and then injected nicotine daily into the affected leg. After three weeks the nicotine-injected limbs sported a higher blood vessel density and were receiving more blood flow than those that had been injected with a saline solution."

on the other side:
"Finally, the researchers tested nicotine’s effect on diseases such as lung cancer and atherosclerosis. They found after only a few days that lung cancer cells implanted under the skin or in the lung tissue of animals who drank nicotine-laced water grew much more quickly and were more densely packed with blood vessels than cancers in animals who were not exposed to nicotine. Mice bred to accumulate plaque in the linings of their arteries also suffered from nicotine exposure. The plaque blockages grew more quickly and were thicker in these mice than in the control animals."

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
NOW I understand your clinical and almost text-book like posts... You work in the medical field! And here I just thought you were super smart and very well written. Makes total sense now. ;-)

I have a mild to moderate "intention tremor" in my left thumb. It is only noticable when I hold a tool or instrument such as a pair of tweezers or a screwdriver and attempt a fine motor activity. I am right hand dominant so it doesn't affect me with common everyday tasks. However, I assist surgeons in the operating room, and at times I need both hands to function equally. I have in most cases found a work around to my problem.

Before I quit smoking (one pack a day for 30 years) a year ago, I attended a medical conference and one of the speakers was a neurologist. I was able to speak with him one-on-one after his talk, and showed him my tremor. He instantly recognized the "clubbing" of the ends of my fingers and asked if I was a smoker. He said that the condition I had was hereditary and asked if anyone else in my family had it. He also said that smoking made the condition worse (the tremor and the clubbing). I honestly forget if he said this was Buerger's or something else.

Since I've been vaping for a year, and have reduced my nicotine consumption from 24mg down to 12mg, I've noticed that the tremor has become less severe, but it is still there. Even if I someday am able to get down to 0mg nic it may still be present to some degree.

suziewright

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
Texas
Hello fellow vapors. Well I have been nicotine free for one week. The symptoms seem lighter and fewer episodes. I have been vaping 50/50 @ zero nic. I have to admit I really want to sneak a hit from my hubby's pv when no one is looking.

I tell myself "it's okay to hit a nicotine vape when I need it. After all, you have really cut it out. There's no need in making yourself suffer!"
Then I realize I can't lie to myself. And I don't take the toke. It really is hard but I have to do this.....

nosaint

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Memphis
I tell myself "it's okay to hit a nicotine vape when I need it. After all, you have really cut it out. There's no need in making yourself suffer!"
Then I realize I can't lie to myself. And I don't take the toke. It really is hard but I have to do this.....

Good for you, I know it's so easy to say just one won't hurt, I've fallen off the wagon several times in the last month. I've been down to 0 nic, but couldn't resist "just one". I have the luxury of falling off the wagon, my sincerest sympathies to you. I'm back up to 2mg on my std. vape and 0 mg on my alternate flavors. I seem to be able to hold that level...for today. I'm waiting for my new APV and mechanical mod to get here to give me the inspiration to go back to 0mg.

As someone who's quit by various methods many times, It does get easier with more time. 2 weeks stands out in my mind, but that was off regular cig's. Maybe since you were vaping the time will be less.

Good Luck

caligirlINky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
hopkinsville, ky
nicotine its self does cause problems in the body. just because it occurs naturally in food and other things doesnt mean its not bad for you. most of the health related issues are definitely due to smoking the tobacco (we all know most of those problems). one thing most people dont know is nicotine (not tobacco or smoking specifically) causes problems with cell reproduction even in small amounts.

i had back surgery several times starting in 2004 (9 surgeries all together). i was told that i really needed to stop smoking as soon as possible but at the very least a week before surgery (discectomy/fusion). i assumed because of lack of oxygen. the surgeon said that could be an issue but probably not for me since i was fairly young (35) and had good lung function eventhough i had been smoking for 20 yrs. the problem was the nicotine inhibits cell reproduction and could severely slow down the bone regeneration around the cages being inserted where the disc was being removed. the higher the nicotine levels in my tissue, the slower the regeneration and recovery i would have. he also wanted me to not smoke for at least the 1st 6 weeks after the surgery when the bone was growing the most.

of course if i could have quit like that, i would have done it a long time ago. it did take longer than "normal" for the bone to regenerate but of course everyone is different and it could have been due to the disorder that is causing my back problems to begin with.

but now that im vaping, the next time i need surgery i will ween myself down to 0 nic and stay there. im sooo glad im vaping and have this option now.

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Hello fellow vapors. Well I have been nicotine free for one week. The symptoms seem lighter and fewer episodes. I have been vaping 50/50 @ zero nic. I have to admit I really want to sneak a hit from my hubby's pv when no one is looking.

Glad to hear thing are coming more under control for you now at least. Also you should be proud that you are able to see the lie that about the nicotine. You have the strength to do this I am sure. You're not without help as well, since you can still vape with 0 nic and don't have to totally give it up.

I myself was beginning to get leg tremors when I first began to relax at night. Now I never spoke to the doctor about this, I don't have the income to see a doc as much as I would like, but I noticed that it's completely stopped now that I am vaping with out any cigarettes at all. I cant say if the two are connected since I have not had it professionally diagnosed, but it would not surprise me one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread