2 year ecig hiatus... MY how things have changed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djrobg918

Moved On
Apr 5, 2012
NY, NY
I first discovered ecigs about 2 years ago when I was trying to quit smoking.
i bought a few different kits and liked them for a while. The one that stuck with me back then was the Volcano. Back then it was a 3 piece design. After a while I got annoyed with having to clean the atomizer, change cartridges, have ejuice dripping from the carts, lack of vapor, short battery life, etc... It led me to go back to analogs :(

The other day I was in Walgreens to buy a pack of cigs and decided to buy a Blu disposable instead. I remembered reading bad reviews about Blu back in the day but decided to give it a shot. Wow was I surprised! A great amount of vapor, decent flavor, and satisfies my nicotine urges. I have bought a few more in the past couple days and am weening off analogs.

Now I want to buy a new kit. I live in NYC where a pack of smokes costs $11 so paying $10 for the Blu disposable is still saving me money, but its annoying to have to keep running to the store to buy them. Also I find them a little too harsh (maybe because they're "high" nicotine, I smoked Marlboro ultra lights) they cause me to cough sometimes after a drag and irritate my throat (although I do like the throat hit, this one seems a little too much for me).

So here's what I need to keep me off analogs:
-A similar sized battery to the Blu disposables (I'm thinking this is a kr808 size but could be wrong)
-little maintenance required
-a good amount of vapor
-cartomizers! I don't have the patience to refill my own, need a brand that sells prefilled ones
-good throat hit
-a battery I won't need to charge every hour

I don't want something I'm going to have to mod or refill cartos on my own. I want something that just works, a la the Blu disposable.

I've been looking at the following brands: smokeless image volt, Apollo, and v2.
these seem to meet my needs, but if you guys have any other suggestions or advice about these brands please let me know! After spending hundreds of dollars on different kits last time around And eventually going back to analogs I'm hoping to find something that will stick this time.

Thanks in advance!!

rookbartley989

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
SoCal
The Joye 510 is roughly the same size as the Blu disposable. You can buy pre filled cartos in the 510 size all day long, though I have never tried them. I use the CE2 Ultimate Clearomizers and vape all day on one of those. I started with the Blu disposable also, then moved up to the Blu kit, with is way smaller...now the 510. Good luck

Ron -

ambeck22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Welcome! You'll get many other suggestions, but I'm a Volcano girl :). They've obviously changed in 2 years and carry much more than they used to. Just my 4 cents since my other half and I both love them :). I don't work for them, but I quit the stinkies happily with Volcano so I'm a rather loyal fan :).

Cartomizers are what you refill, cartridges are what you buy pre-filled and then dispose of.

Good luck to you!!

If you insist on not filling your own cartomizers I would go with V4L as they have the largest selection of prefilled flavors. and are the same thing as the volt or V2.

Edit: never heard of volcano, but looking at site it still has the same limited prefill flavors as the others.
I would recommend something much different but would not like to force my own preferences on you.

Last edited:

Djrobg918

Moved On
Apr 5, 2012
NY, NY
Thanks for the tips! I don't need a lot of flavors to choose from, so that's not a major issue.

One thing I've read is that Blu uses VG in their juices instead of propylene glycol which may be why it produces more vapor than the others... Is this true? When I used the Volcano's 2 years ago they didn't produce as much vapor as I would've liked... Maybe that has changed...

Djrobg918

Moved On
Apr 5, 2012
NY, NY
If you insist on not filling your own cartomizers I would go with V4L as they have the largest selection of prefilled flavors. and are the same thing as the volt or V2.

Edit: never heard of volcano, but looking at site it still has the same limited prefill flavors as the others.
I would recommend something much different but would not like to force my own preferences on you.

So the cartomizers that v4l sells will fit on the volt or v2 batteries?

I'm prob just going to buy a battery, USB charger, and prefilled cartomizers. I don't need a personal charging case since I'm always near a charger and found them unnecessary the last time I had them. The less I need to carry around the better.

For the week and a half I used the V2 it was good. And from my hours watching youtube reviews I see the Volt and Smoov getting good opinions for it being small KR808 type. I dont have much more experience with them, but I hope you find what you want.

Edit: Poster above seems like they have good options for the small 510 models, looks promising.

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
First, for your requirements, the Volt or a Bloor Max Fusion are probably a better choices than the others you have mentioned. You can get prefilled cartos all kinds of places.

I think you are limiting yourself more than you should though. I can't see spending a couple minutes filling cartos while you're watching TV to be an undue burden. It's significantly less expensive and you have access to many more flavors as well. A larger battery like something in the ego class lasts a lot longer and will provide a more consistent experience.

One thing you probably aren't thinking about is that if you use something that looks anything like a cigarette, you will make people that see you think you are smoking. That makes a difference.

I know I'm not going to talk you out of it. Just be prepared to get something else in a few weeks. It happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread