2 weeks in and now it seems to be getting a little harder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH
Wow! I thought I was going crazy, I haven't tasted any of my juices in the last couple days. I'm on wk3 and I'm so glad to hear this is normal. One of my go-to vapes is BWB espresso and I couldn't taste it at all for about 3 days, today was a little better. I almost gave up....but I really just can't. Trying so hard not to see it as even an option.

But, I have heard on several threads that AC does kill the buds for a while. So, you may be getting hit from 2 sides...AC overkill and newbie taste buds. Higher nic levels, IMO, probably won't do anything, I wouldn't waste your money.

CSR

Aug 24, 2010
Southern California
which Pv are you using? I find the smaller "cigarette looking" units don't have enough battery power and wind down quickly-giving less and less vapor and taste.
perhaps something a bit larger like an EGO.
I've been using a low res. cartomiser and find it "tastes" a lot better
the last tobacco flavor juice i used was TastyVapor tobacco and it tasted damn close to the real thing to me.
Also - what's the % Pg vs. Vg? if it's more than 70/30 you'll start to lose flavor as well...I prefer 80/20

Trixie

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
US
To all of you who either have the urge to smoke, or do still smoke, quit thinking of yourselves as somehow weak or failures. Not everyone quits smoking as soon as they start vaping, and some folks never completely give up cigarettes, but simply incorporate vaping into the rotation, thus eliminating at least some of the cigarettes they would otherwise smoke.

There is no right way or wrong way to go about this, and you have to find what works for you. Yes, some folks take one puff on their new e-cig and never even have an urge for a cigarette again. I myself smoked and vaped for two months after I started this journey, and then one day I just didn't think about cigarettes so didn't smoke any. Since then I've never had the urge so I haven't had another, even though I do spend a lot of time with smokers. That's my story, now you can write your own, each one unique.

Remember, you've smoked for whatever period of time, so there's no need to expect yourself to quit completely immediately. Keep taking one step, and then another, you'll eventually get where you're headed.

_TJ_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2009
SE Ohio in the sticks
To all of you who either have the urge to smoke, or do still smoke, quit thinking of yourselves as somehow weak or failures. Not everyone quits smoking as soon as they start vaping, and some folks never completely give up cigarettes, but simply incorporate vaping into the rotation, thus eliminating at least some of the cigarettes they would otherwise smoke.

There is no right way or wrong way to go about this, and you have to find what works for you. Yes, some folks take one puff on their new e-cig and never even have an urge for a cigarette again. I myself smoked and vaped for two months after I started this journey, and then one day I just didn't think about cigarettes so didn't smoke any. Since then I've never had the urge so I haven't had another, even though I do spend a lot of time with smokers. That's my story, now you can write your own, each one unique.

Remember, you've smoked for whatever period of time, so there's no need to expect yourself to quit completely immediately. Keep taking one step, and then another, you'll eventually get where you're headed.
This.
And the losing of taste of liquids happened to me in the beginning (3/09). It goes away. We didn't have any fancy Tasty Vapor back then either! :)

Skud

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
South Florida
www.powerstationstudios.com
Ouch, Staying away from spicy foods may be rough. I like some of my foods really hot. Scotch bonnet peppers are for noobs :)

Much agreed, I live for the heat. Minimum of a solid cayenne pepper sauce on most things I eat, and I've been known to dabble in ghost chilis from time to time :)

badmemory

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2010
SouthEast Wisconsin
I've found the act of lighting an analog was part of my "hand to mouth" addiction. Ive managed to tough it out with lots of family support. I also use both attys, one with the Marlb cart and the other with a drip tip. I've found the dripping adds an action to help with the lighting fix. My taste buds are also healing as well as my gums, the gums get a bit soar from the rocess of not being baked on a regular basis, it's normal. You can do it, just think of the health benefits.

I found that my gums were sore on my lower teeth chocked it up to quitting smoking, they are better now. I thought it was only me.

thomas_mikel

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Winterfell
Ok, here is the bad news. It took me almost a whole year to get the craving for a real cigarette out of my head. However I did make a concentrated EFFORT to quit smoking. In the year and a half that I've been vaping I have smoked ONE whole cigarette and took three drags off another one. You have to fight through it. I think what happens is when you start vaping, you are still getting the nicotine, so you don't go through the nicotine withdrawl, but now after a few days or couple of weeks your body starts to crave the other stuff that they put in cigarettes to make them more addictive, if you cave, you will always crave! So you have to either decide to put them away for good, or accept the fact that you will always smoke, maybe less than you used to, but still smoke. It is entirely up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread