"2015 Luxury E pipe" and budget VV/VW mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAJ_rios

May 25, 2015
Finland
Hi all, first time post to this forum so I'm anxious to see how the members play. I've been vaping for a while, long enough in fact that most of my gear has degraded to the point of needing replacement. Unfortunately, my wants are greater than my budget, so I hope to run a few ideas past you all and get some helpful ideas.

For a fancy night on the town, I'm looking to get an attention grabbing yet not ostentatious e-pipe. Of course, VV is preferable but the cheapest one I could find was the smok model, and 60 bucks (in whatever currency) is a little beyond justification for me. After some searching I found this 3.7V model here, and wanted to hear your opinions on it.

New 2015 Luxury E pipe E Cigarette BUD Mechanical Mod Vape Pen Vaporizer + Refilled Atomizer Rebuildable Clearomizer Vapor-in Electronic Cigarette Mod Kits from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

It's pretty darn cheap and LOOKS like it has ego/510 fittings, but I figured I'd ask the experts. The benefits of this one are the replaceable battery (in case they ship a cheap quality one) and what looks like a common fitting, so I don't have to trust a cheap atomizer from who knows where.

Of course, pipes (as far as I know) have a limited selection for a budget vaper, so I'm also in the market for a new VV mod (or even VW if there's a good one) for when 3.7V just isn't enough, which is often. I've used the Kanger EvoD V V models and they keep breaking on me, I'm looking for something more reliable, bigger battery, but discrete and not bank-busting. So could anybody recommend a nice new mod to enjoy my coming 100mL of Pipe Sauce with?

Thanks everyone, I look forward to being a member of this community :)

Reactions: thetrucker

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here!:)

Alibabi is the Chinese version of ebay. ECF's forum software strips their links. If you are looking for budget priced vaping products check out Fastech. Their shipping is slow but they carry many different mods/tanks and there are discussions & reviews on all their products.

If the products is advertised as "authentic" you can trust that it is. If it says "style" then you know it is a clone. Clones can be great (or they can be bad). But if you read the reviews/discussions you will have some idea of the quality of the product.

Reactions: RAJ_rios

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I'm having a hard time finding pipes from from Fastech, would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction? And do you have any experienced recommendations you could send my way? Thanks again!

I have never used an e-pipe so I don't have a recommendation. Check out these models on Fasttech ==> E Pipes.

If you find one you like check out the reviews & discussion to see what others are saying.

so I'm also in the market for a new VV mod (or even VW if there's a good one) for when 3.7V just isn't enough

Start a separate thread on this so others will give you ideas as well. But you can look at the eLeaf iStick 30 watt mod. Goes up to 30 watts and can fire a 0.4Ω coil. It's not much bigger than a bic lighter. I have a couple of them as well as it's big brother, the iStick 50 watt.

Last edited:

RAJ_rios

May 25, 2015
Finland
Check out these models on Fasttech ==> E Pipes.

Yeah, I feel like a real jerk for not using the search bar and then filtering by price before, I thought there would be more tobacco pipes than there were to sort through (my problem with other websites so far.) Sadly, nothing both caught my eye and was available.

Goes up to 30 watts and can fire a 0.4Ω coil

I haven't gone sub-ohm before (my lowest is 1.5Ω) but it really looks like that's the way the trend is swinging these days. I know the discussion could be pages long, would you give me <i>your</i> reason for recommending a sub-ohm build?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Yeah, I feel like a real jerk for not using the search bar and then filtering by price before, I thought there would be more tobacco pipes than there were to sort through (my problem with other websites so far.) Sadly, nothing both caught my eye and was available.

I haven't gone sub-ohm before (my lowest is 1.5Ω) but it really looks like that's the way the trend is swinging these days. I know the discussion could be pages long, would you give me <i>your</i> reason for recommending a sub-ohm build?

Don't feel bad, RAJ, we all have those "Doh!" moments - whether or not we admit it! :blush:

Can't speak for Susan, but I have several devices that will let me sub-ohm - but don't use them in that way, as it's something I've tried and don't care for. But having the capability to try it and decide for yourself may be a good thing. You may like it. The "trend" is, imo, largely due to the cloud chasers. With older tech (think mechanicals, fixed voltage), the only way to get big clouds was to run at lower resistance. With today's high watt devices, you don't need to go there for big clouds, you can just crank up the watts.

I vape to not smoke, typically run about 1.5 Ω and 8 - 10 watts. Get as much vapor as I use to get smoke, and that's fine for me. But we're all different. Having hardware that will let you try different methods lets you find what works well for you. The iStick 30 is a decent device, for ones with fixed batteries, and will let you "experiment."

And welcome aboard! :)

RAJ_rios

May 25, 2015
Finland
The Smok Guardian II is going to be the best bang for your buck epipe out there right now... $60 isn't that pricey when you consider the prices of the epipes from say epipemods.

Indeed, but that's without even including the price of a battery and charger into the mix. It's unfortunate that the sale price on the pipe I liked ended, I think I should have gotten it simply because it was so cheap (and relatively good looking as well) The ones I like from Fastech are sold out or discontinued now. (I think we can admit when it comes to pipes, vanity is nearly as important as the quality) My budget doesn't really allow for an expensive pipe <i>and</i> every day mod.

Having hardware that will let you try different methods lets you find what works well for you.

That's a good point, and thanks for all the input on the sub-ohm thing. I vape to keep myself away from cigarettes. I'm not interested in 'wowing' people with Gandalf levels of smoke and I'll never be skilled enough to blow a smoke ring hula-hoop, what's important for me is a good strong throat hit. And I guess I'll be able to try <Ω if I need more sometime in the future. I was hoping for guidance towards a pen-style mod, since I'm used to carrying that shape in my pocket, but if the box is the way to go I'm sure I'll find a way to get used to it. At 2200mAh and VW, I don't have a lot of room to complain.

Looking forward to any more input anyone has :D

Last edited:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN

I don't necessarily recommend a subΩ build but a battery that can run one gives you some flexability.

I like a warm "very airy" draw. In most cases, the only way to get that is by either lowering my resistance or upping my voltage/wattage. I do have a few "tootle puffers" that I love. My Mini Reo Wooden Box mod (unregulated) uses a 14500 9amp battery so I build +1Ω for safety reasons. The dripper is small so that helps concentrate the heat.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Here's a couple for you to look at.

$31.55 Tesla Variable Voltage/Wattage Mod - 3.0-6.0V / 3.0-15.0W / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$29.86 Authentic Cloupor Mini 30W Variable Wattage / Voltage VW VV APV Box Mod - 7-30W / 3.6-7V / anodized aluminum / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Both will also require some 18650 batteries and a good charger. The first it "pen" type, but bigger, the second is box and will do subΩ. (That model Tesla won't subΩ, but is a solid mod, well made and durable. As is the Cloupor Mini.)

There's also the Tesla VIII, which will subΩ $45.43 Tesla VIII 18650 Variable Wattage APV Mod - 7.0W-30.0W / aluminum / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

RAJ_rios

May 25, 2015
Finland
I was actually looking at that first Tesla model and had the tab saved as a high potential.
I have to admit though, the Clouper Mini 30W was looking pretty tasty, according to the reviews/removable battery/price, but now I'm reading the discussions and apparently these are pretty faulty devices. I'm considering testing my luck, or grabbing the iStick paired up with one of these:
$1.78 510 to eGo/510 Converter Adapter - chromed brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I'm sure I can get used to the shape and stares. Now I'm wondering if it's time to upgrade my fleet of Kanger Aerotanks to something nicer as well. Is there a section of the forum dedicated to budget clearomizers? I feel like I'm missing out on something better, using these tanks.

Last edited:

monkey39

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Texas

Don't go thinking you have to sub ohm, although it can be pretty satisfying. I've been vaping just going on one year now, tried all types of tanks, clearos and RDAs, sub ohmed at high watts, and I've settled at 1.0 to 1.3 ohm builds @ around 30 watts for my day-to-day setup. It's really all about what satisfies you.

In any case, there are a ton of sub ohm tanks you can try on, and most of them are pretty good. I've tried the Kanger Subtank, Joyetech Delta 2, Eleaf Melo, and the Smok GCT. Of those, the Kanger Subtank is my favorite. The others are good, also, but I don't think you'll find anyone who would disagree that the Subtanks are quality products, from build construction to performance.

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I was actually looking at that first Tesla model and had the tab saved as a high potential.
I have to admit though, the Clouper Mini 30W was looking pretty tasty, according to the reviews/removable battery/price, but now I'm reading the discussions and apparently these are pretty faulty devices. I'm considering testing my luck, or grabbing the iStick paired up with one of these:
$1.78 510 to eGo/510 Converter Adapter - chromed brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I'm sure I can get used to the shape and stares. Now I'm wondering if it's time to upgrade my fleet of Kanger Aerotanks to something nicer as well. Is there a section of the forum dedicated to budget clearomizers? I feel like I'm missing out on something better, using these tanks.

I have both. Actually, the "triangular" Tesla VV I have two, black and silver. Both have been in service for over a year, and both are doing fine. Just got the Cloupor a few weeks ago, and so far not a hint of any problems. But the adapter route is cheap and easy insurance.

If you're happy with your Aeros, keep using them. Heck, I still use Kanger PT, PT2 and T3S clearos, rebuild the heads. For a rebuildable, I like the Kayfuns, have several. They are easy to build, good for flavor, but may not have enough air flow if you like long, deep lung hits. The Lemos generally allow more air flow, as do the Kanger Subtank and mini (a nice fit on any of the mods mentioned so far :) ) with their rebuildable heads. Don't have to coil it for sub ohm, and the factory heads are easier to rebuild than Kanger single coils, which are simple. And lots of others I've not used, so won't speak for :blink:

And yep, lot of info on ECF on clearos. Maybe start here Clearomizers | E-Cigarette Forum

RAJ_rios

May 25, 2015
Finland
Allrighty guys, I've checked plenty of reviews, videos, manufacturer advertisements etc. and have made a decision. I'm going to order the Eleaf iStick 30W with the adapter, and a Kanger Subtank Mini to go with it (FastTech). I checked out how to rebuild the RTA and it looks like a great cash saver, and a way for me to make sure it's perfect as well. I think for the pipe, I'm just going to have to build one myself if I don't want to spend 100+ bucks for the features I want.

So what remains before I place the order is:
What do you guys think of this build? For the price? Assuming I throw everything else away today, am I forgetting to buy anything?
And:
Where should I look for individual parts to build my pipe? (the voltage control board is my prime concern)

Thanks for all the great input everyone, you've really made this a wonderful learning experience for me!

Last edited:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I'm going to order the Eleaf iStick 30W with the adapter, and a Kanger Subtank Mini to go with it (FastTech)
Great setup. I think you will really love it.

am I forgetting to buy anything?
Rebuilding tools
1. A1 Kanthal wire. I use mostly 24, 26 & 28 gauge. UK Site => The Vape Mesh Company
2. Precision Screwdriver or Drill Bits or a Kuro Coiler
3. Wicking material -- I use Japanese cotton pads. Organic cotton balls also work.
4. Ohm Reader -- you can use your iStick to measure your new build but an ohm reader will read out to 2 decimal points and makes a great rebuilding base.

here should I look for individual parts to build my pipe? (the voltage control board is my prime concern)

Try browsing around the Modding Forum. You can ask questions there.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Thanks Susan, I knew I'd forgotten something! I have to wonder, why don't you purchase the Kanthal wire from FastTech? Does the UK site supply better quality, or cheaper wire?

I'm in the US and get my A1 Kanthal (Temco Brand) from either Lightening Vapes or Amazon. I have not checked FastTech recently but at one time they only carried Nichrome pre-wound coils.

A UK member posted (about 9 months ago) that they purchased their wire from The Mesh Company. I saved the link in case other members were trying to find wire.

Here's a few other tools that may come in handy.
  • Blunt Tip Scissors
  • Stainless Tweezers
  • Ceramic Tip Tweezers
  • Needle Nose Pliers
  • Wire Cutters

Last edited:

RAJ_rios

May 25, 2015
Finland
Thinking it would be cool to have a pipe looking mod/tank. Do they make rebuildable tanks for these epipes? Something along the lines of a lemo and do they take 18650's?

Sorry, I have no more information about the pipe from Alibaba, that's why I joined the forum :D I do believe it only uses 18350 batteries though.

1. A1 Kanthal wire. I use mostly 24, 26 & 28 gauge. UK Site => The Vape Mesh Company

I picked the 10M 28AWG Kanthal from FastTech ( $2.43 Authentic Kanthal A1 Resistance Wire for Rebuildable Atomizers - 28 AWG / 0.32mm*10m / 17.66ohm/m at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping )
I believe I already have every tool necessary, I'll just use the ohmmeter built into the mod (the 2nd sub decimal is not that important to me... yet.)

I also pre-ordered (even though it was way out of my initial budget the deal seemed too good to pass up and I have quite a fetish for red and black) the Kanger Subox
( $56.97 Authentic Kanger SUBOX Mini Black Starter Kit - 1*18650 / 4.5ml / 0.5ohm / 7-50W at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping )
I paired this up with an order of 2 18650 LG HE4 batteries.
I know I won't be getting any reviews on it, but it's pretty much the leading consumer brand in ecig stuff (I liken it to the FORD of the ecig industry) so I figure a 50W mod at that price has got to be good, and expect a good warranty replacement if not. If it wasn't expected by forum members to take a month before orders began to ship, I would have scrapped my iStick and silver subtank mini order and just gotten the Subox. C'est la vie.

Now I'm off to look into building my own e-pipe, so I want to thank everyone on this thread once more for all of the great help in choosing this delicious equipment and assisting my 5 post minimum to become a full member.

-RAJ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread