New to vaping.. First 48 hours smoke free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstalker

Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Philadelphia area, PA
Really excited to be a part of this community. It looks like their are a bunch of stories on here about people quitting analogs , so I will throw mine out there.

I tried ecigs about 4 years ago when mall carts started popping up all over. It didn't work for me and I began using it as a supplement for "smoking indoors". The magic went away quickly and I continued to smoke.

After some research it seemed that ecigs have come along away and I basically bought a piece of crap years ago. I made the decision to try again just a few days ago after seeing a stupid Blu commercial. I say stupid but this may be the best commercial ever if it helped me quit :) I guess I haven't thought about an ecig in a while and this reminded me.

I ordered an Apollo standard starter kit (I know there is better stuff but I wanted to start with a kit that was familiar to an actual cigarette with a PCC) . I looked into the norms : blu, vapor4life, volcano, white smoke, etc.. but chose the Apollo after reading good reviews. I was also able to take advantage of a Christmas coupon that saved me some dough. I ordered it on Dec 22nd and just received it today (some USPS delays).

I was so anxious for this kit to come I bought a Blu disposable at Walgreens 3 days ago. Not sure why I spent that $10 but that day I smoked 7 analogs. I normally smoke almost a pack of American Spirit yellows. The next day I have 2. My Blu disposable runs out and the only thing i can find close to work is a Krave disposable. Pretty disgusting actually but I only smoked 2 the entire day. I found another Blu disposable that night. The Blu disposables are actually not bad.

Today, no analogs. I don't even have any left and plan on never buying them again. My kit arrived today and its pretty awesome. PCC is nice. I purchased one manual and one auto battery (anyone know which model batts they use?), one pack of their Tobacco 24mg carts, some blank carts , and their blueberry/ kona coffee juice. Nice package overall! A couple days ago I ordered some samples from Heathers heavenly vapes and I am looking forward to trying them out.

Thats my story...it's a simple one and probably not much different than yours. I am super excited to not smell like cigarettes anymore. I find myself still withdrawing but I am getting through with vaping. It's the solution for me. 20 + years and I am ready to put analogs behind me for good!!

This forum has been a big help. Thank you all.

~Chris

letsrock0303

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
A big congrats to you Chris! Good job on quitting and making a dedication to improve your health. I'm glad you found some stuff to tide you over while you stalked the mail man. Don't worry. We all stalk the mail man. You are doing great and I promise it gets easier. It especially gets easier once you do some experimenting and figure out what works for you. As you can afford it, look into tanks and cartos, dripping and mods. You will eventually find a combination that will give you that same "AHHHH" feeling a good cig would give you.

cstalker

Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Philadelphia area, PA
P.S. I'm using a blu starter kit(while I wait for lavatube2) but had to use a few blu disposables & found that those were much better than kit ecigs, go figure

I read the same thing. I was tempted to buy the Blu starter kit at Walgreens but kept remembering what people say about them.

cstalker

Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Philadelphia area, PA
A big congrats to you Chris! Good job on quitting and making a dedication to improve your health. I'm glad you found some stuff to tide you over while you stalked the mail man. Don't worry. We all stalk the mail man. You are doing great and I promise it gets easier. It especially gets easier once you do some experimenting and figure out what works for you. As you can afford it, look into tanks and cartos, dripping and mods. You will eventually find a combination that will give you that same "AHHHH" feeling a good cig would give you.

Thanks. Already eying up a new Joyetech 510t. I am not ready for something that doesn't look and feel like a cig. Maybe someday. I am near power all day so I don't feel I need a monster battery.

patthib

Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Minnesota
Which style batteries? Do you mean the threading? I am not sure what their threading is, but their starter kits each have something different. They do sell a variety of adapters and I highly recommend that you grab a couple of these 510 adapters.Converter from Apollo Standard to 510 That will let you use most any 510 threaded gear on your batteries. Finding stuff that will fit an odd threading is tough and expensive!

Welcome back to vaping, and good luck on your new adventure!

joeshark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Down town China Town NY
I read the same thing. I was tempted to buy the Blu starter kit at Walgreens but kept remembering what people say about them.

Ha, that's funny, Walgreens is exactly where I got my starter kit; hoping I can return the kit for a refund within their 30day return period. The kit really does stink, other wise I would keep it, but at this point I would rather have my $65 back. The kit came with a variety pack, and I purchased 20 cartos from blu directly. I went thru the variety pack, still have about 7 cartos.
Wonder if any one has had luck returning the kit to walgreens after using up the included variety pack :?:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi CS - thanks for the post. And congrats on making the switch. To answer your question - I'm not sure what threading Apollo have on their batteries, but they do sell a 510 adapter:
Converter from Apollo Standard to 510

510 is a very common thread for ecigs and accessories. So it would be worthwhile getting the adapter, then you can try out other stuff later on that is 510 threaded. Adapters are a great asset to have as a vaper. When using an adapter, just make sure to screw on the fat centre post end of the adapter first. That's the centre post that shows when you look into the adapter.

Tail11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
nor cal
Thanks. Already eying up a new Joyetech 510t. I am not ready for something that doesn't look and feel like a cig. Maybe someday. I am near power all day so I don't feel I need a monster battery.

I used to smoke American Spirit yellows too. I bought a blu disposable and wasn't a big fan of it, but I've had another here and there and find them ok, but they don't last long.

I bought a cig a like kit from V2. Good to start off with, but immediately purchased the X2 battery from Smokeless Image because everything is 808d, so I didn't have parts that wouldn't fit. I'm already eyeing VV's, but need to hold off buying anything else for awhile. If you're around a computer, you can always get a USB pass thru. I use them at my computer and my TV chair.

Congrats on your first 48! Keep up the good work! There is a wealth of information here!

cstalker

Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Philadelphia area, PA
Which style batteries? Do you mean the threading? I am not sure what their threading is, but their starter kits each have something different. They do sell a variety of adapters and I highly recommend that you grab a couple of these 510 adapters.Converter from Apollo Standard to 510 That will let you use most any 510 threaded gear on your batteries. Finding stuff that will fit an odd threading is tough and expensive!

Welcome back to vaping, and good luck on your new adventure!

By battery style I really meant battery model (kr808, proprietary, etc..)

So by buying this adapter I could essentially just buy a 510 atty and tank and go to town? I would think I should just buy the 510t and call it a day?

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Just get the adapter, its only $5. And yes, then you can use a 510 atty, cartos, clearos... :)
Apollo batteries appear to be proprietary - but unlike some places that sell proprietary threads they do offer an adapter, which is good on their part.
Don't use a different charger though - only use the charger that comes with the kit.

hvac999

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Welcome, It will get easer. I stopped for good the 26th after casually using in 2010. You will even get more excited as time goes on. You will learn the different e-cig setups and really be set. You will stalk the mail man for supplies when you are running low. You may even want to post a banner after 15 posts to remind you of your progress. CONGRATS

mina lily

Dec 30, 2012
italy
This days i shiping in one shop,saw this new vv products ecigarette, i don't know if it is good, but i saw the appearance is very beautiful,i want to buy, could you give me more suggestion?
:p SWIG four colors.jpg

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Great decision Chris, I couldn't recommend vaping more. I find alot of people claiming they prefer analogs to electric, but to be honest I think those people just havent found the right ecig/flavour! I started on one of the 510's since everyone was mentioning them. Found it to be terrible. But when I switched over to the eGo F1, I couldnt believe the improvement. Am now on the 808 with a carto tank, couldn't recommend it more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread